Thread: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton?

Unregistered

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton?

OH NO! Misses Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by ABC NEWS BLOGS
    ABC News’ Martha Raddatz, Jake Tapper and Z. Byron Wolf report: Sen. Hillary Clinton, who was President-elect Barack Obama’s leading rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, is being considered for the job of secretary of state in the Obama administration, sources with knowledge of the transition process tell ABC News.

Discussions about Clinton, D-N.Y., being asked to accept the post are "very serious," an Obama source says.

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., has been considered a leading contender for the post. But last week, ABC News’ chief Washington correspondent George Stephanopoulos reported on "Good Morning America" that Clinton also was in the running to be Obama’s secretary of state pick.

Though Clinton and Obama ran a contentious primary campaign for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination, Sen. Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, both campaigned for Obama in the general election campaign against the Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona.

Asked if Hillary Clinton would consider the secretary of state job, a former official in President Clinton’s administration said, "I think so. What would you rather do -- be senator or secretary of state?"

Asked about the reports on the Cabinet post and another report that Hillary Clinton went to Obama’s home base of Chicago today, senior Hillary Clinton adviser Philippe Reines said, "Any speculation about cabinet or other administration appointments is really for President-elect Obama's transition team to address."

Pushed on whether she physically went to Chicago, Reines said only that she had no public schedule today.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...ary-of-st.html

She would be a wise choice. Hands down.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MERL J View Post
    Yes! She did so well for NYS, she'd be wonderful for the ENTIRE country.

Oh, that's right. I almost forgot. She explained to Tim Russert why she did nothing for NYS......It was all George Bush's fault. Her campaign promises were based on Kerry winning the White House. She just conveniently left that tidbit of information out of her campaign speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by MERL J View Post
    No, She is just a good liar. I hate when someone promises BS like 200,000 jobs and then moves up the ladder and never fulfills it.

Let's face it.. The country is in a crisis and she is bailing out.

We will have another lying ass politician taking her place.

We need doers. I think Obama is a doer. He shouldn't hire dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Yes! She did so well for NYS, she'd be wonderful for the ENTIRE country.

Oh, that's right. I almost forgot. She explained to Tim Russert why she did nothing for NYS......It was all George Bush's fault. Her campaign promises were based on Kerry winning the White House. She just conveniently left that tidbit of information out of her campaign speeches.
    SurfingUSA: I agree with you on your assessment of Hillary Clinton here. Unfortunately, I agree with you.

Hillary Clinton (in my opinion) is a typical politician who strives to get ahead for the sake of herself. I agree with much of her opinions, but I am scared that she could simply change it based on some special interest lobbyer.

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    We need doers. I think Obama is a doer. He shouldn't hire dead weight.
    I agree. Obama is a 'doer'. This is the BIG difference between him and other politicians we have had over the years.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Unfortunately, I agree with you.

So much for all that needed change Obama was spewing while running for president. Did people already forget how he complained about the same old political stances in Washington? Yet he goes out and raids Billy's administration to fill his staff. Yeah that's change! Now the carpet bagger from NY, another 'same old political cretin', might become part of his staff? What about that change crap now? What a joke! Doesn't matter what party is in control. Doesn't matter how much they spew change. They are all the same, folks. Garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO View Post
    So much for all that needed change Obama was spewing while running for president. Did people already forget how he complained about the same old political stances in Washington? Yet he goes out and raids Billy's administration to fill his staff. Yeah that's change! Now the carpet bagger from NY, another 'same old political cretin', might become part of his staff? What about that change crap now? What a joke! Doesn't matter what party is in control. Doesn't matter how much they spew change. They are all the same, folks. Garbage!

Forget about Hillary. How about Rahm Emanuel?
    * worked for Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley
    * Sat on the board of Freddie Mac
    * Sent a dead fish to a pollster he didnt like

Thats some big change, eh?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Forget about Hillary. How about Rahm Emanuel?
    * worked for Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley
    * Sat on the board of Freddie Mac
    * Sent a dead fish to a pollster he didnt like

Thats some big change, eh?
    yeah it is, Bush and Clinton just used the Media to blow down any opponent, He'll use the CIA, FBI, and his new civil army to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    That's some big change, eh?
    Well we still have Hope.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Thread Information