Thread: Let's lay out the issues

Let's lay out the issues

What are the issues that folks in the 11th District want discussed?

The incumbent voted for every sales tax increase this year.

She participated in secret meetings later declared illegal by a judge.

Not being ashamed of this, she was the organizer of further secret meetings with NYS legislators.

But this doesn't have to be just anti-incumbent (although accountability demands a ruthless examination of her record).

Are there other issues that should be aired?

Some other issues

A few other issues I can think of are:

-A reduction in the size of the Legislature. As we have seen in Buffalo's Common Council, reduction can be a good thing. We can start by eliminating the village of Kenmore, govt, police and other services and merge them with the city. This in turn would also eliminate the need for Charles Swanick.

-Abolishment of the $150,000 yearly stipend affored each legislator to spend whatever way they see fit. In these lean times this kind of luxury cannot be justified, by any means.

-Begin serious discussions on merging districts essential services with that of bordering communities....ie. Buffalo, Amherst, North Tonawanda. While i realize this is an explosive issue, the taxpayer demands for quality services at a reduced cost override any "turf fighting".

-The I290 bypass is a shambles. The road is uneven in several spots, the resurfacing job they started on the eastbound side last year is nothing more than a bandaid which will have a useful lifespan of no more than 3-4 winters. After that, we're back to square one. Additionally, and in my opinion a very important issue is that this expressway in not illuminated at all. There needs to be lighting on this road from the mainline to the I190(which is well lit). Ever try driving this road at night, especially in inclement weather??? There is a definite vision problem and as a result a serious safety issue.

A few issues I have pondered............
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB:

I thought that the Legislators' slush funds had been eliminated in the March 3 budget. But then, everyone thought the Legislature staff had had their salaries reduced.

As to the I-290, I don't see how the Legislature can affect this. Any more information would be appreciated.

As to merging essential services, you're right; that's "explosive" and I don't want to blow up just yet.

I've been a Lynn "supporter" for many years, but I think that's it time for her to go.

Believe that I saw a quote from her in the "snooze" that even her mother told her to vote "no" on the sales tax issue but she still decided to vote for the increase.

She is just another "tax & spend" politician and her time has run out; just like the photo she uses in her mailings, she is not the same "cute" person that she used to be and she should face the fact that it is "over"!!!

I really think that Lynn should decide not to run for re-election and let a new person take over this district as representative.

Primary Challenge has put up a candidate of whom I know nothing about; who will the republicans put up; most likely another "inside family member" like they did last time.

Both political parties don't get "it", we, the taxpayers, want "representation"; NO RUBBER STAMPS WILL DO"!!!
    "What the hell is going on?"

Biker,

Why don't you run in this district? Got to start somewhere, right?

You can campaign as an one who's independent of the "status quo" politics. You'd probably stand a better chance of getting to the heart of the voters.

Dougust:

Don't get your hopes up.

Our PC candidate has been sacked, just one working day after the Rally announcements.

At the rally, I spoke with him briefly. He had no sign up sheet, no contact information and said it was "too early" to hold an organizational meeting.

But too late for him---seems he doesn't live in the District. Over on the "PrimaryChallenge" threads, Roberto announced that the guy had been dumped.

I think that this was the year Lynn could be ousted, but not with junk like this running against her.

I hear a big "Phew" coming from her District Office.

Originally posted by Night Owl
    Biker,

Why don't you run in this district? Got to start somewhere, right?

You can campaign as an one who's independent of the "status quo" politics. You'd probably stand a better chance of getting to the heart of the voters.
    I'd rather be the junk yard dog than the eminent statesman-candidate.

Best that I can say is "good grief, Charlie Brown"!!

Is PC a "hoax"?????

No homework done??

I wonder???

See below, I repeat, : "What the hell is going on?"

I don't know how to do the fancy links within a reply, but you can see Leonard's mea culpa on this at the PrimaryChallenge forum, "thank you" thread.

Here you go, biker. How's this?

All:
    You are right the candidates should be making every effort to respond to their constituents. PC has posted the names of our candidates on our website and will be providing a page for each candidate in the next few days.

As for our misplaced candidate, I believe it is true. He does not reside in the district and has been removed from our list of candidates. The very first question in our interview was which district you live in and I had them confirm that they were in the district. This is embarrassing but the truth is we screwed up. Lets be men about it and admit it. Aren't you sick of people spinning mistakes. Lets pick up the pieces and keep moving. Enough of the if you can't be 100% right you should get out of the game. Listen, the people that are screwing up our state would love us to just go away. Well we are not going away and if I make a few more mistakes in the future it will only prove I am human, just like the rest of you.

Please don't take this wrong, I am not upset at anyone on this list. I appreciate your keeping my feet to the fire, and I'm big enough to take the criticism, but lets make sure our intentions are to help make a difference not just criticise to criticise. Anyone that wants to get in touch with me and give advise can call me at 716-207-7138 since I just don't have the time to reply as often as I would like. I mean it, call me and if it will make you feel better to just ream me out do it. And then lets get back into the fight.

Leonard
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forum/show...3328#post33328

Thank you Nightowl.

Hear, hear!!

Okay, a mistake was made; let's get on with it!!

These a$$holes still have to go.

I have but one vote, I think that's it is only one, but I'll make it count!!!

You're welcome biker.

Thread Information