Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad at theatersshows how women need booze to meet people

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Ad at theatersshows how women need booze to meet people

When we go to a movie show, we paid to see a film and coming
    attractions, not ads for almost anything you can imagine. These ads don't lower the price of the film and we still have to sit there and watch the ads or sleep.
    On my site Amhersttimes.com amd Speakupwny.com I wrote an editorial concerning Congressman Tom Reynolds and a slutty ad I view at the Regal theaters.

Without making us search the web for your articles, could you please tell those of us who are not so informed, what ads at the movies have to do with Tom Reynolds??

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes what do the two have to do with each other.

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious

What is Ain't trying to say?

Here's a Readers' Digest version of Aint's editorial:

"This ad... ...message is direct. Women need booze to have fun behind closed doors in some sleazy building. Isn’t there enough degradation of women in the media already?
    I felt that if anyone could affect a change in this type of cheap, degrading ad, it would be my Congressman, Tom Reynolds. I called his local office and the one in Washington and was brushed off at both.
    "

Presumably, Ain't feels that Tom Reynolds is directly responsible for this legitimate ad for Jack Daniels, in that some alchoholic beverage distributors are among the Congressman's campaign contributors.

I wonder if this sort of logic and the incomparable magic touch of Tricoli will be as invaluable to Jack Davis' campaign as it was to Dan Ward's.

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

You have to be kidding

I was told removal of this ad needed a heavyweight person not local talent . I contact Reynolds office for help . That is the connection .Just because Reynolds is a strong supporter of the Tobacco and Liquor interest didn't leave me to ask him for help. I do truly realizes he has so many other project he's working on that promoting drinking of JaclK Daniels for young women isn't one of his proirty. He much busier trying to help solve Amherst sinking and damaged home catastrophe. I did talk to the manager ;it was out of his hands.Today I will contact the Regals headquaters and see what can be done.
    It sad to see that you good people came to the defensive of Reynolds, but none of you gave any input into solving this degrading problem I guess the truth about giving yours support to a man who supports the tobacco and booze in Washington and not the welfare of the woman of Amherst . Then what did women ever to for the cowards who represent jolly old Reyonlds and write in saying what's the connect between Reyonlds and liquor ads. Either they lost her memorys of who took care of them or had horrible exiperiences with women in their lives

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious

Re: You have to be kidding

Originally posted by AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH
    ...I guess the truth about giving yours (sic) support to a man who supports the tobacco and booze in Washington and not the welfare of the woman (sic) of Amherst . Then what did women ever to (sic) for the cowards who represent jolly old Reyonlds (sic) and write in saying what's the connect between Reyonlds (sic) and liquor ads. Either they lost her (sic) memorys (sic) of who took care of them or had horrible exiperiences (sic) with women in their lives
    I yield, sir. How can anyone argue with this?

I don't know what movie this so-called offensive ad preceeded. And I've never seen the ad in question. I also, doubt that there is anythng that you can really do to change Regal's ad placement strategy. But, here you go....

Regal Entertainment Group corporate offices are located at 7132 Regal Lane, Knoxville, Tennessee, 37918. Their phone number is 1-865-922-1123 and their fax number is 1-865-922-3188.

Please let us all know to who you speak and exactly what their response is.

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Maybe a phone call can work

The person who can affect a change in the removal of this ad is Lauren Leff in NYC at 1-212-931-8107. At present she is in Vegas will be back Monday. I left a message to call me back.

IMO- what does it matter what 'commercial' is being viewed prior to the start of a movie? As long as it is not offensive and or played during a children's movie, what's the deal? It's not like we don't see enough beer commecials during regularaly televised football and hockey games. Heck, there's more obsenities (sp?) in South Park (the tv show on commedy central) than in any commercial.

No offense Aint, these people paid for their commercial to be advertized, and the marketing people are going to look for the best place with the most viewing as they possibly can. It's not Regal that's promoting it and calling them with something that is not in their hands is just complaining to the wrong people.

The average commecial is 2.5 minutes and if no laws are being broken, it can air as few or as many times as it was paid for.

PS.

I would be more ticked off that the alcohalic beverage company's 'Please drink responsibly' disclaimer is typed too small at the bottom of the screen.

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Drink can you never be alone

WHAT THIS AD IS SAYING IS LONELY LADY IF YOU WANT A BED PARNTER TONIGHT SHOW HIM YOU HAVE THE BOOZE.]
    I WENT TO THE MOVIES WITH MY WIFE AND 24 YEAR SON, THERE WERE MANY YOUNG ADULTS IN THE SHOW. IT MUST HAVE BEEN UNCOMFORTABLE TO MANY OF THE YOUNG ADULTS. WOMEN DON'T WANT TO BE SHOWN ON THE SCREEN AS LONELY PEOPLE WHO WILL SHARE THEIR BODY FOR A LITTLE KINDRESS FROM A PROPER DRINKING MAN AS THE AD IMPLIES.

WHAT THIS AD IS SAYING IS LONELY LADY IF YOU WANT A BED PARNTER TONIGHT SHOW HIM YOU HAVE THE BOOZE.]

This is certainly nothing new in the history of alcohol advertising. In fact, sexuality is used in just about every alcohol commercial you see, especially the beer commercials. Have you seen the recent Heineken commericals? It's all about the beer or some such thing. All of those commericlas give the suggestion that a man or woman will be attractive to the opposite sex because of the beer they drink. This goes back to the beginning of alcohol advertisement and the ads are directed at people who (in my opinion) rely a little too much on alcohol , whether it be for relationships or self-esteem yadda yadda.

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH

Funny commerical I bet,I think.

What I understand from those of you that have responded to this problemi s that society is decay to the point very few people care until something revolting happens to someone they love becomes a victim of rape,drugs,or any of the rest of the garage the slimy creeps can offer them.

I've never seen the ad, so I have no opinion on it.
    However, don't you think it's kinda wasting a Congressman's time, complaining about something like this?? How is he ever going to take you seriously when there's a real issue??
    You'll become known as the guy who complains about the ads at the movie theatre.

I'm hoping that all will agree that this topic is really very much out of place in the "Amherst Politics" forum. But, I suppose, what difference does it really make.

No matter whether I would find the advertisement offensive really doesn't matter. Apparently, it has had a significantly replusive effect on Ain't That The Truth. So I completely support his efforts to make his feelings known. That's the right thing for him to do. I sincerely wish him the best of luck.

I will say, though, that the description of the ad and my general familiarity with other advertising techniques, leads me to believe that the message was fairly clear... but not really shocking. It would be important to know what movie the ad preceeded. Was the movie likely to attract minors? Context is just as important as content.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information