Thread: What is the budget shortfall??

Angry What is the budget shortfall??

Is it 14 million or is it 32 million or is it????

Doesn't matter; the defeated 1% Sales Tax increase wouldn't be enough.

What the hell did the Giambra adminsistration think it was doing?? Reports have it that it knew of the impending problems months ago and decided to go on this "red budget ", green budget" bull as a smoke screen to cover up their mismanagement.

Some people seem to think that government cannot be run like a business, like hell. Naples office waits for the executive's office to come up with a "budget"!! One cannot trust the "general manager" to be honest with budget numbers.

Having worked for a major corrugated box plant as assistant controller and controller, I know that big business relies on the controller to be involved in the budget process and must present the local budget to the regional manager along with the local plant manager.

I do know that the G.M, Sales Manager, Plant Manager, Maint. Supervisor and all others come up with bogus numbers, to make everything sound rosy and that the controller must sift through the "bull" and come up with an attainable budget for the local operation.

Giambra, being the former City of Buffalo controller, doesn't have a clue about the budget process in private industry and led this county to ruins by following the "status quo" budget process of government.

The state of the City of Buffalo with the state control board didn't happen over night, it started under Giambra's watch; in his bid for election for as County Executive his constant statements of "smarter, leaner, more efficient government" sounded great, but he can't deliver under the current county budget process just as it didn't work in the City of Buffalo.

The County Controller's office has to be more than a "watch-dog", it must be a "pit-bull" in the budget process and not like Naples' response, "I wait for the Budget Director's numbers.

Bull-crap.

The amount of the shortfall changes daily. It's enough to drive a taxpayer crazy. A full audit is definitely in order.
    Linda
    ==========================

I don't want to move, I want to make a difference.

Thread Information