Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Has Some Of The Most Beautiful Neighborhood Churches

That makes no sense; at all.

I think peace cannot exist without peace

Sure it makes sense. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Forward/Backward, Straight/Curve, Tall/Short,
    Peace/War, and on and on.
    Peace can not stand alone for there will always be something or someone out there that finds peace to mean something different then the perception you may have about peace. Peace maybe a universal word but it does have as many perceptions.

stevenco

Question balance

Okay, then according to your theory we NEED as you put it, "terrorism in Buffalo" so that we can have peace, here, right?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Without sadness there will never be happiness

Okay, then according to your theory we NEED as you put it, "terrorism in Buffalo" so that we can have peace, here, right?

Already is!
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forum/show...&threadid=2038

This thread is getting too wierd . . . I'm outta here !
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

stevenco

Arrow

me too

Originally posted by IAMGONEFROMHERE
    Peace does not and can not exist with out war.
    Originally posted by IAMGONEFROMHERE
    Sure it makes sense. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Forward/Backward, Straight/Curve, Tall/Short,
    Peace/War, and on and on.
    Peace can not stand alone for there will always be something or someone out there that finds peace to mean something different then the perception you may have about peace. Peace maybe a universal word but it does have as many perceptions.
    Your analogies are really nonsense, IAMGONEFROMHERE. You're using examples from science to bolster your own philosophical beliefs without understanding the science!

Sorry, but the fact that grey wolves hunt prey species in packs does not mean they're at war with elk or bison because they want to expand their territory or avenge some "wrong" ; it means they're hungry!

New Thread. We are way of topic.

stevenco

Lightbulb open mind

I wonder how long it would take to surf through this forum to find an instance where one person was very adamant one way on an issue but changed their mind due to the fact that they were enlightened by what another poster said and considered new information and another perspective and were then persuaded to change their mind to agree with the "other" perspective and admit it?

Which leads to the fact that "thou shalt not kill" does not mean thou shalt not go to war and vanquish your enemy.
    Maybe it should, especially when the enemy we're vanquishing did absolutely nothing to provoke our wrath. It's kind of like declaring war on surfers and then invading Vermont.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Buffalo truly does have great churches. I love the architecture; it is just so beautiful.No, I'm no religious nut; I'm an agnostic. I believe in a God, not any particular God. And don't believe in any organized religion.

Having said that, checkout these pictures of Buffalo's churches: http://www.pbase.com/kjosker/churches

Truly a labor of love...

Hack:

Great post; I added to my favorites.

It included one of my favorite churches: Blessed Trinity on Leroy Avenue. Rumor was that it was considered the seat of the Diocese when St. Joseph's New Cathedral was torn down. Passed by because of lack of parking. I think there were other issues at work. Not much parking at St. Joseph's, old.

stevenco

Smile

Originally posted by WNYresident
    Without sadness there will never be happiness
    I think without happiness there will never be happiness.

It included one of my favorite churches: Blessed Trinity on Leroy Avenue.
    Biker, Blessed Trinity was my church growing up. It is highlighted in the Buffalo-made movie "Manna from Heaven" It is a real jewel. I heard that there is a group that organizes church tours in buffalo and BT is on the list.

When I was visiting Pittsburgh a couple of years ago I got a flat in a run down area not too unlike Leroy/Fillmore. As I waited for my tire to be fixed, I saw a church down the street and walked over to pass the time. As I got closer, I noticed that it was set up as a tourist attraction with a small admission fee. It was in beautiful condition and the grounds were well cared for. What a great idea.

I went to Religious Ed at Blessed Trinity while attending School 61. My home parish at the time was St Francis DeSales where I made my First Communion, but it was too far from 61 so we had Rel Ed at BT. Both Churches were beautiful.

Also, if you've never been to St Stanislaus Church, you are missing a real treat. What a spectacular place, still in use, and undergoing renovations. It is a jewel on the East Side and could be a catalyst to revive that area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information