Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The horrors of slavery/White Supremacy:Goodbye Uncle Tom

The horrors of slavery/White Supremacy:Goodbye Uncle Tom

This movie makes"ROOTS look like "SESAME STREET" The truth was never told to white America how bad it really was. May be unsuitable for some

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It was bad but I hope as humans you all learned not to repeat history and learn from it.

Who do you expect to learn not to repeat it ?

Be honest, of the 2 hours, how much did you watch?
    I was impressed that they had helicopters back then. Also, the happy fife music for the dead white man.
    I did learn something. God is white and the Bible says people can have slaves. Now, I'll admit that I've read the Bible through only 3 times. I cannot recall any Book, Chapter or Verse to tell me the color of God or that He ordained American slavery. BTT, you would know, where in the Bible does it say the color of God or where He says that American slavery was okay?
    BTT, this movie was definitely made for shock value and to show a different supremacy, a more congenial and progressive supremacy. Albeit still white, but they're European, so I guess that makes this kind of white supremacy is okay. Maybe even a Papal Supremacy, as the Italians were "Roman Catholic." Weren't the early settlers European? Or, are Spain an Portugal, neighbors of Italy, not part of Europe? Wasn't Mr Zachery, the supreme European, from London? Don't we blame all Englishmen for owning slaves?
    The merry music during the rape scene was about enough for me.
    To me this movie made fun of a horrible time in USA history. This is highly evidenced by the children watching, and laughing at a man's castration. Why would you watch a movie that slaps you in the face BTT?
    I wanted to stop watching after I heard a man say that Jesus ordained slavery. I noticed that he didn't used Scripture, just spouted his opinion. A lot of you used to laugh at my posting Scripture because I didn't have the brain cells to explain myself reasons for what I believe without posting Scripture. Right here is a perfect example of why you should back up what you say with Scripture. That man was not a preacher but a teacher of hate. BTT, is this what you want to perpetuate?
    And, as if, the southern women were that stupid? BTT? Really?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I would suggest Jesus at the time of His earthly ministry had olive colored skin. He blended in with the people of that time, he needed to be identified by a kiss when the time of his betrayal took place. He did NOT have long hair.

The Alpha and Omega Jesus of the book of Revelation I knows head and hair will be white as wool and have eyes of fire!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    I would suggest Jesus at the time of His earthly ministry had olive colored skin. He blended in with the people of that time, he needed to be identified by a kiss when the time of his betrayal took place. He did NOT have long hair.
    I wonder if he looked like King David? Ruddy skin, curly hair, very handsome?
    I dunno how long his hair was. How long is long? Show me where it says in Scripture the length of His hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    The Alpha and Omega Jesus of the book of Revelation I knows head and hair will be white as wool and have eyes of fire!
    This is what I'm looking forward to.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

What this film points out is this is why our country hasn't recovered from it's past ills. It was much more than what we ever thought. The Priest and others really believed that stuff, why do you think all the pictures you see of Jesus makes him white with long hair ? The traditional pictures of Jesus should be deposed of everywhere, do you know how accepted false religions because of these lies ??? If you grew up seeing these false pictures of Jesus and they somewhat resembled your appearance, do you know how much it makes it easier and less difficult for you accepting and acknowledging him as your God ? The movie allowed you to see how and why African Americans feel the way they feel, SOCIETY IS SETUP THIS WAY FOR A REASON. The value in watching the film is to get a firsthand look at how our Ancestors were treated as slaves. Take a long hard look at all of the cruel and inhuman methods that were used to take away our humanity and dignity. NOTICE NOT TOO MANY COMMENTED BUT THERE WERE MANY VIEWS .

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    What this film points out is this is why our country hasn't recovered from it's past ills. It was much more than what we ever thought. The Priest and others really believed that stuff, why do you think all the pictures you see of Jesus makes him white with long hair ? The traditional pictures of Jesus should be deposed of everywhere, do you know how accepted false religions because of these lies ??? If you grew up seeing these false pictures of Jesus and they somewhat resembled your appearance, do you know how much it makes it easier and less difficult for you accepting and acknowledging him as your God ? The movie allowed you to see how and why African Americans feel the way they feel, SOCIETY IS SETUP THIS WAY FOR A REASON. The value in watching the film is to get a firsthand look at how our Ancestors were treated as slaves. Take a long hard look at all of the cruel and inhuman methods that were used to take away our humanity and dignity. NOTICE NOT TOO MANY COMMENTED BUT THERE WERE MANY VIEWS .
    While I sorta agree with you, in that our beliefs can be formed in our youth. But that's when we part ways.
    I agree with Paul in 1 Corinthians 13:12. We do, indeed, see through a glass darkly. Why do you think God tells us, in Isaiah 55:8, that His thoughts are not our thoughts and that His ways are not our ways? Because we are finite and He is infinite. We can't grasp at His concepts. This is why Paul says, in 1 Corinthians 13:12, we know in part. Because we can't know everything. At least, not until we get to Heaven. Paul goes on to say in 1 Corinthians 13:12 that when we get to Heaven and we see Jesus face to face we will know as we are known.
    Consider this: If we are created in God's image, what image is that? What if, when I see Jesus at the Father's right hand, I see a light skinned, brown hair/brown eyed being? While at the same time, you see a dark skinned, brown hair/brown eyed person? The Bible tells me that Jesus will have white hair and fiery eyes. (I don't think there will be fire coming out of His eyes, but more of a fiery brilliance like diamonds) But the Bible doesn't say what God the Father looks like. It is God the Father's image that we are created in.
    When you read Exodus, did you ever wonder what God's handwriting looked like? Not just His penmanship but the actual words that He wrote on the tablets of stone, in Exodus 31. Would they be the same when I read then as when Moses read them? What if I was able to see then written in English and at the same time Moses read the very same stones in Arabic? Because we will know Him as we are known.
    I won't know if any of what I said is true, except where Scripture clearly says what Scripture clearly says. I won't know until I get to Heaven, but these are the random thoughts that go through my head as I read the passages of Scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    While I sorta agree with you, in that our beliefs can be formed in our youth. But that's when we part ways.
    I agree with Paul in 1 Corinthians 13:12. We do, indeed, see through a glass darkly. Why do you think God tells us, in Isaiah 55:8, that His thoughts are not our thoughts and that His ways are not our ways?
    Because that was the old covenant, the new covenant in Christ says this. 1 Cor 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. Those that walk in the spirit.

