ROTTEN EGGS IN BELLEVUE!!!!!!!

Recently, the odor in this community (from Dick rd and Broadway, through Indian rd, Como Park blvd, Rowley rd, Deer Trail, Rowley Hollow, Old Farm rd, Old Farm Court, Bennett rd and it's side streets has been of a foul nature.

This odor, from the chemicals (gases) "hydrogen sulfide" or "sulfur dioxide" have the scent of ROTTEN EGGS. These chemicals can cause shortness of breath, nausea, tingling of the nostrils and the back of the throat as well as other respiratory symptoms. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO THESE GASES CAN CAUSE LOSS OF THE SENSE OF SMELL and or digestive system ailments which waxed and wane with the odor. They are also a NUISANCE to the residents that have been forced to live with the odor for years.

On Tuesday Feb.1, 2005 from 6:30 PM - after 11:00 PM these odors were detected near the Buffalo Crushed Stone Quarry entrance at 500 Como Park Blvd. quickly the odor spread down Como Park blvd to the park entrance, it was then noticed on Rowley rd.

A RESIDENT after feeling sick to his stomach, QUICKLY COMPLAINED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION (OR CORRUPTION) about the odor.

The DEC phoned BCS at which time they learned that BCS's discharge pipe had frozen. "What this means to the resident, I have no idea." The DEC then phoned the resident back with the frozen pipe story.

We have heard this story of frozen pipes in the past years, my question is: SINCE THIS IS AN ONGOING ISSUE IN THE COLD WEATHER, WHY ARE NO STEPS TAKEN TO PREVENT THIS FROM REOCCURRING??? WHY SHOULD THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THIS COMMUNITY BE MADE TO DEAL WITH THIS CONTINUED NUISANCE?
Buffalo Crushed Stone claims to be a good neighbor. Allowing poisonous gases to fill our air with no regard for our safety or quality of life is not what I classify as a "GOOD NEIGHBOR"

SCHULTZ LANDFILL ALSO A SOURCE OF ROTTEN EGG ODOR

Good News came to local residents in the spring of 2004, Schultz Landfill a longtime eyesore and source of complaints was closing.

Reality hit soon after the preparation for closing had begun. Not only did the residents of Bellevue have the NUISANCE of Buffalo Crushed Stones odors, Schultz landfill began to emit a similar NUISANCE odor. THE STENCH OF ROTTEN EGGS WAS ALL AROUND US.
READ THE THREAD ENTITLED
"ROTTEN EGGS BCS & SCHULTZ LANDFILL PART2"

TO LEARN WHAT IS HAPPENING AT SCHULTZ LANDFILL TODAY