Thread: forest fire, biker, ect WHAT ARE YOUR PROPOSALS?

forest fire, biker, ect WHAT ARE YOUR PROPOSALS?

GIVEN:

1) There is a $100+ million dollar deficit

2) You CANNOT simply "cut" union pay and benefits. IT CANNOT LEGALLY BE DONE, and they have been 100% uncooperative. You can try, and then lose a drawn out court battle, which will cost you EVEN MORE and you STILL pay them.

3) Insolvency (bankrupcy) cannot be declared UNTIL the county CANNOT legally raise taxes any more, which it CAN, this insolvency to dissolve union contracts is NOT an option UNTIL taxes are raised to the constitutional limit and cannot be raised any more.

4) You are trying to compete with other regions of the state and USA for businesses and people, and their $$. Your ONLY HOPE is to somehow attract people and jobs to WANT to come and stay here.

You can only do 2 things: make cuts or raise revenues.

So what do you do, keeping in mind the ENTIRE BIG PICTURE??

Since I "don't get it" PLEASe enlighten me
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

2) You CANNOT simply "cut" union pay and benefits. IT CANNOT LEGALLY BE DONE
    Cut the number of employees: presto, cut in the union pay and benefits.

3) Insolvency (bankrupcy) cannot be declared UNTIL the county CANNOT legally raise taxes any more, which it CAN, this insolvency to dissolve union contracts is NOT an option UNTIL taxes are raised to the constitutional limit and cannot be raised any more.
    What is this limit? Theoretically, there is no limit. But the fact that the votes aren't there to raise taxes should be construed as an implied limit, no?

Latest news is that instead of the 2000 jobs being cut, the number is actually a shade under 900 (and another 600 part-time jobs). So we aren't even at the stage in job-cutting where we should have been. If, with 900 cuts they can save $108M, then with a cut of 2000, they should be able to save another $108M, right? Problem solved.

Hack,

I agree with your assessment that the cuts need to be instated.

I also agree with the "let's see what the REAL NUMBERS ARE" crowd

But then you get into "you don;t trust your own county, but you DO trust the STATE gov't audit??"
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

Minimize the tax contribution you are paying there.....buy online or out of state, gas from the indian reservation, buy your car elsewhere and register locally avoid whatever taxes you can, the more the get contributed the longer they will put off the inevitable

Be active not only in places like this, these kinds of groups and forums should have been vibrant decades ago but people became complacent with their income and opportunities being taken away in small pieces, make your voice heard to city, county and state politiains

Do as many of us did, deprive them of your income, your hard work your ambition and ideas, leave the state, sooner comes the day theri empire collapses

You are not going to bring about change by agreeing one needs to pay more tax into that mess of a system, only when the castle crumbles will real change be possible.

It would be great to withold income and property taxes but it is hard to do, too visable and can land you in huge trouble. The tax, force out tax base tax more, force out more tax base vortex will only stop when it is suffiecntly starved.

I propose you stop starting a million threads on the same same subject.

Does anyone second my proposal?

Thread Information