but went fishing there this morning and it
    appeared to be in shambles

who is in charge of the park

Quote Originally Posted by reformthi$ View Post
    i don't know who is in charge of the park
    but went fishing there this morning and it
    appeared to be in shambles

who is in charge of the park
    Good question. I was at Westwood Saturday. It was the opening of the Little League Baseball season. The grass wasn't cut and there were millions of dandelions. It appeared very shabby.

I can remember a year or two ago, there was a thread here complaining about how the Lancaster Rural Cemetery (which is run by the Town) had its grass cut too close, and that it was a waste of taxpayer money to groom the property so well.

It's a fine line - cut the grass too often, and you get complaints. Don't cut it enough - and you get complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    I can remember a year or two ago, there was a thread here complaining about how the Lancaster Rural Cemetery (which is run by the Town) had its grass cut too close, and that it was a waste of taxpayer money to groom the property so well.

It's a fine line - cut the grass too often, and you get complaints. Don't cut it enough - and you get complaints.

westwood is paid for by txpayer $$
    garbage was everywhere
    the tree/flower beds full of weeds
    swingsets stone area full of weeds
    im paying for the park to look good

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by reformthi$ View Post
    westwood is paid for by txpayer $$
    garbage was everywhere
    the tree/flower beds full of weeds
    swingsets stone area full of weeds
    im paying for the park to look good
    You need to define how well you want it to look.

Let say you were the park czar of lancaster. How often would you want your crews to mow the park, do a basic pick up the liter from the liter bugs and follow ups for basic maintenance?

First off - I sort of doubt what Theo stated - maybe a little exaggerated - but yes the Town does pay money to the cemetery - I believe they have their own crew - do the parks folks cut the grass there??????

Any way - how can you expect the Parks to be maintained correctly when the Boss is a absentee supervisory figure?

Also theres a good number of the "Inner Circle" there that have "Second Fronts"(jobs) - some are landscapers - so I guess one has to look at personal priorities

How can one personal be so much to so many?????????????

But don't worry about the weeds - I heard some well connected employees also own a natural lawn chemical business - I'm sure they can get us a deal on insecticides and week control - all natural of course.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post

The Lancaster Rural Cemetery is not run by the town. The cemetery receives a $10,000 stipend from the town to help keep the cemetery in operation so that the town doesn't have to take it over - by state law.

A far as cutting it too short, that's not what was in play here. It was not cut at Westwood and it was the opening day of Little League. I have been at Westwood for the occasion for a number of years and have never seen it in a bad a shape for this occasion. Where you there?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You need to define how well you want it to look.

Let say you were the park czar of lancaster. How often would you want your crews to mow the park, do a basic pick up the liter from the liter bugs and follow ups for basic maintenance?
    so as an advid jogger, i took a run around the westwood park
    garbage everywhere

the beds are badly managed too
    i guess i would expect it to be cut weekly
    garbage picked up
    garbage cans not overflowing
    truck tracks on the grass area filled in from the winter stuff
    $ hit like that that i pay for
    so who is in charge of the park

For the park-contact Lancaster Parks and recreation. E-mail the complaints. I did on another town property(dog shelter) and they did come out and cleaned it up a bit. It appears they have to be told what todo vs doing what they are paid to do.

thanks got that email

I have to agree with you. I frequently walk in Westwood and notice that town vehicles trash the grass by driving on it. Just lazy since there is no reason to drive on the grass since there are paved roadways etc. People also park on the grass even though it is clearly stated not to do so on the park entrance sign. The Police would make on a lot of money if they started ticketing people. There is plenty of parking but people are too lazy to park and walk to their destination...

There is trash everywhere and it seems like the workers are too lazy to go pick everything up.

Overall, the once beautiful Westwood Park looks like crap.

I would encourage people to write letters to the town board regarding same.

I have to say with all the interest regarding the park, I went out to take a peek. WOW it is in rough shape. Therising your comment is strange because it sounds like you like things a bit dishoveled anyways.

The Cemetery you spoke about is privatized therefore it has no bearing on this particular topic.

What is deteriorating is the ashalt pavement on the pathway, there is a big hole in the ashalt, someone can hurt themselves. It is where the bridge is heading to the dead end of the walking path. What is also terrible looking is the swingset area. Weeds at least a foot high, kids are playing there come on parks people clean it up.

A bunch of the parks guys were out back behind the club house sitting on their 4 wheelers hanging out and smoking. How long is their break now?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I have to say with all the interest regarding the park, I went out to take a peek. WOW it is in rough shape. Therising your comment is strange because it sounds like you like things a bit dishoveled anyways.

The Cemetery you spoke about is privatized therefore it has no bearing on this particular topic.

What is deteriorating is the ashalt pavement on the pathway, there is a big hole in the ashalt, someone can hurt themselves. It is where the bridge is heading to the dead end of the walking path. What is also terrible looking is the swingset area. Weeds at least a foot high, kids are playing there come on parks people clean it up.

A bunch of the parks guys were out back behind the club house sitting on their 4 wheelers hanging out and smoking. How long is their break now?
    Why do we need "seasonal help"?
    If the Parks FT workers did their job, we would not need to hire PT help. I hope our new Supervisor is reading this post.

the seasonal help that parks/recreation is requesting
    is now up to what 40 employee's

i hope with these new helpers that they put them to good use
    read the on-line agenda/communications/reports and noticed
    a lot of help being requested by resolution

do they need that many people

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Why do we need "seasonal help"?
    If the Parks FT workers did their job, we would not need to hire PT help. I hope our new Supervisor is reading this post.
    how many employees are assigned to parks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information