Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Has Some Of The Most Beautiful Neighborhood Churches

moadib

Buffalo Has Some Of The Most Beautiful Neighborhood Churches

BUFFALO HAS SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL NEIGHBORHOOD CHURCHES

OF ALL THE CITIES THAT I HAVE VISITED, FEW CITIES COMPARE TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD CHURCHES OF BUFFALO.....

EVERY CHURCH WAS DESIGNED, BUILT AND HAND CRAFTED WITH THE LOVE OF THE COMMUNITY....ITS VERY EASY TO FEEL THE PRESENCE OF GOD WHEN PRACTICING YOUR FAITH.

SUBURBAN CHURCHES ARE LITTLE BETTER THAN HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIAS....WHETHER IN BUFFALO OR ELSEWHERE IN THE COUNTRY.....

THATS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT MAKES BUFFALO TRULY UNIQUE AND ITS NEIGHBORHOODS SO VERY SPECIAL.

Re: Buffalo Has Some Of The Most Beautiful Neighborhood Churches

Originally posted by moadib
    ....ITS VERY EASY TO FEEL THE PRESENCE OF GOD
    What if you don't believe in God??
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

stevenco

Re: Buffalo Has Some Of The Most Beautiful Neighborhood Churches

Originally posted by moadib
    SUBURBAN CHURCHES ARE LITTLE BETTER THAN HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIAS....WHETHER IN BUFFALO OR ELSEWHERE IN THE COUNTRY.....

Evidently, you haven't spent sany time in New England

Moadib... nice observation. Buffalo really does have some beautiful churches. I have traveled along the eastern seaboard through 15 states (includling New England) Nova Scotia, New Foundland, PEI, and in the West -- through most of the missions and I have to say we are fortunate. We also have the jewel in the Basilica.

I never got to visit St. Mary's before it burned. I wish I had though. My father's family came from Germany and were carpenters who did alot of the wood work in there.

stevenco

Lightbulb Re: Re: Buffalo Has Some Of The Most Beautiful Neighborhood Churches

Originally posted by HipKat
    What if you don't believe in God??

Then it isn't.

moadib

HipKat, if you are an atheist...well then appreciate the asthetic craftsmanship

HipKat, if you are an atheist...well then appreciate the asthetic craftsmanship

Much of the Buffalo was built with old growth lumber. Buildings that were supposed to last centuries. All built by hand, hand crafted by skilled artisans...

For everyone that is complaining about tight streets and obsolete homes....thats not the problem...the problem is jobs.

Boston, Providence, NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Richmond....all the way to Charleston people live in homes that are 100+ years old and their expensive, even cities like Pittsburgh and Columbus-OH

So its not the lot size or the architecture or the floor plan...its that there arent enough jobs....

People like the suburbs because there are more jobs, better schools and there is more wealth there which makes people value living there...

If there were more jobs in Buffalo then the schools would be better the neighborhoods more affluent and people would value their homes and neighborhoods more...

What makes a neighborhood decay and loose value or gentrify and appreciate......their proximity to jobs. Simple.

Buffalo has alot to be blessed with for a city its size and we dont appreciate it because we are to busy struggling....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

moadib:

I got your back on this. Just go to Father Bakers in Lackcity and marvel at what man has done in the name of his God and you will know just what man with God is capable of. Hey Don't believe if you must but let God be for the rest of us! For the enemy we fight
    believes in his God All right!

stevenco

Question Too many religions

"Many religous beliefs steer people away. The only thing that all the major monotheistic religions have right is what they all have in common-God, good etc...
    What they differ on is all wrong and the cause for wars."
    -Steveco

What they differ on is all wrong and the cause for wars."
    -Steveco
    Where does war not exisist?
    For it exists everywhere.
    From the single cell omeba to the vast universe in which we live.
    Struggle and death come to all in the phyisical plane.
    The spiritual plane is where true battles are won!
    The struggle for the spirit of freedom!
    The struggle to achieve ones goals!
    A war does exist in every mans soul!
    Find Yours if you can!
    For war does exist in the soul and being of man!

As a young RC, we used to ride our bicycles to at least 7 churches on Holy Thurs in S Bflo. What I have found is that many of the churches with all the beautiful architecture and stained glass windows are fallen into gross disrepair.

This is due to lack of maintenence and declining parishonal enrollment. Many of these grand edifaces were built in late 19th and early 20th centuries.

While they are grand, there is a real question that comes up - are they worth saving or can tha money be spent better elswhere ?

This (IMHO) need to be discussed.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by bflonum1fan
    As a young RC, we used to ride our bicycles to at least 7 churches on Holy Thurs in S Bflo. What I have found is that many of the churches with all the beautiful architecture and stained glass windows are fallen into gross disrepair.

This is due to lack of maintenence and declining parishonal enrollment. Many of these grand edifaces were built in late 19th and early 20th centuries.

While they are grand, there is a real question that comes up - are they worth saving or can tha money be spent better elswhere ?

This (IMHO) need to be discussed.
    PLus the cost for upkeep afterwards. Thats why i'm mixed on the richardson complex. $100,000,000 and then we are stuck paying to heat the place.

stevenco
    Originally posted by IAMGONEFROMHERE
    Where does war not exisist?
    For it exists everywhere.
    From the single cell omeba to the vast universe in which we live.
    Struggle and death come to all in the phyisical plane.
    The spiritual plane is where true battles are won!
    The struggle for the spirit of freedom!
    The struggle to achieve ones goals!
    A war does exist in every mans soul!
    Find Yours if you can!
    For war does exist in the soul and being of man!
    ============================================

So, then since colonies of microbes attack each other on a daily basis, this justifies the actions of say, Adolf Hitler?
    Bush can say, "Oh, we're just animals. It's what we do." ???

what about thou shalt not kill?

Who said it is justified? I said it is just fact!

I find it funny that anyone who is anti-war will most certianly bring up "thou shalt not kill". Never mentioning the fact that in the rest of the old Testament that God sent the Jews into battle all the time. They where to kill their enemy and drive them into the sea!
    Which leads to the fact that "thou shalt not kill" does not mean thou shalt not go to war and vanquish your enemy. Peace does not and can not exist with out war.

stevenco

Smile

Originally posted by IAMGONEFROMHERE

!

Peace does not and can not exist with out war.
    That makes no sense; at all.

I think peace cannot exist without peace

It's nice to have a civil discussion, isn't it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information