Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who does Ruffino think he's fooling?

Originally Posted Santo23

Can I blame my employer, no - they provide basic insurance to me, the person they employ. I'm grateful to them for that.
    I guess that's the difference between the normal folk and the "public servants". The normal folk are grateful and the "public servants" are entitled.

Anyone wondering why New York State is wallowing in the mud?

"I have some of the more experienced people in the legislature working for me. That's why my monetary situation is different." - State Senator Dale "Mr. Pickle" Volker when asked about cutting his office expenses.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg” -Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity in response to local towns opposing the 339-y condo law.

Originally posted by Foot Fungus:
    Quote:
    After the meeting, Beutler voiced that if the board members were receiving health insurance buyouts for the past 12 years at a cost somewhere around $150,000, and where there was no resolution approved for board members to receive such buyouts, “why is no one thinking about suing the board members to get that money back?”

There's that daunting question again, who approved this and where's the documentation that approves it?
    Anyone think that the NYS Attorney General's office would investigate for possible fraud on the part of the elected officials. Would they investigate the conflict of interest of the supervisor receiving the insurance from the Boy's club at the same time he doles out grants to them at taxpayer's expense? If enough people filled out the "Public Integrity" (oxymoron) complaint form from the AG's website, do you think there would be any investigative interest?
    http://www.oag.state.ny.us/complaint...laint_form.pdf

Georgia L Schlager

Originally Posted by gorja

If enough people filled out the "Public Integrity" (oxymoron) complaint form from the AG's website, do you think there would be any investigative interest?
    I'd be happy if the news media would finally dig into this and stop molly-coddling these little thieves.

And then let them have their way with the Colecraft building. It's about damn time that this fiasco was exposed to the public in all it's sordid details. If all of this garbage was actually put in front of the public in mass media format, this Town Board would see a change of personnel. We can't count on the Buffalo News and it looks like Channel 2 wants to play nicey nice with them. Any other takers out there?

"I have some of the more experienced people in the legislature working for me. That's why my monetary situation is different." - State Senator Dale "Mr. Pickle" Volker when asked about cutting his office expenses.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg” -Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity in response to local towns opposing the 339-y condo law.

Foot Fungus;414303]I'd be happy if the news media would finally dig into this and stop molly-coddling these little thieves.

And then let them have their way with the Colecraft building. It's about damn time that this fiasco was exposed to the public in all it's sordid details. If all of this garbage was actually put in front of the public in mass media format, this Town Board would see a change of personnel. We can't count on the Buffalo News and it looks like Channel 2 wants to play nicey nice with them. Any other takers out there?
    Having read the Lancaster Bee today, you would have thought we had Saint Ruffino sitting on the town board. After screwing town taxpayers over for 12 years by taking these buyouts, Ruffino charges to the top of the hill and shouts, "we've got to stop taking this free cheese and save these taxpayers some money otherwise the idiots won’t vote us back into office."

What a bunch of crap. In his primary campaign, Richard Sherwood brought this matter to light. In her campaign, Marianne Scime proposed elimination of insurance buyouts for part-time officials months ago and the board sat on this until Dan Amatura sponsored a resolution to end buyouts for all elected town officials and no town provided insurance for elected officials who already have outside coverage.

Stempniak says, “Hey, the rest of board members have outside insurance, lets screw Amatura and eliminate health insurance for part-time board members.” “You and I (Abraham) have great public sector insurance and we’ll let Ruffino whine about what a great sacrifice we’re making (cuts in salary, my ass).

But some residents see through the slime and want more cuts and Ruffino says in today’s Bee that it was too late to make other health insurance changes for elected officials because it wouldn’t be fair to them at this late stage when they wanted to save taxpayers money. The board had at least 6 months to consider this change but blew it off until Amatura drafted a resolution.

Fair? They are the board and supposed to be doing what’s right. Giza gets more free cheese and tells Mike Fronczak that he’s entitled to it. Remember also that Abraham open;y stated in his recent campaign that he felt board members were entitled to insurance buyouts. Where does it say anywhere in writing (by resolution or otherwise) that elected officials are entitled to buyouts?

The private sector is losing its collective ass with this crisis and our elected officials and many public workers feel they are entitled to their perks! Wake up and smell the coffee guys, you work for us, not the other way around. And, we can't afford the government you guys are running - raises for everyone and no give backs in entitlements by town employees. Had I gone to my boss and asked for longevity pay, he would have shown me the door!

