Thread: Local politicians are so hypocritical

Unregistered

Local politicians are so hypocritical

Politicians ask our young people not to be turned off by politics. They urge them to get involved in the process, asserting that this is beneficial to the country. Local politicians add that they hope young talented people in Western New York will not leave the area, but stay here and work to improve our way of life.
    Kevin Gaughan seems to fit this profile. He is young, well educated, has made his home and work here, and seems to care sincerely for our area. He actively participates in different ways to try and help solve our problems. So what do our local politicians - the ones who got us into this mess in the first place - say? Well, have a listen: Former Lt. Gov. Stan Lundine: "I do think it's more of the Kevin Gaughan Show rather than something dedicated to accomplishing results. I think Kevin is much more of a convener than an implementer."

County Executive Joel Giambra: "The other night was an embarrassment and a total waste of time. . . . It was like "The Jerry Springer Show.' "

Fillmore Council Member David Franczyk: "It's only The Buffalo News where he's taken seriously. I don't think people take him seriously."

County Legislator Albert DeBenedetti: "An unproductive legislative staffer."

Buffalo Niagara Partnership President Andrew Rudnick: "He's a gadfly . . . ineffective because he doesn't stay with anything at all."

So much for our career politicians and their phony rhetoric. Get interested, but not at my expense, and certainly not if it is not my idea. Stick around Western New York, but we don't want your ideas, just your money.

These people will not solve our problems, because they are our problems. Is anybody surprised at the fix we're in?

TOM COX
    West Seneca

www.buffalo.com

Well said. I think the comments made by local politicos about the very people they are employed BY after that forum was reprehensible.

Thread Information