Thread: Williamsville School District's 5.8 Million budget Deficit and Extreme Govt waste.

Williamsville School District's 5.8 Million budget Deficit and Extreme Govt waste.

Here is just ONE example of waste by the school district...

You have one kid suspended from school so he must go to another school for a week...

I forget the name but its at the end of Sheridan by the South Grand Island bridge...

Heres the thing, they use a full size school bus to drive one kid to this school... the bus stays there all day, then they drive the kid home. They do this, every week. Some days theres more than one kid, but generally, just a handful...

Point is, why are we as tax payers, paying for this huge bus to drive a handful or even one kid 10+ miles away to school? Why not use a smaller bus? Also, if the bus breaks down, the cost to tow it back to the yard is that much more expensive.

with a budget gap of 5.8 million, our school taxes are going to increase. Again.

Why do our schools have 3 principles? for what? There is a bit of fat in the williamsville school district that could be trimmed back. Changes that can be made to not introduce higher taxes... such as:

Requiring parents of students who are involved in sports, to help support said teams in the form of fees. Why should everyone have to foot the bill for equipment for sports teams when only a handful use said equipment?

Adjusting the amount of buses on the road. MANY many parents drive thier kids to school, there by reducing the amount of kids using bus services. Why not take this into account when designing bus routes? Also, given that we are supposed to be so 'worried' about 'global warming' why are parents allowed to drive their kids to school in the first place? Not only does it cause increased 'global warming' but also adds unneeded traffic to already congested roads, increasing commute time, thus wasting time and money, and fuel by sitting in traffic cause little johnny is too good for the school bus... If the district took into account that amount if kids, driven to school by mom and dad, we could decrease our bus fleet size.

I dont think cutting after school programs is the answer. However I do think parents of those who attend or are involved in after school programs should pay 'their fair share'

With that said, I also feel that programs that matter' shouldnt be cut. I feel that instead, they need to start cutting the waste where it matters, at the TOP. Generally speaking, cutting a bunch of part time folks that work their ass off to help kids just impacts everyone in a negative way which doesnt do much to reduce the over all budget. They seem to do this so they can justify ever increasing taxes. Instead why not cut the fat out of the top, since those at the top generally make much more money than those at the bottom.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information