Thread: Hiding in a Rabbit Hole

Hiding in a Rabbit Hole

What I am finding particularly disturbing in this Holt/Pro Hoops/FBI unfolding drama, is the non-partisan silence from the rest of the Legislature. From a political stand point, the entire body has come under attack for their handling of the budget, and could use any sort of positive press in this election year. In fact, it’s become so bad to be a Legislator in this that a group was formed, in Primary Challenge for the express purposes of removing them all from office. Why isn’t there a call for his resignation or at the very minimum stepping down as chairman? Even if we weren’t in the middle of all this other controversy, wouldn’t this be enough to cause some stir within the Legislature?

Nancy Naples has gone on the record as saying that a 2002 audit revealed other such pass through dealings from the Legislature to unidentified organizations. And of course, we have all seen the video of Chuck “I have single handedly made sweaters uncool again” Swanick and Chairman “these are all personal attacks” Holt quickly pushing through the $3 million dollars to Community Based Corrections LLC. Lets all think back for a moment. A few Legislators did inquire where these funds were going; but the measure passed without debate. The only conclusion that can be reached is that all such items are business as usual. This might also explain the silence on the part of the Legislature.

Before we give the Executive branch a pass on any blame, let us continue to ask probing questions. Why is it that an audit that occurred nearly two years ago regarding pass-through dealings is only being revealed now? If this is such a large issue, as the FBI clearly believes it is, then where was the Executive oversight on this issue in the past? Of course, Naples’ can hide behind not being in office at the time of the audit; but the fact remains that these reports were available to the current administration and should have been acted upon.

I applaud the job the job the media has done with digging into these issues. But the time has come to double down and dig even deeper. Holt looked a complete fool when he hung up on the morning crew at WBEN when asked about Pro Hoops. There is obviously something very wrong here. Don’t give them a chance to let Holt, and Holt alone be hung out to dry on these issues. Even the casual observer has the sense that there is more here then what is going in front of a Grand Jury on Monday.
    -r

Don’t give them a chance to let Holt, and Holt alone be hung out to dry on these issues. Even the casual observer has the sense that there is more here then what is going in front of a Grand Jury on Monday.
    Intuitively, I've got a feeling deep inside that if one looked deep enough one would find something similiar with Swanick. Why does he use different counties other than Erie to file his mortgages and titles? Someone raised the question: how does he afford property in Forida on $45,000/yr. Maybe it's the way tries so hard to appear so righteous that rubs me the wrong way. Remember his righteous indignation when the media first began focusing on Holt "This is a smear campaign to ruin someone's good name." Swanick has been in government long enough to know the angles...I don't trust him at all and wouldn't be surpriosed if he's hiding something. Let it all come out!

odd

Originally posted by Buff Lifer
    Intuitively, I've got a feeling deep inside that if one looked deep enough one would find something similiar with Swanick. Why does he use different counties other than Erie to file his mortgages and titles? Someone raised the question: how does he afford property in Forida on $45,000/yr. Maybe it's the way tries so hard to appear so righteous that rubs me the wrong way. Remember his righteous indignation when the media first began focusing on Holt "This is a smear campaign to ruin someone's good name." Swanick has been in government long enough to know the angles...I don't trust him at all and wouldn't be surpriosed if he's hiding something. Let it all come out!

When you have an odd smell in the air and you can't find where that smell is coming from, you can bet its something that is not good........"When garbage smells you get rid of it."
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I believe the lack of response by the rest of the Legislature is due to their lackluster backgrounds. Just look at their resumes, posted by them on the County website.

These are not people who were selected by their parties due to their individual, outstanding personal profiles of excellence. They were party stalwarts, selected to run---often unopposed----for positions in a backwaster legislative body. They were known, compliant people.

The glare of publicity is not something they expected, not something they wanted, trained for or had any experience in.

Then again, this is Lent and perhaps the other Legislators have done some reading.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

Another great post/thread RobSmith.

Thread Information