Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what needs to happen across the country this month.

This is what needs to happen across the country this month.

People are pissed.
    Democratic Rep. Lloyd Doggett bailing on a town-hall type question-and-answer in his Austin district as concerned citizens chanted "just say no" to the Democrats' healthcare plans.
    The embarrassed and imperiled Blue Dog then issued a statement loaded with liberal strawmen:

"This mob, sent by the local Republican and Libertarian parties, did not come just to be heard, but to deny others the right to be heard. And this appears to be part of a coordinated, nationwide effort. What could be more appropriate for the “party of no” than having its stalwarts drowning out the voices of their neighbors by screaming “just say no!” Their fanatical insistence on repealing Social Security and Medicare is not just about halting health care reform but rolling back 75 years of progress. I am more committed than ever to win approval of legislation to offer more individual choice to access affordable health care. An effective public plan is essential to achieve that goal."

Arlen Specter Gets An Earful On Health Care.

I'm so in Like with Megyn Kelly
    Old Arlens taken to Libtardness like a Duck to water.
    Last edited by ILOVEDNY; August 3rd, 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Long GuyyyyyLand

I think Tim Bishop better get those resumes circulating.

Funny how Libs are now touting the VA as the standard.
    Most Vets tell me they have to jump thru hoops to get treatment.
    Last edited by ILOVEDNY; August 3rd, 2009 at 06:26 PM.

Big Dick Durbin weighs in. Must be a conspiracy.

I mean it can't just be fed up citizens.
    http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009...-sucker-punch/
    Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) warned other members of Congress against antagonistic audience members at healthcare town hall events who may be funded by industry interest groups.

"I hope my colleagues won't fall for a sucker punch like this," Durbin told the liberal blog ThinkProgress.

"These health insurance companies and people like them are trying to load these town meetings for visual impact on television," he added.

Liberal news sources have recently featured items about conservative and interest groups efforts to pack lawmakers' town hall meetings with brash, vocal participants.

Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius were faced with a hostile crowd at a town hall meeting in Philadelphia on Sunday.

So the fact that most people dont want this healthcare plan funded by the governemtn does mean anything? Next they will start calling those who protest at these 'meetings' right wing wack jobs. Then from there they will be called unamerican and possibly even 'terrorists'

All be cause we americans are sick and tired of our elected officials doing whatever they want that will line THEIR pockets while screwing us over.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    I mean it can't just be fed up citizens.
    http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009...-sucker-punch/
    Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) warned other members of Congress against antagonistic audience members at healthcare town hall events who may be funded by industry interest groups.

"I hope my colleagues won't fall for a sucker punch like this," Durbin told the liberal blog ThinkProgress.

"These health insurance companies and people like them are trying to load these town meetings for visual impact on television," he added.

Liberal news sources have recently featured items about conservative and interest groups efforts to pack lawmakers' town hall meetings with brash, vocal participants.

Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius were faced with a hostile crowd at a town hall meeting in Philadelphia on Sunday.
    Unfortunately the porkulus package happened without public support.
    I have a feeling they will pass this too without a quorum of public support.

The days of the government serving us are over.

I guess one could say they know best.....just like Stalin

this is a VERY dangerous road we are on. When our govt blatantly doesnt do as the people want. This will only lead to one thing: a dictatorship.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    this is a VERY dangerous road we are on. When our govt blatantly doesnt do as the people want. This will only lead to one thing: a dictatorship.
    The people are starting to push back FMD.
    Poll numbers are tanking.
    People who normally would never get off the couch are showing up at townhall meetings.

We can change the coarse we're on.
    We the friggin people.

I know that quite a few people on SUWNY have gotten more involved.

So it's time to get out the oaktag and the magic markers FMD.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    This is the USA... it doesn't lead to dictatorship. It might almost lead to dictatorship but it won't happen.

Tampa Florida's "Paid" protestors

Pelosi plays "Nazi" card

Desperation to the umpteenth degree.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...swastikas.html

Desperation to the umpteenth degree.
    No doubt about it.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Here come the Brownshirts

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/25891.html

Top White House aides gave Senate Democrats a recess battle plan on Thursday, arming the lawmakers with tips for avoiding disastrous town hall meetings while showing them polling on popular aspects of the reform effort…

They showed video clips of the confrontational town halls that have dominated the media coverage, and told senators to do more prep work than usual for their public meetings by making sure their own supporters turn out, senators and aides said.

And they screened TV ads and reviewed the various campaigns by critics of the Democratic plan.

“If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard,” Messina said, according to an official who attended the meeting…
    “They are just helping us understand the fringe that is trying to mess up our meetings,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).

So what do they do?
    Bring in the union thugs.
    http://patterico.com/2009/08/06/angr...-hall-meeting/
    Angry Mob of Racist Extremists Beats Black Man at Town Hall Meeting.

I guess the Democrats were right after all. At a town meeting held by a Democrat congressman, a rowdy group of organized and angry thugs showed up to make a point about ObamaCare, and then beat up a man. Race was involved, too: the victim was black — attacked by a man yelling racial slurs.

It’s every Democrat talking point you’ve read about in the last day or two, come to life in an ugly fashion.

With one twist. The black victim was a conservative, and the assailants may well have been union thugs:

Kenneth Gladney, a 38-year-old conservative activist from St. Louis, said he was attacked by some of those arrested as he handed out yellow flags with “Don’t tread on me” printed on them. He spoke to the Post-Dispatch from the emergency room of the St. John’s Mercy Medical Center, where he said he was waiting to be treated for injuries to his knee, back, elbow, shoulder and face that he suffered in the attack. Gladney, who is black, said one of his attackers, also a black man, used a racial slur against him before the attack started.

“It just seems there’s no freedom of speech without being attacked,” he said.

Not when you have angry mobs of left-wing extremists around . . .

Not when you have angry mobs of left-wing extremists around . . .
    It's called a grassroots peaceful display of democracy!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information