Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Who was the last person to actually cut government?

  1. #1
    Member cheekman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,657

    Who was the last person to actually cut government?

    God must love stupid people; He made so many

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438
    Coolidge
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

  3. #3
    Member Mindcrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,640
    The last person to make notable cuts to government was Clinton.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    The last person to make notable cuts to government was Clinton.
    Actually that was Newt, Clinton Vetod welfare reform twice.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

  5. #5
    Member Mindcrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Actually that was Newt, Clinton Vetod welfare reform twice.
    Actually, it wasn't. We didn't balance the budget with welfare reform.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Actually, it wasn't. We didn't balance the budget with welfare reform.
    Actually welfare reform was vetoed twice and you are wrong about Clinton lowering spending. The last time congress passed a budget that was less than the year before was in the 1920's. Try using the internet for once.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

  7. #7
    Member Mindcrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Actually welfare reform was vetoed twice and you are wrong about Clinton lowering spending. The last time congress passed a budget that was less than the year before was in the 1920's. Try using the internet for once.
    Yes, we know welfare was reform was vetoed twice. We get it. That's why it had nothing to do with the balanced budget. It was a combination of lowered spending and increased tax revenues that accomplished this feat, something modern Republicans will never achieve because they're addicted to false theories like "tax cuts on billionaires creates jobs."

    Why don't you try reading an actual newspaper? The internet is replete with unfounded nonsense, including your own.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

  8. #8
    Member mikenold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    7,594
    The supervisor of Hamburg, Steven J. Walters, had a budget in his 4th year that was less than when he took office.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    11,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Yes, we know welfare was reform was vetoed twice. We get it. That's why it had nothing to do with the balanced budget. It was a combination of lowered spending and increased tax revenues that accomplished this feat, something modern Republicans will never achieve because they're addicted to false theories like "tax cuts on billionaires creates jobs."

    Why don't you try reading an actual newspaper? The internet is replete with unfounded nonsense, including your own.

    Actually yes, Welfare reform had a lot to do with the balanced budget no matter what the left wing blogs tell you. And as far as increased tax revenue, that came from a growing economy in '96-98 not because of higher taxes. That's the reason why Clinton cut Wall St's taxes by 40% in 1999 (effective 2000).

    I'm glad you think the BLS and NYT website is "unfounded".

    But to go back to the original point. Coolidge was the last POTUS to sign into law a budget that was less than the year before.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

    Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why can Government abandon property but a private person can't?
    By farmall806 in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 14th, 2007, 01:44 PM
  2. So why isn't this person in jail?
    By WNYresident in forum Erie County Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
  3. This person does have a point.
    By WNYresident in forum Buffalo NY Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
  4. What do we think of this person.
    By WNYresident in forum A Monopoly on Our Community Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 16th, 2004, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •