Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Class Paper

Class Paper

My co-worker has an 11 year old daughter that attends public school. Her class watched the ceremony Tuesday as part of a class project. The teacher then asked them to write a paper on why it was a good thing for America that Obama was elected President?

Does that sound right?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77 View Post
    My co-worker has an 11 year old daughter that attends public school. Her class watched the ceremony Tuesday as part of a class project. The teacher then asked them to write a paper on why it was a good thing for America that Obama was elected President?

Does that sound right?
    What if the kid disagreed and doesn't think it is a good thing? I thought that in the USA we allowed to have our own opinion. Apparently not. Where's the media hype for this?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    What if the kid disagreed and doesn't think it is a good thing? I thought that in the USA we allowed to have our own opinion. Apparently not. Where's the media hype for this?
    I didn't think it sounded right either. I told the father he should talk to the teacher.........Let the kids write a paper about the changing of power instead.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Sneakers: It sounds like the teacher is wanting the students to talk about the positive aspects they may have heard about Obama at home, reading the paper, watching TV, talking with their peers, etc. Hopefully this young child is not surrounded by Mc Cain supporters

I can see an 11 year old child writing about Obama being a good role model for young children. It seemed that the children, young adults at the inauguration (functions) were mesmerized by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    ... were mesmerized by him.
    They sure were.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

They sure were.
    Mesue: What's your take on his election? Do you think he will follow through on most of his promises?

Mesue: What's your take on his election? Do you think he will follow through on most of his promises?
    It depends on what day he made the promise. He's changed his mind on so many things it's hard to say. And maybe that's why he did that, so he can ask "Aren't I allowed to change my mind?"
    Hate him all you (not you in particular unless you do) want but at least you knew where Bush stood.
    As an aside; I think Alan Keyes would have made a better president, unfortunately he didn't run. But maybe Obama opened the door for him.

It depends on what day he made the promise. He's changed his mind on so many things it's hard to say. And maybe that's why he did that, so he can ask "Aren't I allowed to change my mind?"
    Hate him all you (not you in particular unless you do) want but at least you knew where Bush stood.
    As an aside; I think Alan Keyes would have made a better president, unfortunately he didn't run. But maybe Obama opened the door for him.
    I am optimistic but cautious. It all sounds so good ....let's hope it's true

I am optimistic but cautious. It all sounds so good ....let's hope it's true
    There's the kicker. How many times has your mother said "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." ?

So, back during the election, I suppose that you were NOT one of the people who were saying that Obama lacked the experience to be President?

Because, correct me if I' wrong, but I think that your candidate of choice has run for office about a dozen times or so - but never won.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    So, back during the election, I suppose that you were NOT one of the people who were saying that Obama lacked the experience to be President?

Because, correct me if I' wrong, but I think that your candidate of choice has run for office about a dozen times or so - but never won.
    He has experience running
    Seriously
    He was a diplomat which is better than a community adviser, do you really want to go there? My God rising! Your man won, let it go.

Going Negative

Sneakers: It sounds like the teacher is wanting the students to talk about the positive aspects they may have heard about Obama at home, reading the paper, watching TV, talking with their peers, etc.
    "Talk to the teacher,"... for what? The audacity in presenting a feel-good topic for a writing assignment? R U nutz? It was only THE most positive day for Americans in a really long time. Probably 90% of all earthlings with media access had some sort of positive vibe and wished us well, and you and your friend want to talk to the teacher?

My guess is that the teacher was basically assigning a current event essay. We're happy we have a new President
    Last edited by buffy; January 22nd, 2009 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    "Talk to the teacher,"... for what? The audacity in presenting a feel-good topic for a writing assignment? R U nutz? It was only THE most positive day for Americans in a really long time. Probably 90% of all earthlings with media access had some sort of positive vibe and wished us well, and you and your friend want to talk to the teacher?

My guess is that the teacher was basically assigning a current event essay. We're happy we have a new President

Hey I am in the 10% bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466 View Post
    Hey I am in the 10% bracket.
    I was speaking categorically...I mentioned a positive day for Americans, and then the other 90% of earthlings with media access

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post

Almost 100% were happy when Hitler was named the Chancellor/Premier/Dictator of Germany.........& people in Germany were even more unhappy then those of us here at the present time in our country............
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information