Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: School board 2012

Post Too Funny! TYPICAL Lackawanna mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    What does it matter to you if taxes go up,You dont seem to pay yours anyway, just sayin. Instead of sitting on this site, complaining and bad mouthing usually good people , get off your fat lazy ass and go make a difference, go volunteer at the schools,clean up your neighborhood,go to the boys and girls club and help out, boy scouts girl scouts, something positive for once. just somemore BLAH BLAH BLAH, dont forget way more of our tax money goes toward welfare which in turn takes away from education monies able to be spent, I wonder which is more important to you, lets cut taxes and lets cut welfare instead of education, but one system supports you, I dont hear you bitching about that!
    Go make a difference??!! Too funny!
    What Boys and Girls Club, lack? BTW, you cleaned up our neighborhood when you moved out. Thanks. But you keep coming back for those votes, don't you?!?

I knew as soon as I posted what I did that YOU "lackawanna #1" would pounce on me like a troll does when someone tries to cross what he thinks is HIS bridge! "fat lazy ass" ???!!!??? I bet you have a few close to you too! That caliber of a remark immediately tells me/US about your IQ and character.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones BUT names will never hurt me "! And YOU are how old now?....Pushing 50 aren't you?!?

" Give me-US a break and get off of your broken record attempts of trying to make me go away with your personal insults. Please tell us, what is YOUR educational level, lack?
    Have the guts to post YOUR resume on here like I have.....just because YOU are on the school board does not mean anything to me because LA politics is all about a popularity contest and who is beholding to who because of the jobs/promises! I know I can easily match my decades of personal and professional accomplishments against yours! So give it up and get over yourself. Are you worried about the up-coming budget because we are close to being on the NYS "troubled school" list?

Let's keep this real. Your opinion of me does not matter at all...... The education of ALL LA children, City/School employees who care about their job duties, raising of taxes without representation, and a true transparent government in all are my only concerns.
    Please try and grow up, lack1 and company........ You can take your blah-blah-blah and shove it where ever you want to.........a word of caution though, beware of evil-doing....ask the City Hall folks who came after me about their recent losses!
    Sitting on this site?!? Too funny!

Contribute something of substance regarding the issues/future direction of OUR, NOT-YOUR, Lackawanna Schools/City and just stop your "bit*****" about me, Andrea Haxton. Community Activist/Political Consultant. Do you really think you are doing a good job for the district? Business First will soon be grading YOU! Can't wait!
    P.S. Have a nice day, sweetie!

Post Who is kidding who? Shut-UP Already!

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Go make a difference??!! Too funny!
    What Boys and Girls Club, lack? BTW, you cleaned up our neighborhood when you moved out. Thanks. But you keep coming back for those votes, don't you?!?

I knew as soon as I posted what I did that YOU "lackawanna #1" would pounce on me like a troll does when someone tries to cross what he thinks is HIS bridge! "fat lazy ass" ???!!!??? I bet you have a few close to you too! That caliber of a remark immediately tells me/US about your IQ and character.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones BUT names will never hurt me "! And YOU are how old now?....Pushing 50 aren't you?!?

" Give me-US a break and get off of your broken record attempts of trying to make me go away with your personal insults. Please tell us, what is YOUR educational level, lack?
    Have the guts to post YOUR resume on here like I have.....just because YOU are on the school board does not mean anything to me because LA politics is all about a popularity contest and who is beholding to who because of the jobs/promises! I know I can easily match my decades of personal and professional accomplishments against yours! So give it up and get over yourself. Are you worried about the up-coming budget because we are close to being on the NYS "troubled school" list?

Let's keep this real. Your opinion of me does not matter at all...... The education of ALL LA children, City/School employees who care about their job duties, raising of taxes without representation, and a true transparent government in all are my only concerns.
    Please try and grow up, lack1 and company........ You can take your blah-blah-blah and shove it where ever you want to.........a word of caution though, beware of evil-doing....ask the City Hall folks who came after me about their recent losses!
    Sitting on this site?!? Too funny!

