Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Debbie Bucki Rotten Politics

I see that Liberty has yet to refute what I've stated

Plus we can all see that all Liberty knows how to do is complain, and state half truths. Seeing as not many were hearing the rant against Hayes, Liberty grew tired of the rants of against only Mohan, Liberty is trying this on for size. Next after this it'll be poor Grelick or poor Darlene Carroll, or this position shouldn't be a political plum. The sky is not blue enough...or the sky needs more clouds will be the next complaint.

If you truly feel passionate about something, then run for office. Otherwise you're part of the problem. And nothing will change...BTW why no slamming of 14 years in a political plum of of a job and then get silver plated the Clerk's job...just curious.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Debbie Bucki Must Explain her Anti-Taxpayer Actions!

Debbie Bucki should explain her refusal to let taxpayers see an official report from the town comptroller as to the shoddy political budget that Mohan and Bucki are trying to slide by the people! Any student of government knows that the transparency in governance imperative affords no shortcuts.

Huh?

It seems that Liberty is not at liberty to talk about anything except how Liberty feels about Liberty and Liberty's liberty. It kinda makes me wonder on how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

I wonder where PaulJohnson, crabapples, and the rest of that ilk are now that Liberty is at it again...they are all strangely silent...hmmm?

Debbie Bucki is sitting out the Budget process

Backbencher Debbie Bucki apparently has decided to sit out the budget process again this year and add nothing of thoughtful value to this very important process (which by the way is supposed to be part of her job description as a town board member). If Debbie Bucki has nothing to say of any importance after 3 plus years on the job, why should she be promoted to town clerk/tax receiver?

Debbie Bucki should try to lead by example and come up with some thoughtful ways to deliver services without breaking the bank. The County got into all their problems by having legislators without the courage to stand up to Giambra. Similarly, the town board members refuse to stand up to Mohan (except Marlette) and tell him that the proposed Mohan/Bucki political budget is not sensible. Reckless Police cuts, no funding for emergency and winter equipment and on and on and on. Can Debbie Bucki or her single apologist explain why she continues to refuse to get the professional insight from the town's comptroller on her political budget?

where is the apologist?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Backbencher Debbie Bucki apparently has decided to sit out the budget process again this year and add nothing of thoughtful value to this very important process (which by the way is supposed to be part of her job description as a town board member). If Debbie Bucki has nothing to say of any importance after 3 plus years on the job, why should she be promoted to town clerk/tax receiver?

Debbie Bucki should try to lead by example and come up with some thoughtful ways to deliver services without breaking the bank. The County got into all their problems by having legislators without the courage to stand up to Giambra. Similarly, the town board members refuse to stand up to Mohan (except Marlette) and tell him that the proposed Mohan/Bucki political budget is not sensible. Reckless Police cuts, no funding for emergency and winter equipment and on and on and on. Can Debbie Bucki or her single apologist explain why she continues to refuse to get the professional insight from the town's comptroller on her political budget?
    I ask questions of you but you avoid...much like Sarah Palin does and to paraphase her and apply to you "I am not going to answer your questions, I'm going to speak to the American public". All I have asked as I seem to recall is for you to sling the brown stuff at all the candidates, but you just seem to have a conflict with a select few....my guess is that the select few that you do have a conflict with turned a deaf ear to you and now you are angry with them and hence the slinging of the brown stuff.

Bucki - Politics 24 x 7

I noticed that Bucki's literature proudly promotes the fact that she is endorsed by the Amherst Police Club. Political payback for all those votes for the Police. Now she has to vote on giving back money to the police...any guess on how she will vote? Actually I would think that she would have to recuse herself from any vote involving the police.

I remember her saying how it took her 3 tries to win a seat on the Town Board and NOW she hasn't even finished her term and here she is running for something else.

So let's see, she would appear to be
    ....just like Dan Ward who runs for everything instead of doing his job on the Town Board
    ....just like Schratz who ran for another office instead of doing her job on the Town Board
    ....just like Weinstein who with less than a year on the town board and a horrible work ethic is starting his race for Supervisor instead of doing his work on the Town Board

I say get rid of them all.....

