Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo-Niagara' quality of life

Thumbs up Buffalo-Niagara' quality of life

The upstate New York area of Buffalo/Niagara region, Rochester and Syracuse rank in the top five best mid-sized cities for relocating families, according to the Worldwide ERC and Primacy Relocation.
    In cities with population of 600,000 to 1.3 million:
    1. Omaha/Council Bluffs, NE/IA
    2. Syracuse, NY
    3. Rochester, NY
    4. Knoxville, TN
    5. Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY
    6. Worcester, MA

This years's report uses up-to-date census and economic data to highlight places where affordable housing, reasonable commutes, educational resources create a high quality of life for families.

For more info visit: www.worldwideerc.org, www.primacy.com, or www.bestplaces.net

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But without jobs it's pointless. Once moved here people need to generate income.

I mentioned in the past we stayed in WNY 10 years after graduating from college as we realized and enjoyed everything WNY has to offer but per th second post, the poor job, pay, career outlooks and the resulting struggle made us finally move out of the Buffalo area. Without some stable income, ability to gain job skils and value, the ability to be able to reasonably support a family, the great things about living in WNY meant less and less.

One thing that makes me doubt the value of this report or study is listing Omaha number one. My old corporate headquarters was based there so I had to be there all to frequently. It is one of the most boring places to live and the weather is bad. For a spell, thier slogan for the chamber of commerce directed at possible new families moving there was "There's more to do than the Zoo". (An acknowledgement that they knew the area had an image problem based on the fact it is dull) Fact is there is far too little to do or see and that to me was a very LOW quality of life. Even though the economy and job outlook there was better than WNY, the price to be paid (Lack of any life there) was too high to be considered as a place to live.

Western New York is #1 !

Buffalo's Talkin Proud about our disproportionately high rates of:
    • Cancer
    • Multiple Sclerosis
    • Thyroid Disease
    • Leukemia
    • Heart Disease
    • (insert dreadful disease here)

Let's not forget about the absurdly high levels of benzene, a known carcinogen, which exceed state guidelines!

So Breathe deeply, take in a generous lungful of benzene, and enjoy our wonderful quality of life here in the Buffalo area!

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/498375.html (Benzene is yummy!)

Thumbs up

Nobody's forcing anybody to leave or stay. It's people' choice.

I was talking to this guy who told me he was from Philadelphia. He grew up in a section of the city where you had to be tough to survive. He married and had kids. He realized that he could not allow his kids to live the life he did. I asked him why he moved to Buffalo. He said he knew we had safe neighborhoods, better schools and the cost of living was cheaper. He has a good job and his children are all adults. Everyone plans on staying here.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

I Was down South and everything is cheaper here.Oh Vadalia In Georgia a New house is a deal. Go peddel your NY Loving crap somewhere else. Like Res said if we have no Jobs whats the point. No Jobs and a million free cheesers.

Thumbs up

You were "down South" and you liked it but you returned back. You love to WNY, don't you goody?

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    I Was down South and everything is cheaper here.Oh Vadalia In Georgia a New house is a deal. Go peddel your NY Loving crap somewhere else. Like Res said if we have no Jobs whats the point. No Jobs and a million free cheesers.

while I respect your opinion - you must have a good job? I will say its not that easy - I dont know exactly what you do - but since I am in sales, a good honest sales person can work anywhere and make great cash - its about integrity - of course not everyone is cut out for sale - but there are good jobs here, tons of them???? ummm nooooo but I do think many can survive if they want to work hard to make the money - most of the people I know dont want to commute 30 minutes even to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugggggg
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun View Post
    Western New York is #1 !

• Cancer
    • Multiple Sclerosis
    • Thyroid Disease
    • Leukemia
    • Heart Disease
    • (insert dreadful disease here)

Let's not forget about the absurdly high levels of benzene, a known carcinogen, which exceed state guidelines!

So Breathe deeply, take in a generous lungful of benzene, and enjoy our wonderful quality of life here in the Buffalo area!

That's why we have Roswell and Dent.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

As much as I'd like to believe it, I have a hard time putting stock in any study that lists Syracuse as having the 2nd highest quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    As much as I'd like to believe it, I have a hard time putting stock in any study that lists Syracuse as having the 2nd highest quality of life.
    I thought I heard somewhere that Syracuse has a higher crime rate than Buffalo? That's not a quality to me.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun View Post
    Western New York is #1 !

• Cancer
    • Multiple Sclerosis
    • Thyroid Disease
    • Leukemia
    • Heart Disease
    • (insert dreadful disease here) STROKES
      One of the highest rates of morbid obesity in the nation

Have a "gut" feeling that there are a TON of toxic waste sites across the WNY region causing a disproportionate number of cancer cases.

And with deference to Zanna, MOST people who WANT to move out of Buffalo, New York can not AFFORD to move out of "the city of good neighbors," especially NOW.

TALKING PROUD!!!
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    You were "down South" and you liked it but you returned back. You love to WNY, don't you goody?

I had to come back the Job was over. You know NY is a beautifull state,Its the incompetent people I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    while I respect your opinion - you must have a good job? I will say its not that easy - I dont know exactly what you do - but since I am in sales, a good honest sales person can work anywhere and make great cash - its about integrity - of course not everyone is cut out for sale - but there are good jobs here, tons of them???? ummm nooooo but I do think many can survive if they want to work hard to make the money - most of the people I know dont want to commute 30 minutes even to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugggggg
    My job used to be fun but no more. I live out of a suit case I represent companies run by dolts who whorship at the alter of the dollar.NY is fd up becuase of the choices we have made. In all my life I have never been in the company of so many Girly men who dont want to take controll of their own destiny.Its free cheese for all.Colleen you are a hard worker you make your own luck. Tell me other then taking a free cheese job with the Nazi party are the good Jobs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information