Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't the lawmakers use their money?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well said.

So thedude?

Do you work for us? I mean that at any level...
    No. Though I did work for a bank that received a bail out.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Who is Cambria? Haha, it is ridiculous how ignorant you are.
    So I'm ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    You type like a 1st grader. I, on the other hand, use punctuation and capitalize letters beginning sentences. My point, which you are clearly too dense to understand, is not whether the spending is worthwhile, but if it is wise for a County to seek outside funds for development projects rather than use from their own pool of dollars.
    In this case weather or not it is worth while is the first question.... W we are talking about one project in Cambria . If we were talking about a much needed sewer plant or a school in need of repair I would say yes try to get state and Federal aide but a project like this that seems intended to aide some friend I would say no spend your own money. If you want public funds float a town bond to pay for it. this area has to many vacant lots now we don't need to build another one. Let these unnamed technology companies fill in existing empty buildings.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Where is Jim Ostrowski on this matter. Our government shouldn't be handing out grants to private business ventures.
    What chaps your butt, Rez, is that some businesses might get something that you don't. The solution is for you to investigate if your business can qualify for some grants. If you choose NOT to do so, then don't keep whining about other businesses that DO choose to apply for grants.

FTR technology or industrial parks are generally properties that are owned by a quasi-governmental developmental agency that puts in the infrastructure: roads, sewers, water, electricity, etc in hopes of attracting businesses. The businesses then buy/lease the land and put up their facilities.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    What chaps your butt, Rez, is that some businesses might get something that you don't. The solution is for you to investigate if your business can qualify for some grants. If you choose NOT to do so, then don't keep whining about other businesses that DO choose to apply for grants.

FTR technology or industrial parks are generally properties that are owned by a quasi-governmental developmental agency that puts in the infrastructure: roads, sewers, water, electricity, etc in hopes of attracting businesses. The businesses then buy/lease the land and put up their facilities.
    Ummm wrong...

I personally do not believe it is correct to take money from one person and hand it to another. SImple as that.

I can easily apply for grants that would apply to what I do but I'd rather use my own cash. Why would I want to take another tax payers money who for the most part could spend it on their own business not mine?

You do know what I do for a living don't you?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So Linda... let me get this straight... You are ok with taking money from people who may actually need it to hand out to people who really don't need it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information