Thread: Madness

Madness

When will they stop the madness? You can tell it is an election year. Watching the televised Board meeting last night was an exercise in psychosis. Shelly taking unreasonable potshots at the Supervisor, Dan taking the same. Kindel jumping in. The Town has some real issues at hand that ALL these jerks should be looking at, but no, it’s open season at shifting the blame and getting re-elected. I want a Board that will WORK TOGETHER for the betterment of our community. I do not want to watch a group of babies in a playpen shouting mine, gimme, I didn’t do it, you did!! The posturing and pandering to a select mob was disgraceful. I want a well run entity that benefits the people who live here. I do not want Shelly & Dan using the Board meeting as a platform to smear the Supervisor---or anyone else! These are downright nasty individuals and the energy used for their attacks on their colleagues would be better spent on legislating for the good of the Town. I would hope all voters would demand from any incumbent a record of ‘good deeds’. Dan gets no harebrained resolutions passed. Shelly FINALLY paid the taxes she didn’t tell us she owed when she ran for office. And these are people we elect to represent us? When will WE stop the madness?

Welp, I have declared myself an IFZ (incumbent free zone) this year. The problem is that the candidates that are non-incumbents aren't all that grand either... though I'm interested to hear from each of them directly so I can make a more critical opinion.

The dynamics of the current Town Board just might be the most offensive in my memory. But, I don't think that the blame should stop at the Board members. Each one of those jamokes has support from their political party and Town employees.

The political parties have - at times in the past - "directed" Councilpeeps to behave in specified ways. [Some may recall former GOP guys Gilmore & Speth vitrually staring down Wojo a few years ago.] Maybe now Marshall Wood is "guiding" Schratz(?).
    "Let's Kick The Hell Out Of The Status Quo!"

Madness is a good title.

The Dems thought that the Reps in Amherst would have a primary because of the party split and look what happened. Both sides came together; they sang Kumbiya, and endorsed a slate with no dissention. This, from a political party that looked as if it was going to lose 2 council seats this year. Congratulations on pulling it together.

The Dems on the other hand, HAD, thats the operative word, HAD the chance to take the 3 council seats this year, but Dan & Dennis Ward deceided to play ERIE COUNTY POLITICS in the Town of Amherst and forced a slate upon the Democrats that doesn't include Brownrout.

Talk about the old saying that Democrats always shoot themselves in the foot! What is with these guys? Of the Dem candidates, Ward, Brownrout, Bucki and Schad, who are best known; who have experience with the Town; who have public interest; who?, who?, who?

Ward beats up Grelick every chance he gets; even at his announcement that he was seeking re-elction. If Ward doesn't like Democrats, why doesn't he switch to the Republican side? I'm sure they would then endorse him to run against Grelick; whom he is so jealous of.

I really hate stupidity! Sometimes stupidity bothers me more than the high taxes!

Political party heads running the show, you got that right on both fronts. I am leaning for Grelick & Brownrout; the head honchos won’t play nice with them because the Wards say so. And what’s the enticement for re-electing Ward? He was the LEGAL COUNSEL at the legislature! His legal expertise keeps them honest? He keeps them on a straight and narrow path? He gave advice to one of the most corrupt and ineffectual groups to ever run the County? This is the guy we want back on the Town Board to obstruct and foul even more? Grelick is not a politician, you can see by the way she conducts herself. I’ve met her several times, I follow the Board meetings. She wants what is best for the Town. And that is good enough for me. I watched the Board add all sorts of pork to her budget last year. She brought in a lean spending plan and THEY ADDED TO IT! The Board has the last word on spending. If the Wards don’t like Grelick and Brownrout, then Grelick and Brownrout must be a danger to the Wards’ ‘business as usual’ plan. If a candidate has all the love and well wishes from their committee, we gotta know something is up! I vote to elect the person, not some group of people running my government from the back room. And I’m still steamed up over that disgraceful Ward & Schratz & Kindel dog and pony show last meeting.

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Originally posted by etc
    ....Grelick is not a politician, you can see by the way she conducts herself. ... And that is good enough for me.... She brought in a lean spending plan and THEY ADDED TO IT!
    That, my friend is her problem. She has NO CONTROL over the board! It could be her downfall in '05 if the GOPs can field an actual leader.
    All of her predecessors had a lot more going for them in the consensus-building department -- including the late Al Dekdebrun, also a Dem with a GOP majority.

No Control? What do you think she is, a babysitter? Waht do you want her to be, another jack Sharpe who thratens the others to shut up and do it his way?

She is not responsible to do that, however, maybe I would go along with you if she changed their diapers!

Grelick is not a ‘business as usual’ politician. All the nasty implications of the word, politician! Do you really think leadership is gaveling down a speaker you don’t want to hear from? Do you think leadership is getting the last nasty word in a discussion? I think leadership is taking care of all the behind the scene issues that keep our town strong. And no one can deny that our town is in pretty good shape; look at the bond rating. And since we are defining styles, I’d rather have an intelligent, courteous leader than a pit bull attention getter with no substance or expertise.

Thread Information