View Poll Results: Do you think the peoples representation is dead?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is truly gone

19 76.00%
  • Nah I like how they don't listen to me

4 16.00%
  • huh what pass me another beer

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the peoples representation is dead?

Do you think the peoples representation is dead?

With the bailout bill passing even with a majority of the people contacting their "Representatives" urged them to vote against the bailout, do you think the idea of you being represented in the government is truly dead?
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

You BUY representation, you don't vote for it!

justKel
    You know what? I don't want to hear another damned word about this election, I don't want to hear any more debates, I don't want to hear politicians blathering about all the BULL**** they're supposedly going to do for "We The People."

Screw ALL of them. You're right, there is no representation anymore.

This Time Warner/Channel 4 thing is the perfect opportunity to TURN MY TV OFF so I don't have to be subjected to politicians and their hot air and lies anymore.

Screw them all. No one represents me.

Picture this....One of the "Peanuts" gang in the classroom - he's a politician. We're the teacher. What does he hear? Wah, blah, wah..............

sadly this country is no longer a constitutional republic.

Yes its gone. Someone told me last night, well, we elect them and beleive that sometimes they have to make a decision in our own best interests even though its not what we want.

Are we 3 years old now?

What about representation by the people for the people.....

enough is right, you buy it, but even with that, its the old bait and switch ad
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by justKel
    You know what? I don't want to hear another damned word about this election, I don't want to hear any more debates, I don't want to hear politicians blathering about all the BULL**** they're supposedly going to do for "We The People."

Screw ALL of them. You're right, there is no representation anymore.

This Time Warner/Channel 4 thing is the perfect opportunity to TURN MY TV OFF so I don't have to be subjected to politicians and their hot air and lies anymore.

Screw them all. No one represents me.
    You know we dont get along but when some one says something right I let em know. Great Post Kel a home friggin run.Thanks

You would think that with our 400 politicians in WNY we would feel very represented,, sadly our taxes are high and our people leave, where is our representation?

Our representatives are bought and paid for by special interests and unions who are able to get out the vote..unfortunately our voting populace is disinterested,disheartened and apathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us
    You would think that with our 400 politicians in WNY we would feel very represented,, sadly our taxes are high and our people leave, where is our representation?

Our representatives are bought and paid for by special interests and unions who are able to get out the vote..unfortunately our voting populace is disinterested,disheartened and apathetic.

Save you are so right,Its not worth fighting it in the voting booth any more,Look at our choices for President,Dumb and Bumber. I just had a polster call me concerning Niagara County,Everybody she mentioned I replied Idiot,she named every brain Dead clown On the Legislature. And the Voters In NY State and the rest of the country that think Hillary is the second coming. I mean It I am done no more for me I just switched parties from Independent to IDGAF party. So I will just sit back and watch the train wreck becuase its comming,and all you pundits all you union members all you public employees thanks for destroying the greatest country in the world.Oh dont call me I will call you.

Representation is proportional to the constituents' particip[ation. The one thing that is the most detrimental is voter apathy. We have not been voting "them" out and thereby giving our stamp of approval of their performance. In an overwhelming number of elections the incumbants win and change (sometimes in names only) for the most part only happens when there is no incumbant.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Representation is proportional to the constituents' particip[ation. The one thing that is the most detrimental is voter apathy. We have not been voting "them" out and thereby giving our stamp of approval of their performance. In an overwhelming number of elections the incumbants win and change (sometimes in names only) for the most part only happens when there is no incumbant.

Cycles:

Courage to Liberty
    Liberty to Abundance
    Abundance to Selfishness
    Selfishness to Apathy
    Apathy to Dependence
    Dependence to Bondage
    Bondage back to Courage

IMO, the majority of the culture is in dependence and bondage. But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan
    Cycles:

Courage to Liberty
    Liberty to Abundance
    Abundance to Selfishness
    Selfishness to Apathy
    Apathy to Dependence
    Dependence to Bondage
    Bondage back to Courage

IMO, the majority of the culture is in dependence and bondage. But I could be wrong.
    Brilliant,, very true, I read something that stated the greatest civilizations have a 200-300 year life span, Rome all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Save you are so right,Its not worth fighting it in the voting booth any more,Look at our choices for President,Dumb and Bumber. I just had a polster call me concerning Niagara County,Everybody she mentioned I replied Idiot,she named every brain Dead clown On the Legislature. And the Voters In NY State and the rest of the country that think Hillary is the second coming. I mean It I am done no more for me I just switched parties from Independent to IDGAF party. So I will just sit back and watch the train wreck becuase its comming,and all you pundits all you union members all you public employees thanks for destroying the greatest country in the world.Oh dont call me I will call you.
    A huge train wreck,, look at how much government we have in NY, If the bailout doesn't screw us you can count on the NY pension system to finish us off when that tanks. You know damn well where were going to take that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us
    Brilliant,, very true, I read something that stated the greatest civilizations have a 200-300 year life span, Rome all over again.
    The roman monarchy lasted from 751 to 510BC (250 years), the republic lasted from 509BC to 44BC (450 years) and the empire from 43BC to as late as 476AD (500 years) with the fall of Constantinople.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan
    Cycles:

Courage to Liberty
    Liberty to Abundance
    Abundance to Selfishness
    Selfishness to Apathy
    Apathy to Dependence
    Dependence to Bondage
    Bondage back to Courage

I believe we are still in selfishness to apathy.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information