Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: warm weather equals RADAR TRAP

warm weather equals RADAR TRAP

ever notice how police go blind during bad weather. rainy or snowy 85 is ok, sunny 58 can be trouble. sun comes out and the 219 is loaded with troupers ,in rainy weather I slow down near donut shops thats where the radar will be when it rains, sunny days they all have their favorite places to hide. escaped the one one on bayveiw yesterday .chestnut ridge road trap I avoided and snuck by the one on route 240.then relaxed never exspected one on scherff road its just a back road with little traffic. cop was bored too and he gives me a ticket for 48 in a 40 zone. not even ten over what happen to the unwriten rule. It was nice of him to let me off with out a ticket for my seat belt but a license plate bulb does not need a ticket. tried to get me on a breath test but I have not had a drink in years. I think that is what got him mad they get in the local paper when they get someone for a DWI ,WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE SPEED TRAP
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Re: warm weather equals RADAR TRAP

Originally posted by granpabob
    cop was bored too and he gives me a ticket for 48 in a 40 zone. not even ten over what happen to the unwriten rule.

I think the "unwritten rule" is <5mph over the speed limit

Getting a speeding ticket is simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The place I seem to always see a trooper is on Wehrle Dr. between Ransom and Gunnville roads. Somewhere in that area is a little dirt driveway on the south side of the road that they can tuck themselves back into.

My favorite place to speed is anywhere a John Q. Law has someone pulled over already. Most people slow down, I'm like, "are you kidding....that guys occupied...time for mach 1." *vapor trail*
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Not less than one hour ago, I got ANOTHER (get these almost every other day) phone call from the Sherrif's Dept. The number on the caller id always says "out of area". They keep pushing for contributions, saying, if I give this much, I get this, if I give that, (more) I get this.

Stickers for my windshield? Cards for my wallet, that "even" have a special number on it, that I can call in case I see a "drunk driver" ?

Does that mean I get "special privledges" with the Sherrif's Dept.? He almost seems to insinuate I "must" get these stickers or wallet cards to get good services.

It borders almost to "imtimidation" the way he comes on. This should not be allowed by a "state mandated" and funded police service. They get paid good wages, (many above six figures), good pensions, good health coverage, good benefits, yet "their" allowed to make "telemarketing calls" to raise more money for themselves?

Originally posted by avet
    Not less than one hour ago, I got ANOTHER (get these almost every other day) phone call from the Sherrif's Dept. The number on the caller id always says "out of area". They keep pushing for contributions, saying, if I give this much, I get this, if I give that, (more) I get this.

I can't talk to these guys, once I let them start their spiel, i start squirming. I now say that we have a "no telephone solicitating policy" in our house and invite ask if he can "mail me something;" if he can't, well then, I just hang up.

got me again

this time I saw the trouper way ahead of time in the meridian how he saw my seat belt unbuckled as I drove by is beyond me. 55 miles per hour on the 219 and he can see my seat belt sure wish I had eyesight that good. oh well another trip to town court its not like I dont know the way
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: got me again

this time I saw the trouper way ahead of time in the meridian how he saw my seat belt unbuckled as I drove by is beyond me. 55 miles per hour on the 219 and he can see my seat belt sure wish I had eyesight that good. oh well another trip to town court its not like I dont know the way
    Was it unbuckled?

moonshine
    Geez grandpabob! Remind me to never ride with you!

Didn't you unbuckle your seatbelt as the ociffer was approaching? That one has worked for me before

Re: warm weather equals RADAR TRAP

ever notice how police go blind during bad weather. rainy or snowy 85 is ok, sunny 58 can be trouble. sun comes out and the 219 is loaded with troupers ,in rainy weather I slow down near donut shops thats where the radar will be when it rains, sunny days they all have their favorite places to hide. escaped the one one on bayveiw yesterday .chestnut ridge road trap I avoided and snuck by the one on route 240.then relaxed never exspected one on scherff road its just a back road with little traffic. cop was bored too and he gives me a ticket for 48 in a 40 zone. not even ten over what happen to the unwriten rule. It was nice of him to let me off with out a ticket for my seat belt but a license plate bulb does not need a ticket. tried to get me on a breath test but I have not had a drink in years. I think that is what got him mad they get in the local paper when they get someone for a DWI ,WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE SPEED TRAP
    Yes, There is research that shows during the winter months most of us spend most of our time in our homes 7 months out of the year. Once spring brakes open we tend to go a little crazy due to our horbornization. Therefore, driving like million of crazy bees isn't unusally and police knows its a good way to gain more needed income through issuing speeding tickets another way to gain income for the towns...after the peak months of May and June things tend to drop off to a more steady enjoyment of the summer months.....teenagers who seep is a different story...
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

found out why they kept stopping me.

Grandsons practical joke he put a bumper sticker on my car that said" "bad cop no donut for you" Luckily todays trouper had a sense of humor. Everything on the car was ok today this trouper saw me get cut off by another driver. they caught the guy and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges. That got me I didnt know it was Illeagal to be an idiot. seems they are cracking down on road rage again they thought the guy cut me off on purpose hated to tell him I wasn't mad. it happens all the time when you drive the speed limit. and yes I wasn't wearing my seat belt yesterday, hard to claim I was when the darn thing was stuck under the back seat .bumper sticker is now off the car too, stopped three times in three days guess its time to avoid the 219 in the mourning

For what it's worth, I did take those pictures on the north bound 219 today at about 2pm. There were no less then 4 state trooper cars parked in that turn-a-round.

Higher taxes or moving violations...either way, that State is going to get its revenue fix.

wow looks like me in front of you

looks like my gray contour in front of you too I was on it today. NO TICKET THIS TIME

Smile Re: wow looks like me in front of you

looks like my gray contour in front of you too I was on it today.
    You oughtta lighten up on the brakes as you're passing the cop car

I found out today that they also like the turn-around on the 400 between Jamison and Maple Road exits.

Oh yeah, and they like to work in twos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information