Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok Union Boys Justify extortion

Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Actually I don't believe that is the case. As someone who has participated in a representational election, they cost money.
    When did any union organizer or union member ever worry about cost?
    The new union dues they will collect if they are certified will cover the costs
    of the secret ballot.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    When did any union organizer or union member ever worry about cost?
    The new union dues they will collect if they are certified will cover the costs
    of the secret ballot.
    That is only if you WIN!!

b.b.

Cost of a paper ballot

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    That is only if you WIN!!

b.b.
    Just how much can a paper ballot election cost?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat My Gun View Post
    I gotta disagree with you on this.

If signing a card isn't an issue, why not leave the law as is, where only 30% must sign to authorize a secret ballot administered by an IMPARTIAL third party, namely the NLRB?
    Because in that process, "ripe for abuse" - on the part of management - is a well substantiated and documented occurrence. Not that I blame them, as it is in their interest - sorta.
    If management is able to ward off organization by exerting pressure against the authorization of a secret ballot, how does the EFCA prevent them from exerting pressure against the signing of a unionization card?
    It eliminates the mandatory two months (I think that is what the time period is) between the authorization of a vote and the actual vote. Time spent by management to use some unscrupulous and, frankly, illegal tactics to get workers to vote against organization. With EFCA, all you gotta do is sign a card.
    The provision for binding arbitration within 120 days is problematic for me as well. The timeline alone is way too short when you take into account the complexity of the negotiations process, especially when it's the first time both sides come to the table.
    I'm with you here. Binding arbitration, especially with such a short time period, is making mud, needlessly. Once, or if, the negotiations grind themselves down, we have a court system to work these things out with. Leaving it up to a single referee (or arbiter) seems to sidestep the more thorough path of due process, which should be open to any party involved in the matter.
    I believe the secret ballot is the best protection against coercion by both the employer and the union.
    But it doesn't work, it hasn't worked and probably will never work in our modern economic society.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke View Post
    Because in that process, "ripe for abuse" - on the part of management - is a well substantiated and documented occurrence. Not that I blame them, as it is in their interest - sorta.
    You love blaming this on managment not the union bosses, i'm guessing you've never been in a management position???

I wish i could be on the board of the UAW:
    Gettelfingers salary is $144,733.47. Secretary-Treasurer makes $133,891.32, Vice Presidents of the union make $129,656.09, and Union Board Members make $118,813.90.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    You love blaming this on managment not the union bosses, i'm guessing you've never been in a management position???
    Your guess is wrong.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

I wish i could be on the board of the UAW:
    Gettelfingers salary is $144,733.47. Secretary-Treasurer makes $133,891.32, Vice Presidents of the union make $129,656.09, and Union Board Members make $118,813.90.
    Do you work for free? How much do you make a year?

Do you work for free? How much do you make a year?

Enough, but not that much. But i actually produce a service, i'm not a MOOCH off of the middle class like these OVERPAID union reps are! As i've said before, i have no problem with the workers, it's the WASTE on the fools like Gettelfingers that casue union costs to rise!

Enough, but not that much. But i actually produce a service, i'm not a MOOCH off of the middle class like these OVERPAID union reps are! As i've said before, i have no problem with the workers, it's the WASTE on the fools like Gettelfingers that casue union costs to rise!
    You really have no clue who you're mad at. I'm going to assume you do not belong to a bargaining unit affiliated with Gettelfinger's union, so why do you give a [poop] what he is being paid? Obviously, the people he represents think he is worth it.

Like I said, how much do you make? You're willing to exploit some union boss's salary without giving a comparison. Again, why do you even care? Are you contributing to his salary?

What about the captains of finance who made billions skull[screwing] your - now worthless - 401k or IRA?
    Last edited by raoul duke; March 10th, 2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: punctuation

National unions are multi million dollar organizations. Running one is as much a challenge as running any administrative organization. They are very much akin to legal firms, organizing, lobbying and defending employee interests.

And like legal firms, charities or foundations, they don't necessarily "produce" a product which in your eyes apparently, have value.

b.b.

You really have no clue who you're mad at. I'm going to assume you do not belong to a bargaining unit affiliated with Gettelfinger's union, so why do you give a [poop] what he is being paid? Obviously, the people he represents think he is worth it.

Like I said, how much do you make? You're willing to exploit some union boss's salary without giving a comparison. Again, why do you even care? Are you contributing to his salary?

What about the captains of finance who made billions skull[screwing] your - now worthless - 401k or IRA?
    Yes "we" are contriubting his pay, everytime you buy an "american" car you are paying for the 2 hours a week the UAW worker has to give up to pay for the UAW!! How could they be happy with him? They've lost 50% of their memebership in the last 15 years!

A UAW worker in a sense gives up 5% of his pay for his "organization", in turn they raise their pay to make up for this, which raises the cost for EVERYONE who buys an American car, patriots my ass!

Last year I personally was taxed on 52K, fortunatly a big chunck of my income is considered vendor gifts so i dont' have to pay taxes on them. Before you say it, no i'm not jealous of what anyother person makes. What pisses me off is that people UNION or none UNION are only out for themselves and not the common/american dream any more. At my job, we ALL gave up raises and decided to pay more for our healthcare instead of 100 people lossing their job, something NO UNION would EVER DO!!

Unregistered
    Last year I personally was taxed on 52K, fortunatly a big chunck of my income is considered vendor gifts so i dont' have to pay taxes on them.
    Since when, do you not have to pay taxes on "vendor gifts"? When I worked in a field where I received them, each and every vendor sent me 1099-forms for said gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Since when, do you not have to pay taxes on "vendor gifts"? When I worked in a field where I received them, each and every vendor sent me 1099-forms for said gifts.
    Theirs alot you don't have to claim, like tickets to a game, lunches they provide and others. If they game me $100 in cash, YES i would have to claim that!

This actually still doesnt get to the root of the problem.

All this pissing and moaning and bitching over unions doesnt get to the root of the problem.

The root problem with the cost of an american car has nothing to do with how much bob makes putting lug nuts on a car....

Nor does it really have to do with gettlefingers salary.

It has to do, with the COST of HEALTHCARE.

Healthcare in this country is the MOST expensive of any other country on the planet. And yet we arnt even coles to being number one for the QUALITY of care we recieve.

Until the costs associated with healthcare are addressed, these arguements are pointless.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Yes "we" are contriubting his pay, everytime you buy an "american" car you are paying for the 2 hours a week the UAW worker has to give up to pay for the UAW!! How could they be happy with him? They've lost 50% of their memebership in the last 15 years!

A UAW worker in a sense gives up 5% of his pay for his "organization", in turn they raise their pay to make up for this, which raises the cost for EVERYONE who buys an American car, patriots my ass!

Last year I personally was taxed on 52K, fortunatly a big chunck of my income is considered vendor gifts so i dont' have to pay taxes on them. Before you say it, no i'm not jealous of what anyother person makes. What pisses me off is that people UNION or none UNION are only out for themselves and not the common/american dream any more. At my job, we ALL gave up raises and decided to pay more for our healthcare instead of 100 people lossing their job, something NO UNION would EVER DO!!
    You really are dumb. Sadly, there is an argument to be made somewhat on your behalf. But you wouldn't know it if it bit you in the ass, humped your leg and/or burned your house down.

But whatevs. Toe teh talking point line and enjoy the whole 'gettin poor' experience, if you aren't already there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information