Thread: Homeland (In)Security - what a joke

Homeland (In)Security - what a joke

Is "Homeland (In)Security" worth all the mega-dollars we are paying, when borders are a "well known" and "throughly acknowledged", GIANT GAPING HOLE ?

Let's raise taxes some more, for Homeland Security, then install valets at the borders, and have them greet illegals and hand out phamlets, "THE FREE BENEFITS YOUR ENTITLED TO AS YOU STEAL OUR JOBS". What a total joke !!!

===============================

Illegals at power plant prompt call for legislation
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...3449-5962r.htm

Illegal aliens using false Social Security numbers were able to enter and work as contract painters at a power plant in Florida, including work near one nuclear reactor.

Progress Energy said at least two workers used identification with false Social Security numbers to enter the facility as part of their contract job, and officials at the Florida Gulf Coast Building and Construction Trades Council said the number could be as high as seven.

"This year, according to the report, some 3 million more illegal aliens will enter the country – "enough to fill 22,000 Boeing 737-700 airliners, or 60 flights every day for a year."

"It's the largest wave of illegal immigration into the country since 2001, and illegal immigration now represents triple the number of immigrants who enter the country legally. "

Assuming that one intending illegal alien eludes capture for every one that is caught -- the statistics indicate that between 4,000 and 6,000 illegal aliens are attempting to cross each night in the Tucson sector alone.

"Even by the most conservative estimates, these numbers indicate that there are as many as 100,000 illegal aliens crossing the border illegally every month – in just one sector," said Tancredo.

moonshine
    Having lived on the Maine/Quebec border in a very mountainous area, I can say that proceeding to/from canada thru a customs booth is entirely optional.

stevenco

#$% Bush AND all his friends!

Homeland security, like the war on drugs, is a fasad. It's just propaganda and mind control.
    Serioiusly, What are we to do differently when they raise the alert to orange? Am I supposed to be more aware, more dilligent-more paranoid? You think we got County problems? These guys are just candy store thieves compared to what we have at the Federal level. I will say that the legacy of the Bush administration will be infamy and shame. Yeah, Al Qaida was soley responsible for 911..and the dish ran away with the spoon.

Re: Homeland (In)Security - what a joke

Originally posted by avet
    Is "Homeland (In)Security" worth all the mega-dollars we are paying, when borders are a "well known" and "throughly acknowledged", GIANT GAPING HOLE ?

Let's raise taxes some more, for Homeland Security, then install valets at the borders, and have them greet illegals and hand out phamlets, "THE FREE BENEFITS YOUR ENTITLED TO AS YOU STEAL OUR JOBS". What a total joke !!!

Illegals at power plant prompt call for legislation
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...3449-5962r.htm

Illegal aliens using false Social Security numbers were able to enter and work as contract painters at a power plant in Florida, including work near one nuclear reactor.

Progress Energy said at least two workers used identification with false Social Security numbers to enter the facility as part of their contract job, and officials at the Florida Gulf Coast Building and Construction Trades Council said the number could be as high as seven.

"This year, according to the report, some 3 million more illegal aliens will enter the country – "enough to fill 22,000 Boeing 737-700 airliners, or 60 flights every day for a year."

"It's the largest wave of illegal immigration into the country since 2001, and illegal immigration now represents triple the number of immigrants who enter the country legally. "

Assuming that one intending illegal alien eludes capture for every one that is caught -- the statistics indicate that between 4,000 and 6,000 illegal aliens are attempting to cross each night in the Tucson sector alone.

"Even by the most conservative estimates, these numbers indicate that there are as many as 100,000 illegal aliens crossing the border illegally every month – in just one sector," said Tancredo.

Hold on to your shorts !!!! I'm sure once Bush is gone then next President will make his cuts and I'm sure Homeland security will be like any other program which fall to the wayside. The President like Bush, I'm sure is allowed to leave a minor amount of resolutions for the incoming president to be followed through with and that's it. The rest will be left up to the next incoming president to place his mark on. I'm sure this is what will happen when Hillary become president, she'll change the White house kitchen and bring in Burger King for Bill....lol
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

The terror scenarios they've just come out with listing possible terror threats to our country is like giving the SAT answers to the students before they take the test. Is it not STUPID to publish a list of possible terror type attacks? Can't you see Osama and Zarkawi looking at this list on CNN and saying...."Oh yeah; great idea!"?

I hate to see conspiracies everywhere but I'm almost inclined to believe that the Bush group wants and hopes the terror groups do take the hints and attack us with one of these scenarios. Then, all America would again rise up in unanimous anger against the terrorist groups ( incl. Moslems and Arabs etc.) and pledge overwhelming support for our President and the war in Iraq. He'd have the sympathy of the "allies" again and his approval rating would again skyrocket. I'm getting paranoid.

Thread Information