Amen to that!!!

Will Debbie Bucki work on the budget (ever)

Quote Originally Posted by amhresident View Post
    I noticed that Bucki's literature proudly promotes the fact that she is endorsed by the Amherst Police Club. Political payback for all those votes for the Police. Now she has to vote on giving back money to the police...any guess on how she will vote? Actually I would think that she would have to recuse herself from any vote involving the police.

I remember her saying how it took her 3 tries to win a seat on the Town Board and NOW she hasn't even finished her term and here she is running for something else.

....just like Dan Ward who runs for everything instead of doing his job on the Town Board
    ....just like Schratz who ran for another office instead of doing her job on the Town Board
    ....just like Weinstein who with less than a year on the town board and a horrible work ethic is starting his race for Supervisor instead of doing his work on the Town Board

It does seem preposterous that these people don't seem to have good ideas for the Mohan/Bucki political budget and then they all expect to be promoted to higher political office! These campaigns are an insult! Why don't they work on making the budget something they aren't ashamed to have examined?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    It does seem preposterous that these people don't seem to have good ideas for the Mohan/Bucki political budget and then they all expect to be promoted to higher political office! These campaigns are an insult! Why don't they work on making the budget something they aren't ashamed to have examined?
    99.99% of all campaigns are an insult. If a neophyte(sp?) runs, then that person lacks experience. If there is experience(but not specifically that particular job )then it doesn't apply, no matter how similar. If someone does run while still in office, then they haven't done their job correctly and/or are constantly running and/or are expecting promotions to higher office. If they have ideas, then these ideas are implied impractical, or are considered just re-worded and therefore just rehashing old ideas that don't work. Show me a candidate that doesn't have any flaws and I'll show you that you have not looked close enough.

Root cause???

Quote Originally Posted by amhresident View Post

AHEMMMM...ALL this doesnt say much for the dimwitted voters who put them in office...some of these ...repeatedly.
    WHO REALLY? is the horse's ..........??

Shall we invoke a Quote from Winston Churchill?

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    AHEMMMM...ALL this doesnt say much for the dimwitted voters who put them in office...some of these ...repeatedly.
    WHO REALLY? is the horse's ..........??
    I think Winston Churchill once observed something to the effect that "the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter". Take the example of tax cuts as a campaign mantra (Ranzenhoffer, Hayes, Giambra ad nauseum). If you move state mandates from state to local (or vice versa) you still pay for it. If you double star, the taxes just go up. Admnistering the changes sometimes costs more than the savings promised.

I read in the "Bee" that DB's resume includes being a notary public and degrees in nursing. What real substance do these items provide to adequately manage a governmental position such as Town Clerk? I guess the same as being a professor in engineering at a university being town supervisor. And you wonder why the town has the issues it is experiencing at various levels of government?

Quote Originally Posted by forreason View Post
    I read in the "Bee" that DB's resume includes being a notary public and degrees in nursing. What real substance do these items provide to adequately manage a governmental position such as Town Clerk? I guess the same as being a professor in engineering at a university being town supervisor. And you wonder why the town has the issues it is experiencing at various levels of government?
    So Yaeger(sp?) has no resume? Just curious. Or nothing notable(sp?) in her resume? Wow....maybe I should run for clerk because I have no resume published in the "Bee" either...or at least nothing notable(sp?) that has been published in the Bee or at least nothing that I can recall. I may never have been in the "Bee" but maybe someday i'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView View Post
    So Yaeger(sp?) has no resume? Just curious. Or nothing notable(sp?) in her resume? Wow....maybe I should run for clerk because I have no resume published in the "Bee" either...or at least nothing notable(sp?) that has been published in the Bee or at least nothing that I can recall. I may never have been in the "Bee" but maybe someday i'll check it out.

Actually, Jaeger does have an excellent resume for this job. She spent more than a decade as the manager of the Board of Elections office. Sounds very relevant to me. And it is a lot more experience than Bucki has. She hasn't managed anything - ever. She would be a disaster with her micro-managing, need to "study" the most minute questions, and inability to see the forest for the trees.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information