Thread: Gas prices - "No big thang" !

Gas prices - "No big thang" !

"High gas prices not hurting economy so far" from B.E.N.

ha, ha, ha, Your so right B.E.N. Keep them higher prices comming! Ain't no "big thang".

The story below is 15 minutes old. I see average prices as $2.25 ($2.24 and 9/10's).
    http://www.buffalogasprices.com/

Getting hard to report prices when they go up faster than you can document them. What a freekin scam. These stations have gas, in their tanks, purchased previously at $X amount, sitting in their tanks, yet "instantly" raise their prices, every couple hours or so, according to media reports of the price of a barrel of oil going up. If the price of oil drops, it takes about one week to drop one penny.

8:27 AM EST Wednesday
    Buffalo gas prices reach new peak

Another day, another record. Gasoline prices in the Buffalo area have reached a new all-time high for the second time this week.

A gallon of regular gas cost an average of $2.164 in Erie and Niagara counties on Wednesday morning, according to the American Automobile Association. That breaks the previous mark of $2.151 per gallon, which was set on Tuesday.

AAA updates its price report each weekday, based on a nationwide survey of 60,000 self-service stations.

Gas prices in the Buffalo area are 8 percent higher than they were a month ago -- and 17 percent higher than a year ago.

But prices are even higher in other parts of upstate New York. A gallon of gas is currently going for an average of $2.192 in Binghamton, $2.183 in Utica-Rome and $2.165 in Syracuse.

Re: Gas prices - "No big thang" !

Originally posted by avet
    "High gas prices not hurting economy so far" from B.E.N.

ha, ha, ha, Your so right B.E.N. Keep them higher prices comming! Ain't no "big thang".

The story below is 15 minutes old. I see average prices as $2.25 ($2.24 and 9/10's).
    http://www.buffalogasprices.com/

Getting hard to report prices when they go up faster than you can document them. What a freekin scam. These stations have gas, in their tanks, purchased previously at $X amount, sitting in their tanks, yet "instantly" raise their prices, every couple hours or so, according to media reports of the price of a barrel of oil going up. If the price of oil drops, it takes about one week to drop one penny.

8:27 AM EST Wednesday
    Buffalo gas prices reach new peak

Another day, another record. Gasoline prices in the Buffalo area have reached a new all-time high for the second time this week.

A gallon of regular gas cost an average of $2.164 in Erie and Niagara counties on Wednesday morning, according to the American Automobile Association. That breaks the previous mark of $2.151 per gallon, which was set on Tuesday.

AAA updates its price report each weekday, based on a nationwide survey of 60,000 self-service stations.

Gas prices in the Buffalo area are 8 percent higher than they were a month ago -- and 17 percent higher than a year ago.

But prices are even higher in other parts of upstate New York. A gallon of gas is currently going for an average of $2.192 in Binghamton, $2.183 in Utica-Rome and $2.165 in Syracuse.

WHAT YOU CRAZY...I'm feeling it now and I'm poor ... I'm feeling it now and you say no big deal.....what are you smoking this morning....lol
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I just paid $29.00 for a gallon of maple syrup

I think the gas prices are not so bad in comparision.

farmall806

what are you smoking this morning....lol

I'm smokin' "GIAMBRA LIGHTS" !

Don't care what they cost, or how much damage they can do.

I just paid $29.00 for a gallon of maple syrup. I think the gas prices are not so bad in comparision.
    Maple syrup is not a "world consumerable" commodity, affecting the "worlds total economy".

If every wage earning taxpayer was "required by law" to stop at the INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKES, everyday, on the way, to and from work, and consume 20 to 30 gallons of maple syrup, each and every week, it would be an "issue".

The producers of maple syrup are not living in "royal castles with marble walls and gold fixtures".

The maple syrup producers are not reporting HUGE GOBS, AND GOBS, AND GOBS OF "RECORD MAKING" CORPORATE PROFITS.

"apples and oranges","apples and oranges","apples and oranges"

Killng small business

a short time ago fifty dollars would keep a small truck going all week. not now.compared to ten years ago every vehicles gas price has at least doubled. I worked for a company with ten trucks we watched a 500 to 600 dollar weekly gas bill climb to almost 2000 in the past ten years, they cut the fleet from twenty foot flat bed to stub nosed twelve footers with small 4 and 6 cylender engines but the cost still soared. a cost that is passed on to the consumer.. food clothing heat everything is effected when gas price goes up.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Originally posted by farmall806
    I just paid $29.00 for a gallon of maple syrup
    I think the gas prices are not so bad in comparision.
    Your car runs on maple syrup?!?!
    sweet. you fill up the tank at Perkins, or what?

I've got a British import that runs on syrup... only apricot though! Thank god for Perkins!
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

stevenco

Simple Carbs

Heck, if you drank a quart of maple syrup you probably wouldn't have to drive, you could just sprint to work. Stop at Starbucks for fuel injection.

Hey, How about a dollar for a 16oz. water? The most abundant substance on earth.

Have you forgotten about the quarts of American blood we are spending to keep our rears in gear?

If you've been to Europe ( i've only been in western countries in the last decade) you know that petrol costs have been exorbitant compared to U.S. prices for a LONG time! The "puddle jumpers" most often driven over there reflect the consumer demand for transportation sans public transportation(which is pretty efficient) over there.

I am curious as to when the outcry for a more efficient public transportation system will arise in the U.S. ( especially in WNY). I mean a REAL push for it because it would be wise to NOT be as dependent on the mideast for our transportation needs as we are?

Thread Information