Because we are finite and He is infinite. We can't grasp at His concepts. This is why Paul says, in 1 Corinthians 13:12, we know in part. Because we can't know everything. At least, not until we get to Heaven. Paul goes on to say in 1 Corinthians 13:12 that when we get to Heaven and we see Jesus face to face we will know as we are known.

Consider this: If we are created in God's image, what image is that?
    John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." You are a Spirit, but because you live in a body you think God wants to lead us by our 5 senses. Not true, my bible says in Rom 8:14 Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

What if, when I see Jesus at the Father's right hand, I see a light skinned, brown hair/brown eyed being? While at the same time, you see a dark skinned, brown hair/brown eyed person? The Bible tells me that Jesus will have white hair and fiery eyes. (I don't think there will be fire coming out of His eyes, but more of a fiery brilliance like diamonds) But the Bible doesn't say what God the Father looks like. It is God the Father's image that we are created in.
    When you read Exodus, did you ever wonder what God's handwriting looked like? Not just His penmanship but the actual words that He wrote on the tablets of stone, in Exodus 31. Would they be the same when I read then as when Moses read them? What if I was able to see then written in English and at the same time Moses read the very same stones in Arabic? Because we will know Him as we are known.
    I won't know if any of what I said is true, except where Scripture clearly says what Scripture clearly says. I won't know until I get to Heaven, but these are the random thoughts that go through my head as I read the passages of Scripture.

One thing I have come to understand is this, all we know is what we've learned, but what we learned is not all we need to know. From the beginning God gave that same ability to be potent to all his creation. He planted within each person including you the ability to be much more than you are at any moment. God created us to be Omni-potent. That is not to say we are equal with God. NO. What I am saying is that the word omnipotent not only relates to God, but to us as well. Our potential is the dormant ability, reserved power, untapped strength and unused success God designed into each of us. We are somebody because God leaked some of himself into us.

This is why Jesus said in John 14;12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that BELIEVETH on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Knowing who you are in Christ and believing it, has always been the hindrance to those who claim they are following him.

Religious men even though well meaning has stunted the growth in many circles of the faith. What Jesus taught his 1st disciples / Apostles is the standard for the believer. Anything less than that is just born again religion.

In Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
    Last edited by Bringthetruth; December 7th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.

God is Spirit and we are his Offspring, we are spirits housed in bodies.

What this film points out is this is why our country hasn't recovered from it's past ills. .
    Neither has Germany, Japan....etc.
    How do you recover from an event if you weren't present at the time...not even your forefathers? Or should one be guilty by race?
    The continent that has the most wars and the most atrocities in recent memory is of course Africa. What of those countries? And in the end it doesn't matter if you look at what the race demo will be here in the US in about 100 years.

I think people of hispanic descent could care frankly, I would suspect Asian descendents will care less so...
    Which is not good or bad it just is....Transgressions passed are most effectively dealt by the one's transgressed and slavery is over now... and please don't talk about unemployment because that is not slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Neither has Germany, Japan....etc.
    How do you recover from an event if you weren't present at the time...not even your forefathers?
    Allow the Atrocities done to you be rewarded like the Native Americans and Jews.

Or should one be guilty by race?
    The continent that has the most wars and the most atrocities in recent memory is of course Africa. What of those countries? And in the end it doesn't matter if you look at what the race demo will be here in the US in about 100 years.

The continent that has been plundered and raped and ripped off of it's resources has been Africa too.

I think people of hispanic descent could care frankly, I would suspect Asian descendents will care less so...
    Which is not good or bad it just is....Transgressions passed are most effectively dealt by the one's transgressed and slavery is over now... and please don't talk about unemployment because that is not slavery.
    Both of those ethnic group have native lands to go back to because their history hasn't been destroyed and hidden from them.

I can see the point this movie made went right over your head !

Both of those ethnic group have native lands to go back to because their history hasn't been destroyed and hidden from them.

I can see the point this movie made went right over your head !
    No land was ever native,, everyone came from somewhere, and it has nothing to do with mistreatment of others.
    I can't think of a population that wasn't
    subjugated, enslaved, attempted to be eradicated at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    No land was ever native,, everyone came from somewhere, and it has nothing to do with mistreatment of others.
    I can't think of a population that wasn't
    subjugated, enslaved, attempted to be eradicated at some point.
    What I meant was they have a homeland where their history has been preserved along with customs , culture etc....

THIS CAN BRING DAMAGE FOR 100'S OF YEARS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information