• Yes

37 62.71%
  • No

22 37.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential RIOTS

Unregistered

Presidential RIOTS

I'm fairly confident there will be riots across the country if Barack Obama is not elected.

Do you think anyone will riot if he is elected?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    I'm fairly confident there will be riots across the country if Barack Obama is not elected.

Do you think anyone will riot if he is elected?
    I actually think it will be the reverse. I think there will be a riot if he (Obama) wins, much like what happens after a city wins a major sporting event.

Also, I think a riot would have ensued if instead of Gore, Obama had lost Florida back in 2000. That would have made many feel that the "white man" fixed the election. I guess since Gore and Kerry both lost in consecutive elections, by the slimmest of margins, that if Obama were to lose in the same fashion today that it wouldn't have such a big impact.

Did anyone see the report on CNN about the HUGE amount of poitical signs being stolen of of peoples front yards???

It's crazy!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Did anyone see the report on CNN about the HUGE amount of poitical signs being stolen of of peoples front yards???

It's crazy!
    I've been burning Obama/Biden signs in my fireplace for the last couple days.

Firewood isn't cheap, but Obama is.

No he's not, he's gonig to take all my money and give it away!

You got that right!

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us
    You got that right!
    See the Obama's Cheap thread for an explanation.

You should ask Bush and Cheney to lower the fuel prices. You might have a better winter then..

Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    You should ask Bush and Cheney to lower the fuel prices. You might have a better winter then..
    No Obama, Hey the country will burn guarantee it.

Nobody will riot.
    A comment was made by a political figure on CNN that if Obama is seven points or more ahead in the polls, wins the popular vote and dosen't win the election there would be "Caos".
    Rush Limbaugh mis quoted him and used the word "riots" to stir up some racial fears. Now the underground McCain campaign, of which Limbaugh is the chief spokesman, has siezed on it and is talking it up.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by citymouse View Post
    Nobody will riot.
    A comment was made by a political figure on CNN that if Obama is seven points or more ahead in the polls, wins the popular vote and dosen't win the election there would be "Caos".
    Rush Limbaugh mis quoted him and used the word "riots" to stir up some racial fears. Now the underground McCain campaign, of which Limbaugh is the chief spokesman, has siezed on it and is talking it up.
    People were ready to riot depending on the outcome of the OJ Simpson murder trial.

Do you honestly think those very same people won't riot over Obama not being elected?

Quote Originally Posted by citymouse View Post
    Nobody will riot.
    This is how ignorant the electorate is. The popular vote doesn't mean anything. We elect our POTUS by the electoral college. You can be ahead in the popular and not win the electoral college. You can not win both and lose the election.

Public safety officials said in interviews with The Hill that the election, which will end with either the nation’s first black president or its first female vice president, demanded a stronger police presence.

Some worry that if Barack Obama loses and there is suspicion of foul play in the election, violence could ensue in cities with large black populations. Others based the need for enhanced patrols on past riots in urban areas (following professional sports events) and also on Internet rumors.
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...008-10-21.html
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Civil unrest after election?

You know, it's all well and good to joke about how fired up people are getting about this election. All I know is I'm going to cast my vote, and live with the outcome, whoever wins. I know that is what the majority of Americans will do. But now I'm hearing more and more internet rumor about how if X, Y, or Z happens some people may not take it well and there could be violent outbursts or riots in some localities. What a bunch of internet crazies, right?

Well, sadly, maybe not. A recent article from a relatively reliable publication stated that several major cities (such as Philadelphia, Oakland, Detroit, Chicago, etc etc etc) are putting on extra police in the aftermath of election day --- some even putting riot cops or SWAT teams on duty in case things get out of hand.

Even James Carville has apparently said that if there are perceived electoral irregularities things may get out of control to the point that the protests in Ohio in '04 "would be very small to what would happen in 2008."

Ugh. I'm 99.99% sure nothing is going to happen and this is all hype. This is a peaceful country -- or at least I'd like it to be. But that other .01%, well... If it happens it is going to be interesting as a West Side homeowner.

Thoughts?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHill.com
    Democratic strategists and advocates for black voters say they understand officers wanting to keep the peace, but caution that excessive police presence could intimidate voters.
    Sounds like they're already making excuses as to why they'll riot.

The "po-po" intimidated us into rioting.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information