Thread: One glue used to bind MILLIONS and MILLIONS of lost/misdirected tax dollars??????????

One glue used to bind MILLIONS and MILLIONS of lost/misdirected tax dollars??????????

I have no way of doing it myself -

but many believe if everyone on both sides of the majority of the issues posted on the "Lancaster" thread stops and looks -

the Major reoccurring glue that bonds thousands of posts -

well over $30MILLION dollars in debated tax dollar expenditures -

Debated IDA give aways that also spent tax dollars while forgiving taxes and debts owed -

decisions that lost tax revenue which most likely added over a few MILLION to the home owners taxes unnecessarily -

millions of tax dollars spent to upgrade water,sewer lines and roads in build able areas, while ignoring all but emergency repairs in the rest of the Town/Village.

Quote from Wikipedia,

"The small town identity which Lancaster once held is now changing because of the rapid town growth, a rarity in a county and region that has seen rapid population decline. Subdivisions are slowly beginning to take over the town. Residents are somewhat upset over this. Sewage and flooding issues are plaguing residents of the town and village because of the high number of growing subdivisions."

There is a glue that binds most if not all of these debates - there is one binding undeniable fact - those who helped create most of these issues were well known "Party Players" and some of the elected ones are retiring with lucrative pensions enhanced by tax dollars - life time health care funded by tax dollars - Many of those who supported them have been rewarded with tax funded patronage jobs in our school system - Parks Department - Highway Department - Town Hall.

XSupervisor Giza is not that glue - the true bonding agent is entitlement/greed. Those who for whatever reason feel that because of there heritage they deserve more - those who believe tax dollars are theirs to manipulate - those who feed from the Political Pay to Play Patronage System. While the Lancaster Chorus Line (Town Hall) lead by Xsupervisor Giza became the Lancaster Poster Child of this system - he himself was not truly in control - he is and was a willing player.

What have we learned and how can we avoid this in the future????????
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

As someone not born in Lancaster, I don't know the history

The Wikipedia article states-
    The Town of Lancaster was formed from the Town of Clarence, New York in 1833. The town was named after Lancaster, Massachusetts, but the reason for applying this name is not known. Lancaster, however, was originally called Cayuga Creek. Later it incorporated and renamed itself to become what we now know as Lancaster.
    So, does this mean when the Town of Lancaster was separated from Clarence in 1833, the name was Lancaster and later changed to Cayuga Creek and later changed back to Lancaster again?

What is interesting is that the southern part of Clarence (Lancaster) was being so thickly populated that it brought about the division in 1833. The Town of Clarence had an earlier vote in a special town meeting in 1829 but the separation was voted down by a majority. Most of the new settlers in that area were Pennsylvania German immigrants. Maybe it was named after Lancaster, PA or even an English Dukedom as Clarence was?

Georgia L Schlager

I believe that the influx of development might be because the area had something that people wanted. I understand 4248 where you might correlate some of the development to the patronage heritage.

In my estimation, I believe that what might have been the problem with development and infrastructure disparity is the lack of intellegence in our government and their positions. The "smart growth" model and their "smart growth" model wasn't very smart. The infrastructure did not support the growth.

gorja, great history find! I loved reading that little piece of history you found.

Lightbulb Self interests feed Entitlement !!!!!!!!!!

I guess in a sense one could simplify by blaming it on the "lack of intelligence in our government and their positions" or because Councilman Stempniak campaigned on "Smart Growth" but never actually planned for it or had a reasonable action platform relating to achieving it - You could be correct !

Well maybe its that simple - I don't think it was from what I and others have witnessed for the last 25 years. There was no shortage of rhetoric - campaign fluff - press releases and such.

Mainly, what I saw was a development driven agenda to fund their long term goal - which was as the Town Board has stated - "Building a full service Town"

If the driving force is to create a self sustaining bureaucracy that controls tax funded service jobs - that has been accomplished.

Year after year - election cycle after cycle more high paying tax funded patronage jobs with tax funded pensions and lifetime benefits have been created and filled by "Party Players" and others of the "Entitlement Group Family Members"

While tax paying residents tried to bring light to the long term burdens being created - while concerned residents continually tried to slow the development and protect wetlands - while Eco sensitive residents warned about wildlife including rare bird breeding grounds being bulldozed - while some showed factual examples of neglected sewer and water services -

The Town Controllers were busy over building and growing a "Entitlement Program" for their self interests - now we all pay.

4248;935428]I have no way of doing it myself -

but many believe if everyone on both sides of the majority of the issues posted on the "Lancaster" thread stops and looks -

the Major reoccurring glue that bonds thousands of posts -

well over $30MILLION dollars in debated tax dollar expenditures -

Debated IDA give aways that also spent tax dollars while forgiving taxes and debts owed -

decisions that lost tax revenue which most likely added over a few MILLION to the home owners taxes unnecessarily -

millions of tax dollars spent to upgrade water,sewer lines and roads in build able areas, while ignoring all but emergency repairs in the rest of the Town/Village.

[COLOR=#0000ff]Quote from Wikipedia,

"The small town identity which Lancaster once held is now changing because of the rapid town growth, a rarity in a county and region that has seen rapid population decline. Subdivisions are slowly beginning to take over the town. Residents are somewhat upset over this. Sewage and flooding issues are plaguing residents of the town and village because of the high number of growing subdivisions."

