Thread: Sugar Intolerance

Sugar Intolerance

I am looking for some good recipes on sugar intolerance. Primarily dessert's that are very low in sugar for the Christmas dinner.

try allrecipes.com as a start. It's my go to website for anything that I want to cook or bake. I like them because the reviews always have recipe tweeks and other good information. They also have nutritional information and a recipe calculator to increase or decrease the serving sizes.
    Or Google Sugar Intolerance Recipes and see what that comes up with.
    Good luck and Merry Christmas
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    try allrecipes.com as a start. It's my go to website for anything that I want to cook or bake. I like them because the reviews always have recipe tweeks and other good information. They also have nutritional information and a recipe calculator to increase or decrease the serving sizes.
    Or Google Sugar Intolerance Recipes and see what that comes up with.
    Good luck and Merry Christmas
    Thanks mesue for your input. I am trying to get on that link but I keep getting the "whoops that didn't go welll" chatter. Anyways, I need to find a way to eliminate or substitute sugar. I know that using honey is a good substitute to use and yogart also.

I will definitely find some recipes and perhaps share some of them. You too mesue have a great Christmas and New Year and enjoy your family

I will try to get some posted for you on my website - probably not by Christmas, but I will try.
    There are some great dessert recipes posted there already but not as low in sugar as you may want. Have a great holiday season!
    www.gardenofhealthmin.com

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Thanks mesue for your input. I am trying to get on that link but I keep getting the "whoops that didn't go welll" chatter. Anyways, I need to find a way to eliminate or substitute sugar. I know that using honey is a good substitute to use and yogart also.

I will definitely find some recipes and perhaps share some of them. You too mesue have a great Christmas and New Year and enjoy your family
    It did that for me too when I clicked on the link here.
    I googled all recipes and the only difference was a back slash /
    let's try this with a /
    http://allrecipes.com/
    to see if this works.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

It did that for me too when I clicked on the link here.
    I googled all recipes and the only difference was a back slash /
    let's try this with a /
    http://allrecipes.com/
    to see if this works.
    It worked for me, but I haven't cleared my cookies yet.

It worked for me, but I haven't cleared my cookies yet.
    Thanks mesue I got on. Of course guess which recipe site I went directly to, the sweet potato site. OMG I love sp's and the ideas are endless. I like the roasted sweet potato recipe so as no to use brown sugar at all, simply roast in the oven with some herbs.

Thanks mesue I got on. Of course guess which recipe site I went directly to, the sweet potato site. OMG I love sp's and the ideas are endless. I like the roasted sweet potato recipe so as no to use brown sugar at all, simply roast in the oven with some herbs.
    That sounds really good

I saw something this morning on tv where they grated sweet potatoes & mixed some stuff in and made pancakes. They sure looked good.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    I saw something this morning on tv where they grated sweet potatoes & mixed some stuff in and made pancakes. They sure looked good.
    Now, that sounds good!

Agave' Nectar, rather than honey. I have seen it around lately, it's pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTNOW View Post
    Agave' Nectar, rather than honey. I have seen it around lately, it's pricey though.
    A little pricey, but excellent....
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    Hey neighbor, I saw that too. Pancakes made with sweet potatoes. Actually, I noticed that the Olive Tree Restaurant here in Lancaster was advertising sweet potato pancakes. I'll have to try that.

I would add pecans to the pancakes and drizzle just a bit of maple syrup.

Thread Information