Thread: Volker or Konst, who is more deserving of our vote-

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Volker or Konst, who is more deserving of our vote-

The Buffalo News this morning endorsed Republican State Senator Dale Volker for re-election to serve the 59th District. Although the News declares endorsed Democratic challenger Kathy Konst “has clearer and stronger ideas about the needs of voters” and that “Volker is often defensive about the Legislature’s obvious dysfunction”, but that there is a need for seniority if the Senate remains Republican makes little sense.

More...

they're both lying sacks of poo

lying sacks of poo???

Not sure I agree with that characterization. Volker is just old, a little senile and out of touch. However, he epitomizes the 'old time politician' - the glad hander, pork supplier that we have elected for decades. The rules changed, the expectation is changing and our region is going down the tubes and he is to old to change his ingrained ways.
    Konst is a trailblazer but comes with so much bad history - bankruptcy, falsehoods to cover financial losses, and trickery over the system that while she may have been a good representative her past caught up with her. Everyone knows she didn't vote in Florida and NY - she had someone vote for her in Florida to support residency requirements. She and her sleazy husband seeking ways to beat the system.
    Clearly, two terrible choices - either one would fit well in the dysfunctional, corrupt state government.

If I could vote in the 59th District

If I could vote in the 59th District. My vote would be for Kathy Konst.

My reason is that under Mr. Volker, who has been a career politician for many years. Just look at the results of his time in office the State is broke.
    Mr. Volker must share the blame for the dysfunction of our legislative body.

I think a new face will be much better than the same old face. Maybe Mrs. Konst will support new tax ideas that will lower the cost of doing business in this state.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

I dont Care if Satan is running against Volker I would Vote for the Devil before that piece of crap.

The sad part about the system is that, given his seniority, Volker has the ability to get more Albany support (i.e. money, pork if you will,) for WNY than Konst would have.

Regardless, I wouldn't vote for him, unless there was a gun to my head. (yes, with a gun to my head, I would vote for him - go ahead and call me a wimp.)

Volker is scary looking. Does that qualify as an reason not to vote for him?

Volker must be in trouble, I get a mailing from him about every other day. He must be spending a fortune. Along with the mailings, the TV commercials are very telling how desperate he is. His antics in the last few years, saying there was nothing could be done about the toll booths and then jumping into every picture when others got them removed, were indicative of his sorry character. He may have done some things in his multitude of years, but I would bet most were never done for the greater good of all the people, but for a friend here or there or a group that needed favors. If you want the same old, same old, he's your man.

Volker is about as useless as an ejection seat in a helicopter.

I hope that sorry sack loses big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Volker is scary looking. Does that qualify as an reason not to vote for him?
    He looks like a senile old man,Vote that worthless ugly overweight guy out of office.Oh And his boy Harry too.

Thread Information