Thread: How new assessments will affect star allowance

How new assessments will affect star allowance

Presently if you are under age 65 you get a $19,000 assessment reduction,over 65 you get $32,500 .With your rate per $1,000 being reduced you will be getting less off your school tax and picking up a larger amount.Example $20 per $1000 on $19,000 was $380.00 rate change $15.00 per $1000 it now is $285.00 you pick up $95.00 plus whatever raises they make.

Star Allowance = Different property taxation rates based on whatever special-interest group you happen to belong to.

What a great program.

I think we should do that with everything. Democrats should get 1/2 off their hunting and fishing licenses. Blacks should be able to drive through the "blacks only" toll lane (1/2 price) on the Thruway. Women should be able to buy gas at a discount. White men should be exempted from sales tax on dancing lessons (white men are dance-disabled).

How many civil servants administer STAR?

How many programs do we really need?

Perhaps if taxes wern't so high, there wouldn't be a need for these programs...
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

Good call Curm. I'm sick of these stupid "programs", jumping thru hoops kind of BS too. Just lower the freakin taxes already. They should be jumping thru hoops for us and telling us where the hell all our tax money goes. Do they even know? I'm going to make them fill in a stupid form first, then maybe I'll pay my tax. It will be called the 'iogd program'.

How much extra do these programs cost to maintain?

Would killing the programs, and then lowering the tax rate accordingly offset the added logistical expense of these programs?

I have a feeling the answer could be "yes"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    BUt then the governments don't employee people.. How could you say that!

We need a governor that will kick ass....

Thread Information