Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The TS & His Town Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Surface Tension View Post
    Staff from the IT department are being transferred to Engineering. Whats' up with that??? I think one is the assistant department head. Apparently he is close to Bucki because she had a resolution to keep him at IT.

Do they have plans to outsource IT? Could that save money?

Do other departments out souce jobs? Does recreation have staff to keep everything"on ice"? Does the building, highway, buidling maintenance have staff to do electrical, plumbing, roofing, hivac, concrete, etc or do they hire outside?
    If you watch the TB meeting, it appears that the TE wants to bring in this consultant to train the IT employees to expand their knowledge (Yeah, right). It will be interesting to see how the union handles the MOU issue.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by forreason View Post
    I have heard that the TS and at least a majority of the TB were talked into moving the GIS (Government Information System) people in the IT Dept. down to Eng. Dept. to concentrate on the TS drainage study even though they are responsible for support of the Building, Planning & Assessors Office. Some want IT to be responsible for just that. As far as minor repairs, I believe the town has employees to do those repairs.
    The question I would ask is why we have another "consultant" on the drainage study when we have hired Wendel to do the study? And why is he a Mohan crony? And why wasn't delivering his data in a format readily usable to engineering staff, required in his contract? So now we need more consultants and training for a project that was supposed to be completed "within 6 months" a la Mohan. Maybe the current TE finally realized he has to tidy things up.

I couldn't agree more.

Also, if the current staff can't tell a 10 year design from a 5 year design, who has been approving the review of outside engineering plans that come in for site plan and subdivision approval?

The whole Engineering Department is a mess! And the local Engineering firms are making a killing off of our tax dollars. The head carpetbagger wants to share the profits with his cronies from Rochester & our TB was caught asleep at the switch once again. Wendel, a firm that sued the Town, has been paid hundreds of thousands of $$$. When will it end?

No Cable Coverage

A change in the broadcasting of TB meetings... there isn't any! There was no Time Warner tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    A change in the broadcasting of TB meetings... there isn't any! There was no Time Warner tonight.

Do you know if this is permanent or temporary? What shall we all do for entertainment???

How was the meeting? Anything interesting happen? Was Mohan there? I heard he is out of town.

Wink

That happened quickly. When they approved the verizon and Time warner franchise agreements, instead of taping the meetings, now we have a start up stipend from both to buy equipment to tape our meetings. Mohan claimed a camera system for a couple thousand dollars could be built to drop out of the ceiling and tape everything. No big deal. Another miscalculation. Instead no one is taping the meetings and there are no salient plans to change this in the works. The losers=Amherst residents, again.
    Who knows, maybe this will become the next hot political issue and whoever solves the problem by getting us equipment the quickest will be poised for reelection! (please sense my sarcasm). Now think about it, who would be in the best position to gain from Amherst having to buy and maintain expensive camera/computer equipment?

Correction, Time Warner is playing hard ball regarding taping the meetings because their agreement hasn't been accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by left wing View Post
    Do you know if this is permanent or temporary? What shall we all do for entertainment???

How was the meeting? Anything interesting happen? Was Mohan there? I heard he is out of town.
    I'm not sure if it is permanent or temp. For entertainment, we are going to have to attend the meetings

The meeting was ok, one of the residents spoke about her displeasure of the cable not recording and showing the meetings anymore, a union rep voiced his displeasure and disgust with the TS and the new TE about some shady consultant deal.

Unfortunaltly Mohan was not there. He is out of town.

The new Carpetbagger is disgusting & contemptible & has no desire to respect the union contracts!

So who spoke on behalf of the employee union, the Union President or their Sr. LRS?

Quote Originally Posted by forreason View Post
    So who spoke on behalf of the employee union, the Union President or their Sr. LRS?
    I don't know if hr is the "Sr." LRS, but it was the LRS

I don't know if hr is the "Sr." LRS, but it was the LRS
    Just can't put your finger on it, huh Smiley??

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Just can't put your finger on it, huh Smiley??
    Gan, you know how my finger gets... And it is not going to be on cable I missed you last night

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information