Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 29 School Districts WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Are you suggesting that people in WNY like their kingdoms? That people do not want things to change?

Maybe you should have taken 5 minutes to think about the logistics about merging 29 school districts....the countless laws, special interest groups and unions that would fight and prevent any such change...the political powers that would fight the shrinkage of power that comes along with change...before you slam people as not willing to give up their kingdoms..

It is simple to compare Buffalo to Charlotte when you do no actual comparison to the underlying factors that separate WNY and Charlotte.
    And then...there's all this. As much as one might like to think that resistance would be solely based on a single community wanting the best for its own students....the whole power play thing does come into play too.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

What the hell are you talking about? Are you suggesting that people in WNY like their kingdoms? That people do not want things to change?

Maybe you should have taken 5 minutes to think about the logistics about merging 29 school districts....the countless laws, special interest groups and unions that would fight and prevent any such change...the political powers that would fight the shrinkage of power that comes along with change...before you slam people as not willing to give up their kingdoms..

It is simple to compare Buffalo to Charlotte when you do no actual comparison to the underlying factors that separate WNY and Charlotte.
    Blah blah blah. If the people wanted it it would happen.
    Americans don't solve social problems...they just move away from them

Quote Originally Posted by leets View Post

Sure thing guy. Shouldn't you be writing some blow job post on BRO bashing the burbs for the downfall of Buffalo.....

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    My argument isn't whether it's "cost effective." My argument is that they should have the right, under basic auspices, to set up their own institution if they so choose.

Their rights to set up their own institutions stop where my rights to choose how to spend my money start .......without redundancy.

For example I can choose to deliver duplicative services to you under multiple providers and you must pay for each.

my opinion.

Well if he is referring to the above,, he is right,,,they are not willing to give up their kingdoms,, for the common folk have no such kingdoms.

You would have to undo,, decades of brainwashing first.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Well if he is referring to the above,, he is right,,,they are not willing to give up their kingdoms,, for the common folk have no such kingdoms.

That is not who he was referring to. He was referring to the selfish suburbanites in WNY who do not have their life revolve around the City of Buffalo. Steel/Leets is about as one dimensional as they come.

That is not who he was referring to. He was referring to the selfish suburbanites in WNY who do not have their life revolve around the City of Buffalo. Steel/Leets is about as one dimensional as they come.
    Erie County has 29 times the number of school boards as Charlotte. Why does eliminating wasteful beaurocracy equate to having your life revolve around Buffalo. Where in any post did I say anything about selfish suburbanites? Where did I say anything about the suburbs at all?

By the Way. The Indianapolis metro area only has 11 school boards. That metro has about 600,000 more people that the Buffalo area. It is also a growing metro. Do you see a trend here.

Oh and Niagara County adds another 10 (that would be equivalent to 45 in Erie County) school districts for a grand total of 39 for the metro

39 School districts!

The three largest counties of Atlanta's sprawling metro have over 2.3 million people. They have 5 school districts. Atlanta metro was smaller than Buffalo in 1950. Today it is about 5 times larger and growing.

I wonder why that is.

Buffalo 45 districts for 1.2M
    Atlanta 5 districts for 2.3 Million

WNY has 116 districts for 1.5 Million people

Understand, I'm not against consolidation per se. I'm against FORCING people into consolidation.

Atlanta and Charlotte were built up during a time when it was practical to bind together different geographical areas. When many of the WNY school systems were formed, it was difficult if not impossible to send your children 15 miles away to a school...and banding together even in an administrative manner made no sense because you had no other practical relationship with those other communities. If Atlanta and Charlotte already had these myriad school districts, you can bet your left nad that the locales wouldn't be giving them up so easily.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

The county Cleveland is in has 9 school districts.

If the people of WNY want to support a failed and wasteful system of government they should stop complaining about high taxes.

The county Cleveland is in has 9 school districts.

If the people of WNY want to support a failed and wasteful system of government they should stop complaining about high taxes.
    NY people love to pay taxes becuase 50% of em work for the Gubment and thats payroll no shame my friend.They would rather steal from you then earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    NY people love to pay taxes becuase 50% of em work for the Gubment and thats payroll no shame my friend.They would rather steal from you then earn it.
    Wait till they have you over a barrel to make up for their generous pension plan losses....That my friend is the biggest crock of crap!

Erie County has 29 times the number of school boards as Charlotte. Why does eliminating wasteful beaurocracy equate to having your life revolve around Buffalo. Where in any post did I say anything about selfish suburbanites? Where did I say anything about the suburbs at all?

By the Way. The Indianapolis metro area only has 11 school boards. That metro has about 600,000 more people that the Buffalo area. It is also a growing metro. Do you see a trend here.

Wny and NY is screwed mostly because it continues to be inefficient on all levels. Show me a government based economy that is self sustaining. Most people that live here have not woken up, apathetic or are beneficiaries in some way from the government.

Louisville where I worked at one time seems to have gotten the message as well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information