The Dem Party gave this resolution sponsorship to Ruffino for one reason only, namely, next year’s election. What a sham! And yet these clowns get re-elected 97% of the time.

Because I don't know, I'll try not to be my sarky self. Does anybody know under what plan, circumstances, or whatever else, Giza receives health care from the Boys and Girls Club? The Boys and Girls Club is a private non profit. It's a charitable organization.

Is Giza an employee or board member of the club? If he's an employee, where does he work and what's his capacity? If he's a board member, what's his position? Do they offer this benefit to other past employees?

I've never heard of this before and I have family that was deeply involved in the management of a Boys and Girls Club and they've never heard of such and arrangement before. This needs to be investigated. If it's standard practice, then so be it. If it's not? This isn't a private matter that's between Giza and his family. This is a public matter. The public, including myself, donate money to the Boys and Girls Club. We deserve to know how that money is spent.
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Originally posted by Wag:
    Because I don't know, I'll try not to be my sarky self. Does anybody know under what plan, circumstances, or whatever else, Giza receives health care from the Boys and Girls Club? The Boys and Girls Club is a private non profit. It's a charitable organization.

Is Giza an employee or board member of the club? If he's an employee, where does he work and what's his capacity? If he's a board member, what's his position? Do they offer this benefit to other past employees?

I've never heard of this before and I have family that was deeply involved in the management of a Boys and Girls Club and they've never heard of such and arrangement before. This needs to be investigated. If it's standard practice, then so be it. If it's not? This isn't a private matter that's between Giza and his family. This is a public matter. The public, including myself, donate money to the Boys and Girls Club. We deserve to know how that money is spent.
    I'm no accountant but looking at the Boys club's 990 for 2007, there is no mention of contributions to benefit plans to any former key employee on page 6, Part V-B. As a layman, it seems that if health care coverage was provided to Giza through the boys club, it would have been documented there.

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...03b6919d-9.pdf

Georgia L Schlager

Originally Posted by Wag

The public, including myself, donate money to the Boys and Girls Club. We deserve to know how that money is spent.
    I guess now you know.

Oops.

Originally Posted by pudge

The private sector is losing its collective ass with this crisis and our elected officials and many public workers feel they are entitled to their perks! Wake up and smell the coffee guys, you work for us, not the other way around. And, we can't afford the government you guys are running - raises for everyone and no give backs in entitlements by town employees. Had I gone to my boss and asked for longevity pay, he would have shown me the door!
    The sweet realities of "public service".

The Dem Party gave this resolution sponsorship to Ruffino for one reason only, namely, next year’s election. What a sham! And yet these clowns get re-elected 97% of the time.
    Add in the annual 3% raise and you have 100%. At least everything is accounted for. All is well with their world.

Just knowing that Supervisor Bobby Cheesa has received his entitlements will make me sleep easier at night (dreaming of the next rising tax bill). Thanks Bobby, is there anything else that we owe you? We wouldn't want you to suffer. With the car companies in trouble, we might be able to get some sweet deals on vehicles for the whole family. Gas cards for the whole Cheesa clan at the bus garage too (Lil' Ronny is an active political lackey, he sends out all the garbage campaign literature, that should entitle him to something, shouldn't it).

You just let us know what you need and we'll just crap it out of the end we keep taking it up by you and your little cronies. Anyone know where to get one of those donut cushion things? It's getting harder to sit by the day.

So I looked at the tax report. I'm not an expert, adn I'm left with questions. But part two line 25b asks for compensation of former officers, directors, key employees, etc and the line is blank. Which seems to mean there is no compensation to former officers, directors, etc. But is Giza former or current? The last page lists what looks like officers or employees, I'm not sure. But Giza's name isn't on it. What gives. The more I see, the more this seems to warrant an investigation.
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Talking Ronny ! Ronny ! Ronny?

Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    So I looked at the tax report. I'm not an expert, adn I'm left with questions. But part two line 25b asks for compensation of former officers, directors, key employees, etc and the line is blank. Which seems to mean there is no compensation to former officers, directors, etc. But is Giza former or current? The last page lists what looks like officers or employees, I'm not sure. But Giza's name isn't on it. What gives. The more I see, the more this seems to warrant an investigation.
    Let's look at Ronny for a minute because he and my Daddy will get me the job Abraham are running in 2009 and it's time to state to ring the bells and clocks to stop this Insane process. Lets look at Ronnie and the way the Pee sorry the Bee writer makes him the 11th hour hero and save the Town of Lancaster taxpayers Millions sorry thousands. Ronnie stated he has been researching the issue of buyouts for Town employees and could save US, thats you and me mr. and mrs. taxpayers all that money. Sounds great and the great Ronnie will show us to the promise land. I ask a question of Ronnie the bell man and thats (1) If you have been looking into the buyouts for two months WHY O WHY didn't he present it two weeks before at the budget hearing. Why Ronnie did someone to you left didn't wake you up. (2) Ronnie when you threw your hat into the political ring for councilperson didn't anyone tell you the Salary was est. $17,900.00 and what Ronnie buyouts for insurances. NOT Ronnie. Please put this in your reelections mailouts made on the sweet copy machines that do all the Dem. political mailouts. at taxpayers expense. You and Ms. Piggy and the doyboy John are losing money that you NEVER should have gotten but greed is great and that will be you downfall , greed is a sickness and the taxpayers will be the cure! I hope the resolutions from years ago come to light and the Buffalo News or the Ch. 2,4,or7 grow some balls and start looking into this. You and Donna and John are not losing money 27% or 9% were NEVER to be. The last statement is the greatest statement in modren history " We are in crise mode" my god that brought a tear to my eye ( the good one). What the hell does this mean I don't know but I'm moved, Ronnie keep up the great job and buy the way Gizzeir is call and it's time for your feeding.Buy

Ruffino said that we are in crisis mode. The state is doing alot worse. With the mess the state's economy is in, the state budget should only include necessities. With that in mind, Ruffino should withdraw his request for the $15,000 unnecessary clock money.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Ruffino said that we are in crisis mode. The state is doing alot worse. With the mess the state's economy is in, the state budget should only include necessities. With that in mind, Ruffino should withdraw his request for the $15,000 unnecessary clock money.
    Hey Gorja,

You're missing the whole concept of state grants. Through the years Supervisor Giza and his minions have made it quite clear that if municipalities doen't take the handouts from state legislators, like Volker and Gabby in Lancaster, someone else in the state will take it. (Never mind that the money is for BS clocks and bells.)

When a grant came in for a non necessity item years ago, a Lancaster resident addressed the board and said, " so then you don't care if the money to purchase this item came from some pig farmer down state that lives nowhere close to our town and will never see the purchase?"

As usual, the answer given was, "If we don't take the grant money, someone else will." However, the town will take the position that the bell is needed to commemorate the town's 175 anniversary and it's only $32,000, a paltry sum compared to the $2 billion deficit the state is trying to make up.

Originally posted by pudge:
    As usual, the answer given was, "If we don't take the grant money, someone else will." However, the town will take the position that the bell is needed to commemorate the town's 175 anniversary and it's only $32,000, a paltry sum compared to the $2 billion deficit the state is trying to make up.
    It's ironic how residents and businesses have had to change their mindset during these economic times and make hard decisions between their "needs" and their "wants". While our town leaders maintain the status quo and want to spend taxpayer money on a frivolous clock.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It's ironic how residents and businesses have had to change their mindset during these economic times and make hard decisions between their "needs" and their "wants". While our town leaders maintain the status quo and want to spend taxpayer money on a frivolous clock.
    Speaking of changing a mindset, I thought the Lancaster Source was going to write on what takes place in the town with a new vision, one that was more tuned in on to what was happening in the town.

The town just approved its 2009 budget, making modifications in the process and not one drop of ink was spent on the matter.

Was the Soruce reporter present, asleep at the wheel or intimidated not to write anything since being yelled at by the supervisor?

Don't hold your breath!

Ruffino stated in the Bee that taking away the health insurance from the town board members was just the first move in making health insurance changes for the other elected officials.

What other changes do you think he is considering and how long do you think it will be before taxpayers can see the elimination of buyouts for the remaining elected officials?

Cheektowaga elected officials still get $9,000 in health insurance buyouts because they get liftetime health insurance, even if they serve only one term.
    Clarenece buyouts come with only a $1,000 stipend.

Lancaster and Cheektowaga taxpayers - dumb & dumber!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information