Thread: Company executives are paid far too much

Unregistered

Company executives are paid far too much

The June 15 News article, "Execs fatten their paychecks," listed three executives from National Fuel Gas whose total pay is more than $5.5 million. Meanwhile, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of customers of National Fuel who have had their gas shut off because they cannot afford to pay for it.
    These people - and their numbers are legion - are the third world in a first-world country. They are so far from the American dream. Their rights are severely limited by their inability to participate in the "good life." These are our neighbors in Western New York, the working poor, the unemployed, the disabled, the recipients of Social Security. There must be a more equitable distribution of income. Companies, as well as the government, have a responsibility to share the wealth.

SUSAN STIEVATER
    Amherst

www.buffalo.com

Unregistered
    At least companies generate profits which can pay taxes and support the public sector which consumes those taxes. Without successful companies the system would collapse the money does not grow on trees.
    I agree some execs are WAY over compensated, especially when they run a company into the ground, be it incompetance, greed or whatever.
    It always amazes me though the hatred the left has for companies and business, the very people they are dependant upon to fund all their public programs.
    Read Atlas Shrugged

Buffalo apparently is now reaching the point of rapid financial degredation.....too many people and agencies dependant on things funded by public dollars and not nearly enough private sector success stories to create enough wealth to pay the taxes that will support it all.

The liberal, democrat mentality did not create most of Bufffalo's problems, but they sure poured gasoline on an already bad fire. Soon there will not be enough remaining to tax and the mess will inevitably fall without monetary support. Then special interest groups and politicians can complain all they want about unfair and greed, it won't matter the reality of an inability to pay for it all will be on them and there will be no dealing with it.

I laughed when I saw the Unions were already whinning about the Control board comming to Buffalo, but if they get their way and there is a less powerful control board it will only accelerate the death spiral Buffalo is in. Then they will have no one to blame, but will be crying like so many others.

Too many think buisness and employers owe them something, this mentality in WNY is the big nails in the regions coffin....like it or not.

Thread Information