Thread: Dear Night Owl

Dear Night Owl

Dear Night Owl, Thank You for steering us to higher ground.
    Honestly, I need to get pc's full support before I can do anything as right now my hands are obviously tied.

Night Owl, I will start with the issue closest to my heart. I truly
    believe that our main problem is that our current system protects
    a private club of career politicians and political hacks. Thus if one is a liberal's liberal or a conservative conservative or anywhere in between. Unless you happen to be part of this entrenched class you are frozen out. Therefore, I want to bring new blood and new ideas to the table.

I will not raise taxes in any form. I believe we have no choice but to live within our means.

Night Owl, we are a University Town, and I believe we have at
    least 12 institutions of higher learning in our area. I think this is an untapped resource in helping us come to terms with our myriad of problems. I think that a panel of representatives of the
    respective dept's of economics should be brought together to help
    us tackle our budgetary woes. If given the opportunity I will try to bring them together.

I also believe much can be accomplished by an expanded roll of
    volunteerism and internship and these same institutions of higher
    learning are an untapped talent source.

I have a zero tolerance policy on pork and patronage.

I believe that law enforcement should be one of our top priorities
    and as many Sheriff Deputies should be restored as possible.

I believe in medicaid reform but not scapegoating the poor and sick for all our woes. Thus, I believe in a form of compassionate reform such as advocating generic meds where availabe and
    instituting a transportation check for routine medical visits. Thus
    insuring that tax payers only pay for medicaid transportation costs
    as a last resort.

I believe it is essential that we cut the stranglehold of political bosses over county government. So people are hired and promoted through merit not through their political connections.

Night Owl, I believe we need to reduce unnecessary govt intrusion into our daily lives. We need to eliminate excessive
    fees such as parking and license fees where they are not necessary other than for generating income.

Night Owl, I thank you so much for granting me this opportunity to share a few of my views.

Tom

Dear Tom Troy,

Thank you for replying to my reply. Have you contacted Leonard Roberto to see what’s going on? I think you can get a detailed map of the districts from the board of elections so that you can see for sure where the boundaries are. It would be a shame to lose a candidate on a technicality of being a street or two away from the district line.

My best advice is to get this resolved as soon as possible so that you, as well as the public can move on and prepare for a running campaign.

You have some really good talking points: Medicaid reform, career politicians and political hacks, not raising taxes, a zero tolerance policy on pork and patronage, eliminate excessive fees … these are things the people want to hear about in a running campaign, and this isn’t even my district.

You know you have entered into a shark tank and it’s good that you keep replying in the forums. Shows you are not one to back down easily. Just don’t be so… what’s the word… impetuous in your posts/speaking This may just be a message board forum, but members still read into how people present themselves.

Night Owl

Thank You very much Night Owl. Whether I am a candidate or not is truly out of my hands at this juncture. I have now secured a district map. If pc wants me, I will be there and do the very best I can. I truly appreciate your advice Night Owl. My intent was to defend myself but not offend anyone. I will take your advice and work on being more polished in the future.

Thanks Again,

Tom

Originally posted by Night Owl
    Dear Tom Troy,

You know you have entered into a shark tank and it’s good that you keep replying in the forums. Shows you are not one to back down easily. Just don’t be so… what’s the word… impetuous in your posts/speaking This may just be a message board forum, but members still read into how people present themselves.

Night Owl
    Very good advice for a would-be politician - Don't bite the hand that might cast a ballot for you!!

Go, man, go; Lynn has got to go.

After reading the "heat" that has been directed towards you, if it was me, I would have replied "screw you", I'm out of here.

But you haven't. If PC will not reconsider, I hope that you will not give up the fight.

You sound like the right person at the right time for this district; just keep watching the "Capital One" ads, the answer is always "no"; just apply that answer to increased taxes, fees and whatever those "life-long" politicians advocate.

Good luck!!
    "What the hell is going on?"

I will take your advice and work on being more polished in the future.

You got it, dude! C

Thread Information