What a year this could be for the Town of Cheektowaga Town board elections. Could we actually see people go to the polls and actually vote for the individual and not the party? I attended a meeting last night at the Bellvue Fire Department and was SHOCKED to learn that Mr. Stan Kaznowski is just another Political Appointee by the Town Board. His opponent Mr. Gerald Kaminski stated that Mr. Kaznowski was appointed to last year even though he placed last in the General Election. To say the least i had to check and see if he was correct, and he was. So is this how our town who says they respect us as taxpayers and voters does things. It appalls me to think that the Town of Cheektowaga Board that we elected, and i say elected by voting would go that far by appointing the guy with the least amount of votes to fill a vacated seat. Should'nt it be the next in line with number of votes.

Im not picking on Mr. Kaznowski, he cant help that he has some friends on the town board that worry about him more than what the voters want!

So i say this as a Democrat in the Town that i think it is time to get some balance with the town and vote for the person not the party! It is time for some change. I think it might suprise alot of people to see what the other party could bring to the Town.