There is a glue that binds most if not all of these debates - there is one binding undeniable fact - those who helped create most of these issues were well known "Party Players" and some of the elected ones are retiring with lucrative pensions enhanced by tax dollars - life time health care funded by tax dollars - Many of those who supported them have been rewarded with tax funded patronage jobs in our school system - Parks Department - Highway Department - Town Hall.
    No better example can be given than an xSupervisor bragging to current work associates that he receives $92,000 in pension and Social Security benefits – and he gets free lifetime health insurance through the Boys Club.

One only has to examine the 2012 town budget and on employee salary structure, added longevity pay, perks galore, vacation/sick day buyback programs, etc. etc.

XSupervisor Giza is not that glue - the true bonding agent is entitlement/greed. Those who for whatever reason feel that because of there heritage they deserve more - those who believe tax dollars are theirs to manipulate - those who feed from the Political Pay to Play Patronage System. While the Lancaster Chorus Line (Town Hall) lead by Xsupervisor Giza became the Lancaster Poster Child of this system - he himself was not truly in control - he is and was a willing player.
    I hear that a lot, but I have never been in the inner circle of any party as I don’t belong to a political party. I only judge on what I seen take place at town, planning board, zoning board, and school board meeting. If Giza was the poster boy for a privileged party as you claim, he sure played the part well. All I ever heard was, “I know everyone in town, I know everything, I, I, I.

However, I found the town was no better served by the Republican Party when they were the majority in the early 90’s. Poor development practices were prevalent during their administration as well and little attention was paid to addressing the infrastructure needs of a growing town at that time as well.

What have we learned and how can we avoid this in the future????????
    We should have learned by now to vote for the individual we believe will best serve the community's best interest, not by party affiliation. With a newer breed moving in, and with the old politicos dying out, I already see change taking place. It is no longer “hey, what can I do for you to get your vote; it is the voter saying hey, what are you doing to my community and my pocketbook.”

I believe we have a smarter voting bloc now that will demand performance and fiscal responsibility from the town board – regardless of party affiliation. 25% of Lancaster registered voters are not party affiliated; and that's a good thing in my opinion as I am not as well. Lancaster residents are tired of, and see through the old ways of patronage and generous town employee union contracts; contracts established where no town employee contributes to their health insurance and where the police contribute zero to their retirement plan, etc. Generous contracts provided for vote support.

While tax paying residents tried to bring light to the long term burdens being created - while concerned residents continually tried to slow the development and protect wetlands - while Eco sensitive residents warned about wildlife including rare bird breeding grounds being bulldozed - while some showed factual examples of neglected sewer and water services, the Town Controllers were busy over building and growing a "Entitlement Program" for their self interests - now we all pay.
    Too true! But unless one attended town board meetings and/or planning board meetings and saw and heard what was taking place they were never informed of what was taking place because the media rarely printed resident challenge or opposition; they just printed the packet of information handed them on what they were told to write after the meeting took place.

I hope to see the change in direction and the fiscal responsibility promised by recently elected Supervisor Fudoli. Taking a ten percent cut in salary and using his personal car (and gas) for town business was a step in the right direction for fiscal change – unlike the boasting of the Supervisor basting of $92,000 in retirement benefits and free lifetime health insurance.

Time will tell and Fudoli will be held to the same standards.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Too true! But unless one attended town board meetings and/or planning board meetings and saw and heard what was taking place they were never informed of what was taking place because the media rarely printed resident challenge or opposition; they just printed the packet of information handed them on what they were told to write after the meeting took place.
    As one who does not attend the meetings, it is very gratifying reading the articles Lee writes depicting both sides of the equation. Not just the side the board gave the media to print. Now, even the media is being more diligent in getting out all the facts and not just printing what's in the press packet.'

Thanks again, Lee for all your hard work and getting the truth out.

Georgia L Schlager

On seethroughny.net, it shows Giza's 2012 pension benefit as $41,958. Is that maybe a 6-month benefit? Surely, he is not receiving $50,000 in Soc. Security benefits.

Georgia L Schlager

This brings out the possible use of a few more well hidden tricks.

If you remember when Councilman Stempniak quit/retired/rehired her Town Board position after retiring from her teaching job.

The one thing XSupervisor Giza let slip was - as he stated,"She deferred part of her pension benefit" - then she returned to the Town Board at full pay $24,000.00 tax dollars a year. Point being is they can also manipulate their monthly pension so then they can earn the maximum allowable from other positions/titles/appointments at the same time. Then later when the time is right - they can then start collecting social security on top.

Now in Xsupervisor Giza's case he collects health care benefits from the Boys and Girls club - he also collects health care benefits from Lancaster. Now he collects or entitled to collect his full Town Pension - then he adds in about $13/14 thousand (+/-) from social security - and what ever he collects from Basil Chevy. He is also still eligible to receive compensation from other Boards or Appointments. God knows what all could be included - unless you see his tax/income statements - we will never have a accurate answer because he ain't ever been completely honest about such things.

As he has stated many many times, "I'm taking it because I earned it"

PS - did mention that money put into the "Deferred status" is not considered taxable and earns interest!?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Year after year - election cycle after cycle more high paying tax funded patronage jobs with tax funded pensions and lifetime benefits have been created and filled by "Party Players" and others of the "Entitlement Group Family Members"
    That rings a bell for sure.

Thread Information