Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Few homes for hens in Amherst

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    Yes, the unenforceable noise ordinances, especially in Lancaster. The noise has to be so many decibels above the average ambient noise level. There's two problems, the police have no way of knowing what the ambient local noise level is, and the police don't carry noise meters with them. The way the law is written, it's almost impossible to enforce.

Before I say this, I want it to be know I pick up after my dogs. However, the dog scooper laws are kinda dumb. Let's put something that will bio-degrade in a few weeks in a plastic bag that could take up to 10,000 years to bio-degrade. I am stretching it a bit. I use the plastic grocery bags that bio-degrade faster.

When was the last time anyone heard this law was enforced? Did anyone here ever get caught violating the dog scooper law? What happened to you?
    They have Dog regs in the code but no nuisance of odor from cat pi$$ ordinance. WHY?

Georgia L Schlager

Remember this big to do about raising chickens in Amherst. The biggest deal was the woman - Karen Marks - in Eggertsville (on Capen, IIRC). Remember how adamant she was that she wanted these chickens at her home for the health benefits for her children? Remember that? (Yes, she played the "it's for the children card!")

So, the Marks' moved right after all this went down. They moved to a different part of Amherst... still very developed... and far from in any way "agricultural."

One would logically think that she'd move her chickens there, right? I mean, just because you move doesn't change the health benefits for the kids, right?

Yeah, well, to my knowledge, this woman doesn't have chickens in her yard anymore.

I don't know what angle/game she was trying to play but she has shown herself to be rather - shall I say - "fluid" in her so-called convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    Remember this big to do about raising chickens in Amherst. The biggest deal was the woman - Karen Marks - in Eggertsville (on Capen, IIRC). Remember how adamant she was that she wanted these chickens at her home for the health benefits for her children? Remember that? (Yes, she played the "it's for the children card!")

So, the Marks' moved right after all this went down. They moved to a different part of Amherst... still very developed... and far from in any way "agricultural."

One would logically think that she'd move her chickens there, right? I mean, just because you move doesn't change the health benefits for the kids, right?

Yeah, well, to my knowledge, this woman doesn't have chickens in her yard anymore.

I don't know what angle/game she was trying to play but she has shown herself to be rather - shall I say - "fluid" in her so-called convictions.
    It probably took her awhile to figure out that it was easier to buy her eggs at the supermarket...and to visit Col. Sanders when she had a taste for KFC!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information