Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, A beautiful day for a neighbor..

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Not necessarily - because the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" (follow him.) It wasn't an actual order to stop - more of a suggestion.
    and one that it looks like the evidence points to Zimmerman following....
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    and you sir are?
    Walmart greeter I thought you knew that..

My take is this - Zimmerman probably was/is a well-meaning guy who was trying to do the right thing. Saw a young black kid walking down the street, and, as many of us would do, he got suspicious.
    But, Zimmerman got a little caught up. And, it's obvious from the 911 call, the he didn't stop perusing when the dispatcher suggested he stop (you can tell by the wind interference on the phone.)
    He was staring down the kid, and chasing him. The kid saw him staring him down, and chasing, and it got physical. The was acting in self defense. Once it got physical, I suppose you could make the argument that Zimmerman was acting in self defense, but that seems a little far fetched.

Put yourself in the kid's shoes. Someone is clearly following you - what do you do? You either run away, or your run towards.
    Actually you are probably right on with this explanation. Jesting & button pushing aside (hey, have to generate traffic for Res to get his ads in) - I have the same conclusion as you here but the evidence does suggest that Zimmermen did stop following.

All in all a very sad story for everyone involved. Also very sad to see some trying to make hay out of this - Jackson and Sharpton are crazy loons.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Walmart greeter I thought you knew that..
    lol..... naw, he is not old enough yet... close 8-)

and one that it looks like the evidence points to Zimmerman following....
    What evidence have you seen that Zimmerman stopped following him?
    I'm sure you've listened to the 911 call. It becomes clear when Zimmerman starts chasing him - you can hear the wind on the phone. In fact, that's why the dispatcher said "are you following him?" When the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that," Zimmerman says "OK," but, it seems obvious (from the wind,) that he hasn't stopped.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder if the gated community had any video cameras setup.

Actually you are probably right on with this explanation. Jesting & button pushing aside (hey, have to generate traffic for Res to get his ads in) - I have the same conclusion as you here but the evidence does suggest that Zimmermen did stop following.
    So, if you agree with my conclusion (albeit based only what we've read - surely not all the facts)....then what if you're saying is that if I chase you down the street, and I'm armed, and you're not....and you turn around and confront me (cause I've been chasing you,).....then if I kill you, it would be OK, because it's self defense?

Or (again, based simply on our assumptions,) maybe you don't think that the shooting was justified.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What justifies someone shooting someone if you are out in the open? It wasn't like he was cornered or a few against one. It also wasn't like in was in his home and it was a break in.

From the news in Florida : Expert Says State Attorney's Office Held Charge

POSTED: 5:29 am EDT March 28, 2012
    UPDATED: 6:00 am EDT March 28, 2012

SANFORD, Fla. -- George Zimmerman, the volunteer neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Florida teen Trayvon Martin, was nearly charged with manslaughter the night of February 26.

That claim comes from a law enforcement expert, Wolfgang Halbig, who reviewed the Sanford Police Department's report.

Halbig said police officers recommended the manslaughter charge and that it was the State Attorney's Office that decided not to move forward with the charge.

"Whether you are a sheriff or a police chief, the state attorney is the one who decides," Halbig said.

Sanford police officials said they object to Halbig's claim because say the charge was not a recommendation; rather, it was something to be reviewed by the state attorney.

State Attorney Norm Wolfinger's office would not comment, noting that a special prosecutor now has the case.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-e...#ixzz1qQgBviHV

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What justifies someone shooting someone if you are out in the open? It wasn't like he was cornered or a few against one. It also wasn't like in was in his home and it was a break in.
    I'm sure you can use some imagination to answer that question. Whether it's relevant in this case is something that will only come out when all the evidence is shown.

The same.... you are thinking of another picture....

I'm LOOKING at your picture. Different children. Different noses, ears, lips, distances to each.
    You need to stop relying on the Internet for your information.

b.b.

What evidence have you seen that Zimmerman stopped following him?
    I'm sure you've listened to the 911 call. It becomes clear when Zimmerman starts chasing him - you can hear the wind on the phone. In fact, that's why the dispatcher said "are you following him?" When the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that," Zimmerman says "OK," but, it seems obvious (from the wind,) that he hasn't stopped.
    The wind could keep blowing on the way back to the car - no? We will never know the truth of this one. That is for sure.

So, if you agree with my conclusion (albeit based only what we've read - surely not all the facts)....then what if you're saying is that if I chase you down the street, and I'm armed, and you're not....and you turn around and confront me (cause I've been chasing you,).....then if I kill you, it would be OK, because it's self defense?

Or (again, based simply on our assumptions,) maybe you don't think that the shooting was justified.
    I do not think the man should have shot the kid, yes. The kid was unarmed from all appearances. My beef with this whole story is how the TRUE racists (IE Jackson, Sharpton, and TNBPP, plus others) have tried to use this story to make hay! That really perturbs me.

Color of skin or whatever should not matter - but it does to these personified idiots and the loon liberal press.

Now that said, justified is something I cannot comment on with the evidence as we know it. I can say - I would not have pulled the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    I'm LOOKING at your picture. Different children. Different noses, ears, lips, distances to each.
    You need to stop relying on the Internet for your information.

b.b.
    Okay Bob, that is the picture that Matt Drudge posted. He was blasted for it, but then people apologized to him. Is it real or not. Do not know now.

The second part of your post - an assumption that is arbitrary - much reliable information is posted on the internet. Yes, much garbage too.

Frank I have one question to ask you and others, because this is my one beef with this incident.

Do you think Zimmerman should have been taken to jail right after the incident happen because he actually shot and killed someone ?

If he would have, it wouldn't be so much arising all over the nation. This is what people seem to don't understand. People think it's racist because if Zimmerman who's dad is WHITE and mother is Peruvian was the one who got murdererd under the same circumstances I guarantee you the black kid would have been locked up the same night,

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information