Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Candidates

Question Candidates

I am curious as to what method, if any, will be used to screen candidates who will be challenging the current incumbants. Will anyone off the street be taken and offered a run? Certainly the candidates must have some credibility and be without any skeletons in the closet lest there be embarrasment. What efforts are being undertaken in this regard?

stevenco

Originally posted by stevenco
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I feel helpless

I tried to think of someone I could support. A group of my friends have talked this subject over many times. Hard to find someone who is known enough to get close to being elected. we even tried to think of an unknown who might have a good enough private track record to make a run. problem is they dont want the job. who would they way things are now anyone in office is going to stink. (cant work in a sewer without the smell getting on you.)
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

What efforts are being undertaken in this regard?
    Good question with no answers. Same ol' politics. Just another front.

BF

if you actually listened to the radio show and called in 878-5104 you would know all about primary challenge instead of speculating

Instead of playing a popularity contest, would you vote for someone that had a plan to get us out of this mess?

I have been interested in this and have listened and read anything PrimaryChallenge has published. I didn't go to the two public meetings as I figured they'd be packed and I didn't need to be part of the Choir being preached to (figure it out.)

As far as "proofing" or "vetting" potential candidates, I believe the first time it was brought up, it was Tom Bauerle as he was interviewing Leonard Roberto live, on-air. Leonard dismissed the idea, saying something like "Yeah, if I had all the time or all the money in the world, I'd do that."

To his credit, I think Leonard is doing this. I don't know for sure, because I'm not part of the PC inner circle. What I know is what I read here.

What I've read is that all these candidates are going to be "unveiled" at a big event in the Convention Center next Friday, April 15th. I'm anxious to start working with the candidate for my district and wish this could have started already.

But I think the PC folks are wise to have held back. It gave them time to check these people out. And once identified, these people are going to have a bulls-eye on their backs. You can bet the regular Rep Dem parties are going to go through these people's backgrounds.

hummm

To his credit, I think Leonard is doing this. I don't know for sure, because I'm not part of the PC inner circle. What I know is what I read here. [/B][/QUOTE]

Here's what makes me stand off....Lenonard...lives in EC and has his biusness is in Batavia...you figuar that one out....shouldn't his buisness be in Eire County ???

What I know about inner circles..."They can become very powerfull force on the backs of other's and extermingly political from the pockets of other's..."
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Well, time will tell I suppose. But it will be interesting to see what product is rolled out onto the carpet on April 15th. If these candidates are not thoroughly checked out before hand, you can bet that the "professional" opposition will have them checked out. Any skeletons in the closet will be exposed and any lack of experience will surely be touted. I just hope it's not a case of "any port in a storm" mentality. An organization is only as good as its candidates.

Here's what makes me stand off....Lenonard...lives in EC and has his biusness is in Batavia...you figuar that one out....shouldn't his buisness be in Eire County ???
    How about Ralph Wilson who takes all our money out of state?

You complain about a man who puts his own money out to put people to work in a state that is loosing buisness everyday. How many WNYers do you employ? Why Batavia? I'm not certian but I would quess it is because NYS has designated Batavia as an economic development cooridor and building acquisistion is cheeper there and provides access to the 90. Half way between two markets, Buffalo and Rochester. I think it is a great location, serving two markets make it logistically correct.What does it matter if his buisness is here or not? Erie County and NYS are not exactly friendly to small buisness owners but they are willing to hand out money they do not have to large corparations. Where is your complaint of that?

What I know about inner circles..."They can become very powerfull force on the backs of other's and extermingly political from the pockets of other's..."
    To this logic the founding fathers should have never gotten together.

And then the choir sings!

Back off, Levi. I think Riven is on to something here.

Maybe that Roberto feller ain't even from around here. So not only might he be doing business in another county (ANOTHER COUNTY!!!!), he might be from away.

I don't like people who don't do what I do. Or talk like I do. I especially don't like people who think they can work a fur spell from where they live.

This is suspicious. Now, the more I think about it, the surer I am that Riven is on to something. Figure it out. Clarence is a day's ride away. That's why they got all them little motels there on Main Street (naw, not for what you think). And Batavia is another day's ride away.

So you expect me to believe Roberto lives in Erie and works two day's ride away. And he makes that trip every day!!!???

Come on.

Whaddya think I am, stoooopid?

Clarence is a day's ride away.
    And Batavia is another day's ride way
    WHERE are you COMING from?? Batavia is a 45 minute drive up the 90. Clarence might be about 30 minutes (from Snyder) with traffic on Main street. That's less than an hour and a half! Biker, I usually agree with you, but you are way off base here with your suspicions.
    Last edited by buffy; April 5th, 2005 at 09:40 AM.

Well, sir, it isn't if you ride a horse.

Clarence was one day's ride from Buffalo and Batavia is one day further.

Gotcha!

I think the issue here is that at least someone is trying to do something and offer an option to the status quo. You can vote for whoever you want to and personally I want someone who isn't a POLITICIAN! Screw them ,normal everyday people can do a better more concious job, how could ANYONE do a worse job? Let's see ... both governments have collapsed, taxes are at their limits, we've been blackmailed by the county exec, and the mayors done such a great job that they want to eliminate his position! It's PATHETIC and I guarantee that I could do a better job!!!!\

Let me ask this, would you vote for a person that has no political background whatsoever but has an open idea or plan that everyone can follow and see without hidden agendas?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information