Thread: Property Taxes will go up....

Property Taxes will go up....

Even with the cuts made, once the numbers come in, there is an anticipated 60-100 million dollar deficit for last yr, 04' . There is a projected 100 million dollar deficit for 05, and the same for 06'. Giambra will remedy this with large increases in property taxes. Without massive efforts to stop this, get out your checkbook. It is coming. Politicswny is on target with most all it's predictions. They haven't been wrong about Joel, that is certain.

Won't the budget be in place?

yea, but with wrong numbers

The numbers they anticipate, and the actual numbers that come in are different. ie. Its like you or I, saying we are out of debt, when in actuallity, I have a 3000 credit card debt but am going to pay that off with my, anticipated, 3000 tax return. I miscalculated, and my tax return only ends up being 1000. Now I'm 2000 in debt. What happened here is Joel using anticipated tax money coming in that is on the high side as well as expected expenditures on the low side. When the numbers do come in they will be exactly opposite. Sales tax assumptions will be lower, and expendatures will be higher. That will create the deficit, for 04'. A minor example is the Sheriffs Dept cutting 500k from their Jail budget. That is ridiculous. Every year, they pay out at least 10 million for OT. They only budget 3.5 million, immediately creating a 6.5 million deficit , every year.

Re: yea, but with wrong numbers

Originally posted by Deerhunter
    A minor example is the Sheriffs Dept cutting 500k from their Jail budget. That is ridiculous. Every year, they pay out at least 10 million for OT. They only budget 3.5 million, immediately creating a 6.5 million deficit , every year.
    I can solve this financial problem.

Rather then incarcerate those convicted of anything other the rape, robbery, or murder, give them a one way ticket to California.

Once those convicted of rape, robbery, and/or murder are done serving their sentences...give them a one way ticket to California.

Anyone caught returning to the state is sentenced to life in a chain gang paving the area roads.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Deerhunter is right on with the sheriff's budget , thats been occuring for God knows how long . And Giambra and his dept. heads in building and grounds and in some cases social services and parks and highways has been handing out OT like candy to a lot of people . He has been understating his sales tax revenue since day 1 of his administration and since day 1 has been disengenuos at best with his budget numbers . He's also brought the county debt to nearky 400 million and sooner or later payments on that are going to come due . In these budget hearings , Judge Majkowski is asking his budget director to sign an affidavit confirming that the current budget is in balance . So far he hasn't signed it , will be very interesting to see if he does . If he is wrong or not being truthful he is exposing himself to court action down the road .

Thread Information