Contribute something of substance regarding the issues/future direction of OUR, NOT-YOUR, Lackawanna Schools/City and just stop your "bit*****" about me, Andrea Haxton. Community Activist/Political Consultant. Do you really think you are doing a good job for the district? Business First will soon be grading YOU! Can't wait!
    P.S. Have a nice day, sweetie!
    To" lackawanna #1 " and company, THE FACTS, speak for themself.............!
    Try and dispute them!
    Schools needing to improve jump to 44
    Up from five last year for Buffalo Niagara
    By Mary B. Pasciak
    NEWS STAFF REPORTER

Published:November 10, 2011, 9:49 PM
    School Zone blog
    The News' education page
    Updated: November 11, 2011, 1:31 PM

Sixteen Buffalo schools, five charter schools and 14 suburban schools in Erie County have made the state's most recent list of schools in need of improvement, Albany officials announced Thursday.

Four Niagara Falls schools and five suburban Niagara County schools also got the unwanted designation.

And three local school districts -- Lackawanna, Lockport and North Tonawanda -- have been dubbed in need of improvement.

Folks, You can go on the web to read the rest of the FACTS in the article if you want too, I did not post entire article.
    Who is kidding who?...........

P.S. I am not one to use the term "shut-up" at all......but it was a fitting response for the lack1 smokescreen/BS!
    So........Please, Shut-Up already! And just deal with the FACTS regarding the truth about our schools " dubbed in need of improvement " that some patronage and nepotism has caused!

Dear Andrea, I am not on the school board as you are insinuating. yes the schools are in need of improvement, and as far as business first, the rankings are bull, tthey wont even release what factors into the rankings, it is what it says business first and youve chased more out of lackawanna than anyone! political consultant, hahahahahahah political hack, get a job and off off welfare, and pay your taxes so wee can improve our city and schools with the money you owe!

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Dear Andrea, I am not on the school board as you are insinuating. yes the schools are in need of improvement, and as far as business first, the rankings are bull, tthey wont even release what factors into the rankings, it is what it says business first and youve chased more out of lackawanna than anyone! political consultant, hahahahahahah political hack, get a job and off off welfare, and pay your taxes so wee can improve our city and schools with the money you owe!
    Wee can improve the schools if she pays her taxes, implies that you are. BTW, you need to go back there, or at least don't drink and post!

Let me repeat myself, I am not on the school board or work for the housing or the city! PAY YOU DAMN TAXES OR SHUTTTTTTTUP about where our tax monies are being spent! oh, and get a job ,get off welfare, yo are an abled body American, We work for a living,pull your own weight!

Where did you go to school? Pay YOU DAMN TAXES OR SHUTTTTTTTUP? Really? You are the only one here looking like a fool. Learn the English language or you, my friend should SHUT UP!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Here we go again. Instead of fixing the problems at the schools, your solution is to throw more good money at it. How about holding the administration, teachers, teacher aides accountable. Certainly spending over $20,000 per student per year is MORE than enough. Any person with some common sense would ask what is wrong. Why are we near the bottom year after year? Why do our children decide to leave school knowing full well that they will remain in poverty? Can't blame the students because over the years the results are the same. Students come and go but the faculty remains. Try this one, do your job better and maybe we will see results.

Do you really believe that we are bad mouthing the district? That concept is laughable. Seems that everybody in the county laughs at us. They thank the almighty that we exist because we make them look better. Nothing will ever change until the people working for the district understand and make the effort to change. We are demanding the change. We are going to hold the administration and staff accountable. If you can't do or refuse to do the job then get out. These are our children's lives that you are playing with. The result of the district now is more welfare. Just doing the same will just increase that burden.
    Where's the like button for this post? God forbid that anyone ever tell the truth about anything in this city. The only welfare going on in this district is jobs for their family and friends.

Post Why?

I wonder why we have to go out and vote for a BIG BOND to repair Truman School? If it was kept up annually maybe the bill would be lower than the quoted $6mil in 2012. I know it is State money but it still trickles down to tax money.....does the word "Fiduciary" not mean anything to the people who have taken an oath to do right for the Citizens/Tax Payers of Lackawanna?!?

WHY don't the powers to be keep everything maintained on a routine basis like other districts?
    I pray the main entrance over-hang holds up until they get "State Funds" to FIX Truman School.......what do the Maintenance- men maintain anyway? No offense to anyone.

Can you please do a safety check by a qualified structural engineer type of person on that structure asap......we have been having high winds.......maybe the powers to be were/plan to be out of the country and have not noticed the creaky thing.........

