Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sullivan - the "Independent" Democrat.

Sullivan - the "Independent" Democrat.

I found an article that was written in the South Buffalo Community Newspaper where Sullivan said "I don't want to have the endorsements of politicians or party chairmen. In stead, my campaign draws on the grass roots support of average people who are tired of the same old story. If we are going to start changing the way government operates we need to elect new leaders."

Hey, it worked for Giambra, just tell them what they want to hear.

Buff SEZ:Hey, it worked for Giambra, just tell them what they want to hear.
    I don't think anyone running for office will speak of things the voters don't want to hear. I've met Sullivan and know he's an honest family guy.

I do know the party ( DEMS )won't give him the time of day. They picked Kennedy way in advance to the actual process. The others interested in the position vacated were all but cast aside.

BF

Support

If he's not getting support from politicians, where does Greg Olma's infulence and cash in his campaign fit in?

Also...Is it that he does not WANT support, or simply that he is not getting the support.

From having met sullivan, I am under the impression that he wants the support of the people with his interest of changing the communities and not the politic games of gaining the party endorsement like other reps in the past have done. The 2nd district is propably the most political connected area of the County, this is going to be a tough race.

Clarification

Thanks for the Clarification on his stand.

I wan't replying on your question of greg Olma.

I was giving the best knowledge I have of Sullivan so far.

Are you a spy? LOL- just kidding.

Paul is a good guy, and is a former Griffin supporter. When he ran for Assembly he received huge financial backing from Giambra's folks. I would assume same will happen in this race, not certain how that will sit with some on this board.

haah

No, I just never met the guy, and all I know if him are what I hear... so thank you for the clarification to you, and others.

I think it's okay to have some of the same "supporters" as long as the candidate doesn't become a puppet to the politicians or their parties.

Residence

Does anyone know how long Paul Sullivan has lived in District 2? Did he grow up here or is he a newcomer?

I see what you're getting at ReformWNY, I can say that he did not move into the area just to get on the ballot for the Primaries. He has been in this district for a very long time.

I also think it is important for someone running to have lived the life of a neighborhood/district.

Are you in the 2nd district ReformWNY?

Getting at...

I'm not getting at anything. Just asked a question, and I appreciate your answer.... same goes for the Primary Challenge candidate. Is he from the area, or is he a newbie? These things are important. As far as Dist 2, I grew up in Dist 2 and have a vested interest in the area. I think it is truly a shame the state that the area I grew up in, the area that my parents have lived all of their lives has gotten to this state... and I want to see the best for it.

I am agreeing with you ReformWNY. And it's alright that you still have an interest in this area.

I recall someone saying that all three democratic candidates are from the South Buffalo area of the District.

From what Paul Sullivan said, he is big on the quality of life issues of the 2nd district, as will Kennedy and Gartler. They have all made a comments to the public about community-based interests being part of their platforms.

Residence

The reason I asked, was because I had heard that one of the candidates was not really from the area, and only moved in within the past year or so... Apparently it's not Paul Sullivan, and Tim Kennedy grew up in South Buffalo... how about Joe G?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information