Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you get your flu shot?

Did you get your flu shot?

Have you received your flu shot or do you plan to get a flu and/or Phneumonia shot?

ME?
    No way.
    Read too many bad things about it. Mercury, the even more toxic emulsifier, the high rate of early Alzheimer's onset in groups that have received their flu shots, that the shot only "protects" you from ONE strain of the flu;Not mutations, ect.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

justKel
    I don't either. My cardiologist recommends it but I don't care. First, me and needles don't get along at all. Second, I'll risk the flu over the risks from the vaccine, some of which you mentioned.

Unregistered
    I stopped getting the flu vaccine a few years ago.

Every year I was vaccinated, I ended-up getting the flu.

Ever since I stopped getting the shot, (knock on wood), I've been flu free.

Unregistered

Sick?

I don't get them. I never get sick. My medicine is eating well and keeping in shape!

I don't believe in doctors, shots or any kind of medicine. All natural foods!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    Have you received your flu shot or do you plan to get a flu and/or Phneumonia shot?

ME?
    No way.
    Read too many bad things about it. Mercury, the even more toxic emulsifier, the high rate of early Alzheimer's onset in groups that have received their flu shots, that the shot only "protects" you from ONE strain of the flu;Not mutations, ect.
    What!?! And steal a mental heath day from work from me? heck no!
    j/k sorta'
    I never had a flu shot and doubtful I ever will. I think I have had the actual flu twice, if that, in my whole life. I have had very bad colds, but rarely the flu. I'll take my chances.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

always get them

I have a strict nurse who you just dont say no to.when she finds out I,'m in the hospital she makes sure I have all my shots up to date. when she comes at you with a needle its just easier to bare your arm and take it.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    its just easier to bare your arm and take it.
    I found that to be true of a lot of women
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I don't get it either, the shot and thankfully I have never been terribly sick.

What we all refer to when we say we have the flu is usually a stomach virus and not truely influenza. A friend of mine pointed that out to me and I did a little research on it out of curiosity.

With true influenza, you usually don't vomit, it can happen, but that happens more in children

theflu

True influenza usually takes longer to recover from than a stomach virus, which can sometimes last 24 hours. Just thought it was interesting as I have always been one to say, " I am so sick, I have the flu" - when in fact it was a 24/48 hour stomach virus.................
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

I've never had the flu and I don't plan to ever get a flu shot. My family must come from a healthy stock because none of us have experienced the flu.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

OK. I started 3 years ago with the flu shot. I haven't had the flu since, but then I've contracted it only 2 times in my life. I got the pneumonia shot a few years ago. I haven't had any after effects from any of these shots.

I wash my hands after shopping or just generally being out where a lot of people congregate, before I prepare food, and at other times .

I eat nutritionally well. I eat 'bad stuff' if I feel like it. IE: cheesy popcorn, tons of chocolate, brie, and candy. Doctor sez I have high LDL but my HDL is extraordinarily high.

I don't worry that shots and vaccinations will make me sick. If I were emerald I wouldn't get the shots, either. Some gene in there works for her. But that's uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiny View Post
    I don't get them. I never get sick. My medicine is eating well and keeping in shape!

I don't believe in doctors, shots or any kind of medicine. All natural foods!
    Now if we could get 300 million more people to believe in this, Health care would be dirt cheap and we wouldn't be the fattest country EVER.

I'm 26, I won't worry about a flu shot till I'm 75. Plus I'm allergic to needles, whenever i see one they cause me to scream like a little girl!

I do not get flu shots anymore. The last time I got one I was the sickest I ever had been. The shot was supposed to make it so I did not miss work because of the flu and due to the shot I missed 2 days of work.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Yes I went to The Liquor store and purchased bottle of 100 nproof Old Grandad. I have killed evert flu Virus in my body.

I did, it hurt, my arm is sore.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun View Post
    I did, it hurt, my arm is sore.
    Haven't got one yet this year but I plan to. The shot doesn't hurt, and I think it helped a previous case of bronchitis from returning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information