Thread: Konst Question?

Konst Question?

Consider this. If Konst has done as alleged and voted twice on the same day in two different states, she is considered to have commited a felony crime according to law. Why then has she not been arrested?
    If the proof is so absolute, then DA Clark should be pursuing felony charges.
    Any theories?
    Remember, Herr Volker and the Albany Reich will do anything, and I mean anything to stop Konst.
    And why is he so "busy" with his campaign he cant talk to the media?
    He also totally blew off a debate with Konst in Alden last nite because he is to busy. Why is he hiding?

I do not think anyone charged with prosecuting the type of crime alleged is even looking into it because even if it is true all the statutes of limitations has passed on it and any prosecution is barred by it.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

All that Volker has on Konst is the following:

Voting records (which are just basically names in an excel spreadsheet) show her name as voting in the same day in 1998 both in Florida and New York. There is no 'proof' such as a signature - this was destroyed a long time ago.

It's both possible that she (a) DID vote in Florida, or (b) someone above or below her in the signature book voted in Florida, and a clerical mistake was made which shows that she voted.

Even if (b) occurred, Florida law says they are not allowed to correct it now.

According to Konst, she left Florida in 1992, and was not there in 1998.

However, the thing suspicious to me is that in 1994, she renewed her Florida driver's license by going back there, when she was already in New York since 1992.

Additionally, the 7 years have passed where you can prosecute this 'crime' if indeed there was one.

This is pretty much all Volker has on this, and he's running constant ads against Konst. She might be guilty, and she might not be guilty. I don't know.

I think that Volker's mailing said that her license in FL didn't expire until 2000.

I don't know about FL, but NYS licenses are good for 8 years. But, even if she moved in '92, and kept a place there for a few years, even using it as her official address....I can't blame her.

Which one of us here would NOT use a Florida (NO STATE TAX) address if we could?

If this is all Volker has on Konst, then its a blessing. His near million dollar staff went diggin and this is all they could find? A questionable vote in Florida that is most likely clerical error. Since there is no proof besides a checkmark by her name in an excel file, there is no signature card, no airplane records, no smoking gun then I don't know how anyone can say that she absolutly did it. Innocent until proven guilty in this country (Is that how it goes? Or does that not apply anymore?)

I lived in Florida for a couple of years and I know you can't cash a check there without an instate drivers liscence. I did some research and found out at one time she was a Marketing Director for a firm that had an office in Buffalo and in Florida. So I'm assuming(might not be right, please don't cruciffy me) that she used it to cash her checks from the firm. Since she was in Florida and people generally need money when they travel, she would have had to cash her check if she forgot to bring some or ran out before she got back to Buffalo. So that's probably why she had it. I do know that they have family there and is it illegal to have 2 drivers liscences?

If this is in fact the case then let's not call her a bad guy for having an out of state liscence just to cash a check, its not that big of a deal

Harry?

Nice defense!! How many names are you posting under? Only someone very very very close to Ms. Konst would care enough to ramble about why she had 2 licenses so she could cash a pay check.

Quote Originally Posted by pumped View Post
    Nice defense!! How many names are you posting under? Only someone very very very close to Ms. Konst would care enough to ramble about why she had 2 licenses so she could cash a pay check.
    I cared enough about this Konst issue after being annoyed by the same attack ad multiple times per day every day for weeks. So, I did about an hour worth of research myself to clear it up for myself. Duffman2828 might have done the same.

I don't know the laws back in the 90's, but today it is ILLEGAL to have more than 1 driver's license. When applying for a new state's license, they will ask if you have a license in another state and ask you to turn it in if you do. I'm not sure how they procecute it (or even find out about it) if you're lying. I'm also not sure about the penalty of this 'crime'.

Plus, she could have a 'legal loophole' here. Say, if her license EXPIRED in Florida, THEN the next day she applied for a NY license, she technically does not have a Florida license... THEN the next day she renewed her Florida license... hmmmmm?

I've heard that the reason the states don't want you to have multiple state licenses is that if you get pulled over for speeding, DWI, etc. you can eventually lose a state's license, but then you could drive on a DIFFERENT state's license.

I'm sure it's more convenient to have 2 for check cashing.... so I don't know is this a 'crime' that is like speeding 5mph above the speed limit, or is this a 'crime' more equated to a DWI?

I, like Brandon, am also sick of all the negative attacks against Konst and did some research. I pride myself on knowing the issues and getting a grasp on the issues and attacks. I just don't think its fair that the republican machine(with Volkers unlimited mulah) can do this to an individual and thier family. All the info I found was online (look for yourself). I just don't think she is getting a fair deal, the State Senate Dem Committee and Erie Co Dems have droped the ball here. While they are funding Mesi and Stach through the roof, Konst has $6,600 available and only 11 points back. I'd say they are doing a good job with their limited resources. I like supporting the underdog and am just sick of Volkers crap and smug arrogantness. He refered to Joe Bruno as HIS BOSS, are you serious! YOU WORK FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE 59TH DISTRICT!!!!! Volker is old and senile, he needs to be put into a retirement home!

Thread Information