Thread: Convention center tonight 04/15. Are you going?

Convention center tonight 04/15. Are you going?

I wasnt planning on it but after the county execs state of the county address. I think I am going. How many people do you think will show?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hopefully LOTS
    It's time to take matters into our own hands otherwise we will be fed the same crap forever...

I'll be there!

Sorry I couldn't make it to the rally But I saw the local news channels covered the event, so that's kind of cool for you guys.

I was there. Lotta dedicated folks so it was kind of fun. They had all the candidates speak, I thought the best over all speaker was the lady running for mayor of buffalo. However the best one liner of the evening came from the guy running for the 3rd distict.

"I promise if you elect me .......... You wont be electing my whole family"

I thought that was great

Ditto on the lady mayor, Judith Einach!! I wish I lived in Buffalo so I could vote for her. If she can get the exposure, I think she will give Byron Brown a run for his money. To hear her is to support her!

promise if you elect me .......... You wont be electing my whole family

Cool. at least we know it won't be another giambra family member

that was bad - lol.

Thiswas only the beginning, not the end.

I am concerned that there will now be a lull, when people will lose interest in this whole reform push. People have busy personal lives, the weather's turning nice and the lapse in interest would be natural.

I spent a few minutes speaking with my Legislature candidate. Nice guy. But he didn't have any sort of a sign-up sheet. He also didn't have an organizational meeting planned for potential supporters.

I didn't even ask him about fund-raising, if he wasn't even that far along.

He was whisked away to the podium before I could go even further.

I wasn't able to speak with him afterwards. As Leonard had suggested, we had made dinner reservations at a downtown restaurant. Because the meeting started forty minutes late, we had to leave as soon as the formal part started.

The event was great. But I saw no mechanism for us to follow up immediately.

Primarychallenge has been upfront that there job is to get the petitions of the candidates through the legal challenges. Period. The campaigns are up to each individual candidate.

But I'm left with the feeling that we're in a relay race and the fist lap has been run and the baton is being held out in thin air, with no one on the next leg to grab it.

I agree. I was also at the meeting and I was glad to meet the guy running for EC Comptroller Robert Stoklosa. I also thought Judith was great, but I really can't see a white woman winning mayor of buffalo. Sorry... I just don't see it... PROVE ME WRONG!!

The guy from GI was good too. I sure would like him in my district!!

Well, now, irony has slapped me in the face.

The guy I was trying to get information out of, the guy running in my district. ....he's been sacked!

Seems he doesn't even live in the district.

First I heard of it was on this MB, for the 11th District.

Not off to a good start.

Sounds like we have a real rebellion!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I dont know if it's a rebellion just yet. We need more people to step up to the plate and get involved. If they don't have time to do anyhting then help with donations.

Thread Information