Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Send Naples Packing

Spitzer is going to make news in N.Y.C. on the "big" issues, Erie County doesn't amount to a hill of beans in his quest to become governor of this state, he'll carry the city of Buffalo because he's a Dem and loose "eerie" County for the same reason, but as a county, we don't have enough votes to offset the New York City mentality.

I believe he is a fraud; hang on to your wallets when he is elected; yep Patacki has to go "cause in ain't no Republican", but who is in this state?

As long as Bruno & Silver head the legislature, it doesn't matter who is governor.
    "What the hell is going on?"

If it's your business, John, you can pay a lot more if you want piece of mind.

In the public sector, I guess the specs are everything, if that low bid stuff is going to work. Including penalties and sanctions for non-performance.

I use this for work on my house. I put in a bonus if they finsih ahead of time and daily penalties if they're late. Doesn't always work: one guy returned my down payment. But it generally does.

So if tomorrow if Mr. Giambra says that he "trusts" his people to deliver overpriced furniture, we should take his word too, right? I mean, having a good working relationship is all that matters, correct? So what if it ends up costing EC taxpayers an additional $500K?

Hack:

I hope my point comes across that I do not think "trust" is a good reason for not accepting the low bid.

biker, sorry, that wasn't meant in response to your post.

I think I was responding to mags, who quoted Illuzzi, as well as pointing out the problem behind fuzzy criteria like "trust" and "comfort".

I was a supporter of Naples before she got in the ring with Higgins, where I had to make a tough choice and went with Higgins. But at the local level, I used to think that Naples was doing a decent job; however, the budget mess destroyed that image, and now this sweet deal with Mr. Atanasio is just the icing on the cake.

How's that go again? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me?

Hack:

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that too. About ten years ago, one Common Council member after another was caught not paying his taxes. To a man, they all blamed their wives. It was a joke. So, I can't just blow off the same thing for Nancy.

And this last may be the icing. Whoever said "holier than thou" was right.

Higgins is a tax and spend lib/dem who is joined at the hip with all unions. And the last is no slam to him; it's a point of pride. I would vote for Nancy today rather than him. My opinion.

As to Illuzi, you mean Mr. "albeit, et al, ergo" himself? He's the "Fractured Flickers" of political commentarty. (You may be too young to know what that was.) But anybody who expects objective journalism from a bozo who gets his daily bread by accepting ads from the morons he's reporting on is an even bigger moron.

Which I ain't.

Even tho I sometimes sound like I am.

Originally posted by WestSideJohn
    I understand the concept of wanting to work with vendors you're comfortable with and trust. When I bid out an important printing job, if the bids are close I often choose the printer I'm familiar with, even if their bid comes in slightly higher. That's the premium I pay for peace of mind on the project.

But you are not doing it with some one elses (taxpayer's) money.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by biker
    Hack:

Higgins is a tax and spend lib/dem who is joined at the hip with all unions. And the last is no slam to him; it's a point of pride. I would vote for Nancy today rather than him. My opinion.

Naples is a conservative republican who is joined at the hip with pro corporate politicians like Tom Reynolds. Not only that it is coming out that she is liberal too. She is liberal spreading your tax dollars to her friends and supporters. Your taxes, the ones you pay and she forgets to.
    I haven't seen that with Higgins have you?
    I would never vote for Naples for anything, today or any day.
    My opinion.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

But you are not doing it with some one elses (taxpayer's) money.
    You're absolutely right. What I was trying to say is that I understand the idea of balancing a higher price against a higher value. Sometimes paying that extra premium will be worth it because you're getting more.

But a difference of $500,000 for identical services just because you're "comfortable" with the vendor is indefensible.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Boy the Erie County thread died....now is the time to re-propose that tax hike!

Naples Agrees to Answer Questions About Bond Underwriter

Erie County Comptroller Nancy Naples has agreed to answer questions from Erie County lawmakers about how she chooses bond underwriters for county debt.

Naples has come under fire recently by critics who want to know why she's given 80 percent of the county's business to one politically-connected underwriter.

Naples has invited lawmakers to come to her office for answers on Wednesday, April 13.

URL: http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=3196382

Originally posted by citymouse

I would never vote for Naples for anything, today or any day.
    My opinion.
    The hard thing is, they're all politicians. Which means they're happy to take your money and give it to their friends. They just have different sets of friends.

When do we ever get to vote for the guy or gal who says they just want to make it smaller?

Naples has invited lawmakers to come to her office for answers on Wednesday, April 13.

Imagine the scene: George Holt shows up.
    "Nancy, how come you didn't give some business to my son's company, the All-Pro Basketball, er, I mean, Brokerage?"

WIVB is reporting that Naples' appearance at the Legislature ended up with insults and name-calling. What's the scoop on that? Any first-hand accounts?

The meeting almost didn't happen at first. It had been set up on Wednesday. Naples showed up on time, but there were no Legislators. They were the ones who'd requested the session.

She waited 25 minutes and then left. She told the press (who were on time) that the meeting time and place had been confirmed in writing and verbally. Some Legislators wandered in about five minutes later. She came back about an hour later.

At one point, she refused to answer DeBenedettis questions until he apologized for calling her a son of a bitch.

So they haven't learned anything. After six months of going through political hell, they still treat each other like crap.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information