I Thank You in advance in the name of our innocent babies/families and staff!
    P.S. Do not get me wrong......I feel boxed in and forced to vote for the approval of this Bond because Truman is stuck in 1975 and OUR children/staff do deserve a state of the art educational facility.
    I am upset that the the powers to be make us run from crisis to crisis which makes the costs go higher.......ie. I realize it may be challenging at times, but the money is there....so, Change the oil every 3000 miles, etc., PROACTIVE NOT REACTIVE!
    BTW.........Who is the qualified quality assurance LSD employee?

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    I wonder why we have to go out and vote for a BIG BOND to repair Truman School? If it was kept up annually maybe the bill would be lower than the quoted $6mil in 2012. I know it is State money but it still trickles down to tax money.....does the word "Fiduciary" not mean anything to the people who have taken an oath to do right for the Citizens/Tax Payers of Lackawanna?!?

WHY don't the powers to be keep everything maintained on a routine basis like other districts?
    I pray the main entrance over-hang holds up until they get "State Funds" to FIX Truman School.......what do the Maintenance- men maintain anyway? No offense to anyone.

Can you please do a safety check by a qualified structural engineer type of person on that structure asap......we have been having high winds.......maybe the powers to be were/plan to be out of the country and have not noticed the creaky thing.........

I Thank You in advance in the name of our innocent babies/families and staff!
    P.S. Do not get me wrong......I feel boxed in and forced to vote for the approval of this Bond because Truman is stuck in 1975 and OUR children/staff do deserve a state of the art educational facility.
    I am upset that the the powers to be make us run from crisis to crisis which makes the costs go higher.......ie. I realize it may be challenging at times, but the money is there....so, Change the oil every 3000 miles, etc., PROACTIVE NOT REACTIVE!
    BTW.........Who is the qualified quality assurance LSD employee?
    Everything deteriorates. Including you.

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    Everything deteriorates. Including you.
    You are right everything will deteriorate. Time takes its toll on all physical structures including human beings. Nothing is free. All the money comes from us whether it is state funded or local. How is spending millions of dollars on a building going to change the situation that we have in Lackawanna? Are we saying now that the grades that the children achieved are the fault of the building? If you want to see improvement in the childrens grades we need to get to the root causes of the problem. Fixing the physical structure is only a cosmetic solution and does not address the issues. It looks good, it smells new but it doesn't change anything. Until the parents and taxpayer get the board to address the root causes of the problems within the district we will just be spinning our wheels.

The fact is we have a failing school district. What is the root cause of the problem? Is it the students that want to fail? How about the parents, I'm sure that they don't get up in the morning and say that we have to have our children fail. Maybe it is the taxpayers who want the schools to do poorly. Yeah maybe they say that they want a failing school district so that their home values deterioriate. The only common denominator is the mindset of the faculty and administration that will not look in the mirror and say that maybe we don't have the best teachers. The bottom line is that the education of the students is a business. It is not personal. We need to identify the teachers that are not producing and replace them with people that can do the job. It is what a business would do. It is what the district needs to do and it is what the district has failed to do.

Bravo!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

By Harold McNeil

News Staff Reporter

Published:March 17, 2012, 12:00 AM

Plans were unveiled this week for a $6.65 million renovation of Truman Elementary School in the Lackawanna School District.

The presentation was made at an informational meeting in the Martin Road Elementary School prior to the School Board’s regular business meeting, and was held almost two weeks in advance of a March 27 public referendum on the proposed capital improvement project.

Raymond J. Bednarski, of Kideney Architects, project manager for the proposed renovation, said the project would not entail any major reconfiguration of the floor plan at the 46-year-old school building at 15 Inner Drive. It would instead pursue repairs that compromise safety, and replace outdated technology throughout the building and its grounds.

The planned improvements include replacing a deteriorated canopy in front of the school; resurfacing and reconfiguring the parking lot; repairing cracked concrete foundations at the corners of the building; and replacing the outdated electrical distribution system. Also, bathrooms in the building would be reconfigured and updated to meet accessibility standards that are required by the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act.

The 12 residents attending Thursday’s informational hearing were told that the project would be fully funded by the state and would have no impact on local taxes. Members of the School Board stressed that 98 percent of the cost of the project was eligible for reimbursement by the state and the remaining 2 percent would be covered under the state’s Expanding our Children’s Education and Learning, or EXCEL, funding.

Joseph DiCenzo of Madison Avenue took exception to the board’s characterization of the financing of the project as being without a tax impact, noting that local taxpayers still pay state taxes.

“If you said zero local tax impact, I almost would agree with you,” DiCenzo said.

However, Board President John W. Makeyenko noted that if the district decided to forgo the EXCEL funds, the funds would go to another district.

