Thread: what kind of fools do politicians think we are????

Angry what kind of fools do politicians think we are????

If past performance is any indication of what we are going to get as our leaders, why shoudn't there be a revolt by taxpayers.

Remember in the Frankenstein (or is that Frankenstien) movies where the mob of villagers stormed the castle.

I think that is what we are going to have to do here in Amherst...storm the Town Hall if we really get Billy OH? as a Supervisor who wants to work 2 jobs because he doesn't want a cut in his income.

It's bad enough that he used subtrefuge to get a resoulution passed to cut the Museum budget, then he tries to sell of the Harlem Road Youth Center to a private developer!

But best of all, he not only votes himself a pay raise after only 8 weeks in office, BUT he gives the supporting speech for it.

I DON'T THINK HE HAS ALL THE MONEY PEOPLE SAY HE HAS. After all I have observed about him, I think he is all flash and NO cash!

Billy OH?; are you in this for the money?

Dood, Welcome to reality. It's kinda nice here.

O'Loughlin is a salesman. That's it. Yeah, I know, he calls himself a Financial Vice President and 'the money man', but - really - it boils down to the fact that he is a peddler. I have no clue if he's got gobs of green or is making plans to meet with Jeffrey Freedman before the new codes take effect. Doesn't matter to me.

O'Loughlin won election because of an image he 'sold'. Y'know the wise grandfatherly type that will take care of stuff because of his vast experience/wisdom. I think most folks would be hard pressed to demonstrate that he's executed actions necessary to make that image real.

Remember, he said that he was going to keep the Amherst budget in the forefront all year - not just at budget season. I haven't see that from him. Has anyone?

Remember, he said he was going to return decorum to Town Board meeting. Can anyone sincerely say that the meetings have shifted even a little bit as a result of anything that Bill O'Loughlin has said/done? [Face it, all he's really done is yell at George Richmond and a few others because they don't address him as "Mr." or "Councilman".]

Remember, he said he would present to the public a 'progress report' 100 days into his term. It's a YEAR overdue for cripes sake!

O'Loughlin is the guy that frequently tosses out the fact that he headed the Erie County IDA for a number of years. He also touts that it was during his stint at the ECIDA that the General Motors operation announced it's expansion and commitment to the area. But, if you go back and re-read all that was written about that era, Bill O'Loughlin's name/involvement is virtually non-existant. And, further, can anyone tell me that the ECIDA was truly successful/effective during O'Loughlin's reign... unless I'm mistaken the area declined during O'Loughlin's leadership period. Again, it's a shell image.

Bill O'Loughlin is not the right guy to be placed into an Amherst leadership position because he's not a leader... he's a peddler. Nothing more. Nothing less.

He might have a good balance sheet... but, is that the criteria to be Amherst Supervisor?
    "Let's Kick The Hell Out Of The Status Quo!"

Talking

Here is what I see around town with Billy OH? He seems to be all show and no go!

Wears all the trappings of being successful; good clothes, fancy new car, Stetson cowboy hat (oilman?), great address, knows the right people, however, he has one attribute that keeps him from being perfect.

And that is he would sell his soul, which he has, for higher office with greater public recognition. I don't think he knew what "public office" was. He acts as if "we" are all peons (or is that pee ons) and we should be happy that we have him. I'm just mystified with the product I voted for and what I got.

It is like buying those big bags of potato chips. A huge bag, but when you open it, it is more air than chips. Know what I mean?

Thread Information