Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Few homes for hens in Amherst

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Common sense.

This chickens would be louder than the turkeys or song birds or the blaring siren in the back ground?

Look how puffy he is about 47 seconds in

Isn't a turkey poultry?
    Do your dogs ever try catching a turkey for dinner

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    One of the neighbor's larger dog chases them occasionally but never caught one.

Llamas. Now there's a pet for you. Llamas are cool. Or is it Alpacas? I always get the two confused.

WNYresident, how much you selling the turkeys for? Can I buy one. I need a mate for the one who roosts in my neighbor's pine trees. You know how it is when you live in the most densely populated area of Lancaster. There's wild animals everywhere.

The Amherst woman who wants chickens lives on Capen. Are we being spoofed here? Does she live on a street named Capen, or does she live by eating Capen. (Damn, the word's spelled capon. My bad.)

I can see why people on Capen don't want chickens in their neighborhood. The chickens might relieve themselves on their Rolls Royces. (It's a joke people.)

My thoughts today are: Not allowing people to grow their own meat is a capitalist/corporate conspiracy. The big meat men got together and lobbied government to make it illegal for individuals to raise their own meat. That way they can control the price and quality of meet. They can shoot them up with all the steroids and poisons and feed them whatever offal they will eat. It's time to stand up to corporate greed. I propose we all buy chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, goats, cows, bulls, and yes, even Llamas and use them to occupy Wall Street. I'd like to see the man trying to catch some bull. Just imagine the effect on the government when all our town squares are occupied by farm animals?

Why am I being so sarcastic? Because, to me, this is a silly situation. The world isn't going to end if two people of the same sex.....(sorry got confused)...the world isn't going to end if people have a couple of chickens in their back yard.
    Last edited by gshowell; March 20th, 2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: I felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post

- snip -

I can see why people on Capen don't want chickens in their neighborhood. The chickens might relieve themselves on their Rolls Royces. (It's a joke people.)

- snip -
    What the hell is that supposed to mean (joke or not)?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Llamas. Now there's a pet for you. Llamas are cool. Or is it Alpacas? I always get the two confused.

WNYresident, how much you selling the turkeys for? Can I buy one. I need a mate for the one who roosts in my neighbor's pine trees. You know how it is when you live in the most densely populated area of Lancaster. There's wild animals everywhere.

The Amherst woman who wants chickens lives on Capen. Are we being spoofed here? Does she live on a street named Capen, or does she live by eating Capen. (Damn, the word's spelled capon. My bad.)

My thoughts today are: Not allowing people to grow their own meat is a capitalist/corporate conspiracy. The big meat men got together and lobbied government to make it illegal for individuals to raise their own meat. That way they can control the price and quality of meet. They can shoot them up with all the steroids and poisons and feed them whatever offal they will eat. It's time to stand up to corporate greed. I propose we all buy chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, goats, cows, bulls, and yes, even Llamas and use them to occupy Wall Street. I'd like to see the man trying to catch some bull. Just imagine the effect on the government when all our town squares are occupied by farm animals?

Why am I being so sarcastic? Because, to me, this is a silly situation. The world isn't going to end if two people of the same sex.....(sorry got confused)...the world isn't going to end if people have a couple of chickens in their back yard.
    I'll make you a deal. I'll let you try catch one for free if you let me video record it. I think wild turkeys are stringy compared to chemically grown turkeys. Or you can try a large box trap.

Weird looking...

turkey

Here is something the anti-chicken people don't understand. If the person does not live next to you why do you care? I could see a concern about having someone start up a "chicken farm" with more than 1/2 dozen chickens being an issue but not a few.

I literally have herd of wild turkeys wandering through the yard and neighbors yards. Much larger than chickens and no one seems to care.

turkey cheektowaga

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    What the hell is that supposed to mean (joke or not)?
    What do you think it means?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hey Gary,

Did you ever eat one of these?

Possum in Tree Cheektowaga

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Or one of these as an appetizer?

Chipmunk

He lives or she lives in the plastic drain spout.

This one lives near the dump

Anoping turtle

These are like m&m's. There 1000's in the woods...

snail macro

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    Did you ever eat one of these?

Opossum stew, yuck. They look like fat rodents

Georgia L Schlager

What do you think it means?
    I dunno. That's why I asked. Duh.

Alas, no responsive reply yet though.

I'll make you a deal. I'll let you try catch one for free if you let me video record it. I think wild turkeys are stringy compared to chemically grown turkeys. Or you can try a large box trap.

Weird looking...

turkey

Here is something the anti-chicken people don't understand. If the person does not live next to you why do you care? I could see a concern about having someone start up a "chicken farm" with more than 1/2 dozen chickens being an issue but not a few.

I literally have herd of wild turkeys wandering through the yard and neighbors yards. Much larger than chickens and no one seems to care.

turkey cheektowaga
    The difference between "wild" and "raised" is a big difference.

People raise dogs and sell them so next thing you'll be arguing is why can't she raise pet chickens and sell then to Colonel Sanders?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The difference between "wild" and "raised" is a big difference.

People raise dogs and sell them so next thing you'll be arguing is why can't she raise pet chickens and sell then to Colonel Sanders?
    How could you if there is a limit? If the limit is 6 as example and you have 3 you'll top out at 6 if you hatched 3 chickens. Colonel Sanders wants volume. Going to an extreme examples doesn't help your case.

I've never ate possum or chipmunk. I once had a pet chipmunk that I fed peanuts all the time. He got eaten by a cooper's hawk.

I like a good turtle soup. Snails? I tried them once. They're a cheap excuse to eat garlic and olive oil.

Regarding the joke about chickens relieving themselves. What did I mean by that? It was a bigoted, anti-capitalist, anti-conservative joke about Capen Blvd. However, In my defense, I can make a joke like that because other people say I live in a neighborhood with truffles in every pot and a Rolls in every garage. It's like Italians (I'm part Italian) can tell jokes about Italians, but non-Italians can't. I live in a neighborhood that's supposedly like Capen, so I can make jokes about it.

Now, I know what you're going to say: Everyone who lives on Capen is not a bloated, stinking rich, capitalist pig. I know that because it's the same in my neighborhood.

You're also going to say there's nothing wrong with being rich. I agree.

You're also going to say I'm picking on rich people. Maybe I was, a little bit.

What you're not going to say is: it's a joke. How do I know? Cause, I said it was a joke, and you're still asking me what I meant by it.

- snip -

...a neighborhood that's ... like Capen...

- snip -

Tell me, what exactly (in your mind) are the characteristics of a neihborhood "like Capen"... and, I guess, yours?

And, yeah, I realize you were going for the joke. But, truth is, I had no intention of saying any of that other stuff.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    Tell me, what exactly (in your mind) are the characteristics of a neihborhood "like Capen"... and, I guess, yours?

And, yeah, I realize you were going for the joke. But, truth is, I had no intention of saying any of that other stuff.
    Gary is a cool guy. He meant is as a joke..

But there are neighborhoods in any community where the people are basically snobs. They actually think they are better than other people.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information