The March 27 referendum will be held from noon to 9 p.m. at four polling places in the distric.

Hmmm....I say skip the wasted renovation and work with the state to re-district the staff and children to other school districts. Why fix a building that no one will fill in a few years?

MERGE and let the kids have a chance at a better future!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13 percent budget reduction would allow public schools to keep more money

Assembly bill cuts charter school fundingBy Mary B. Pasciak

News Staff Reporter

Published:
    March 20, 2012,
    School Zone blog
    The News' education pageUpdated: March 20, 2012, 8:02 AM

Many local charter schools would see their budgets cut about 13 percent in 2012-13 under a bill passed by the Assembly.

The bill seeks to cut funding to the 2009-10 levels for charter schools — but only those located in a district where at least 10 percent of the students are enrolled in charters. Locally, that would affect Buffalo and Lackawanna.

Charter school leaders, who were expecting a funding freeze for 2012-13, say a double-digit funding cut would devastate their programs.

South Buffalo Charter School would stand to lose more than $900,000 next year. The enrichment classes such as Spanish, art and music that are offered from kindergarten through eighth grade would be among the programs likely to be cut, officials say.

“We’re going to have to relook at all the support mechanisms we have for these kids, and the enrichments we have would have to be cut back,” said James Neimeier, chairman of the board at South Buffalo Charter.

“It’s going to significantly hurt the progress that we’ve made with these kids. They get a lot of individual attention.”

At Enterprise Charter School, the proposed cut would translate into the loss of five teachers—out of a staff of 35 — for 405 students.

“It’s terrifying. I don’t know how we could possibly recover from that,” said Jill Norton, chief executive officer of Enterprise Charter in Buffalo. “We’d really be offering bare-bones instruction.”

Charter schools receive their per-student funding in installment checks from the home districts of their students, rather than in direct payments from Albany. The rate varies by district, based in part on how much each district itself spends per student.

The Buffalo school system pays $12,005 for each student who goes to a charter school; under the Assembly proposal, the payment would drop to $10,429 per student, about a 13 percent cut. There are more than a dozen charter schools within the city limits, as well as others nearby that many city children attend, such as the Charter School for Applied Technologies in the Town of Tonawanda.

About 17 percent of students living in the City of Buffalo attend charter schools.

There is only one charter school in Lackawanna, Global Concepts, but it draws more than 10 percent of that district’s students. The Lackawanna School District pays $11,969 now per student to the charter school. That would drop to $10,833, a 9.5 percent cut.

The way charter funding is set up by the state, a cut to charter schools translates into an increase in funding for district schools. If the Assembly’s proposal is included in the final state budget later this month, it would effectively translate into about an $11 million increase for the Buffalo Public Schools.

“I think it’s reasonable. It gives us a chance to be on equal footing and work out the deficits all districts are facing,” said interim School Superintendent Amber M. Dixon. “The advantage is it’s geared specifically toward districts that have been inadvertently affected by the rise of charter schools.”

Assembly members Crystal Peoples-Stokes and Sean Ryan both voted in support of the Assembly’s budget bill, which included the proposed cut to charters in districts “saturated” by them. In addition to Buffalo and Lackawanna, charter schools in Albany, Troy and Roosevelt would be affected.

Ryan and Peoples-Stokes emphasized that the charter funding cut was part of the larger budget bill.

“We don’t get to vote on every single word in the budget,” said Ryan. “I’m a big supporter of public education in New York. We need to make sure the entire public education system is funded fully.”

“I would like charter funding to stay at the level it is. I would like this to be reconsidered,” Peoples-Stokes said.

At the same time, she said, if the Buffalo district is going to lose several million dollars in school improvement grants this year, “then perhaps this is something that could make up for that.”

Funding for charter schools needs to be separated from the funding for district schools — a point that charter leaders as well as district leaders generally agree upon — both Assembly members said.

Residents of the TWO worst school districts in Erie County Lackawanna and Buffalo now get screwed double. Let's call our assemblymen and state senators and tell them this proposal will screw our kids even more. If anything they should increase the amount to the charter schools and take money from the districts because school districts like Lackawanna are only a political welfare system for the chosen few! They have no intention of carrying out their misson of educating our children!!! As you can see our nice democratic controlled assembly got their election slush fund payment recentlly from the teacher's union!

I herd nicholas sobaszek is running again and picked up petitions already can any one confirm this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information