Anyone have a solid grasp of the ramifications of the Taylor Law. The law was enacted in regards to labor relations among agencies and employee, namely unions. I am no expert (my background is urban planning, not labor law) but what I do know is that public unions have this state by the arse.

It is nearly impossible to get anything accomplished when it has to do with unions. You can never take anything away from a union, such as health care, vacation time, etc. without them vrying foul and asking for arbitration, a right they are granted. And arbitration never changes anything.

Here's a good example. Eden offered to take control of Elma Meadows golf course and operate it, not own it, but maintain and operate it. But because of the Taylor Law, they can't because it would be taking work from unionized employees (who are laid off by the way). So instead of a benefit for thousands of county residents by having this open, it can't be because of some technicality.

If we want things to truly change, we need this law changed.

We need fair negotiations on behalf of taxpayers. Anyone else sick of council meetings in some towns being adjourned behind closed doors to discuss negoatiations? Why aren't CUSTOMER, that's what we are, allowed to be privy to how our leaders are negotiating on OUR BEHALF?

We need all decisions made based on the strength of the community, city town, region etc. Whether something is fiscally responsible or feasible. Not whether or not the police force in your town is making the same as the police force in Poughkeepsie.

The govt in this state needs a massive overhaul and this law is one way to get a good start.