Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, did i get an email today..

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Wow, did i get an email today..

I got an email from someone basically saying.
    -----------------------
    HOW guilty do you feel now that you know your actions (petition) caused hundreds to get laid off...
    ------------------------

lol.
    You should feel guilty if its only hundreds.
    Aren't they covered by UnEnjoyment insurance?

Why should anyone who protested more taxes feel guilty because there will be layoffs. We can feel bad for them, their families -- because it is difficult when ANYONE looses a job.

Accusations like that show their ignorance and narrow minded ness. They should be upset at own leaders and the government that has led them into believing that this was the land infinite means.

Additionally, where was their untity and brotherhood. Why didn't they step up to give up something to save jobs.

Actually, this is the kind of thinking that Giambra and his cronies are counting on to put pressure on the legislators to go along with his schemes. That's why the parks are closed when they have money to staff them through the end of the month.

I'm suprised you haven't gotten more really , emotions are running very high and the frustrations people are feeling at a level you can't even begin to measure. Don't take it personally Wny, its directed at everybody, even there own . I'm told people really tore into Bogulski today , people had overlooked the unions for the most part and a few idiotic words from that nitwit changed that in a hurry. If you listened to Beach today , he and others now are using the county workers as poster children for what is wrong with the systemand I for one don't think thats a fair assessment at all. Their are your useless workers in every industry , to paint all of them in that fashion is only rubbing salt in the wounds.
    These people know the real story and most of the causes of this fiasco and for them that will have to pay the consequences this cannot sit well. To hear people describing the 9 legislatures as heroes or people with courage has to be galling especially since many of them have been writing these legislatures of abuses, of the waste , and about all the positions created and civil service laws either outright ignored or violated time and time again and none of these people did anything. I'll admit to being biased here before someone accuses me of it, I do have many friends that work there. But I also lost a job once due to a company shutdown and things like that you don't forget easily.

Angry

I listened to Beach today also, and being a former County worker, married to a current County worker, I'm very angry that we are now the "bad guys". There are good and bad in all workplaces, not just the County.

rural lady, I hope your husband hangs in there and is one of the lucky ones . As for Beach , don't let him get under your skin. No matter how noble he and loudmouth Tom B. want to sound , you better believe they will play this for all its worth. Its all about the ratings . Both of them still miss the most obvious question and although people bring it up they still ignore it . And its what I've been asking for awhile here , what happened to all that money and where were these noble legislatures then ?

HOW guilty do you feel now that you know your actions (petition) caused hundreds to get laid off...

You should have replied back to say that 'hundreds' shouldn't have been on the County Payroll to begin with.

noble legislators

Hmm!

I think Al DeBennedeti (Spelling) was working a second job trying to raise money to pay back taxes since his mileage reimbursement was sufficient.

Swanick was studying political wind patterns to see which party he needed to belong to tomorrow.

The rest were waiting their turn to do something moronic!

Beach and Bauerle. Ratings Baby although I think with his WNY roots Bauerle is more genuinely concerned that the Beach

I'm very angry that we are now the "bad guys". There are good and bad in all workplaces, not just the County.

You are right, but to the rest of the taxpaying residents Erie County shouldn't be the largest employer in the State. We just can't afford it any more. Wegman's is the #1 place to work for...

I am glad the cuts were made, and I don't feel guilty even though I do know some County workers that will be laid off.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh it's not ALL government workers are bad. Theres a LOT of good ones. The good ones have to help the community purge the bad ones though. The ones which unfairly beat the system which they shouldn't be in.

It's common sense that there are a few things we need government to do for the collective good of our community. I believe that in NY state/county/local governments have grown into the "government, inc" company of services. THe bad thing about NYS/County/Local "government, inc" is they expect us to pay what ever they feel they are worth to run thier "government, inc."

I did hear the woman that called Sandy beach today which made me think they certianly think differently than I do. I don't think anyone is entitled to anything. The only ones who are entitled to anything to a point are the mentally disabled, truely disabled and elderly. But then again there even has to be a limit to those items too.

I"m self employeed which really means i'm unemployeed until a client hopefully walks through the door to conduct business with me. I have nothing to guarantee me a certian amount of people will walk through my door. I can guarantee the cost of doing business in WESTERN NY is making me less competative against other companies in other states.

You should be proud of what you've helped to accomplish, RES.

You should be proud of what you've helped to accomplish, RES.

here, here... well-said therising!

Is there a law that prevents a person from posting an e-mail?
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

There are many union and county workers out there that agree taxes can no longer be increased. But then there are ones like the one that wrote you that just don't see the big picture. They can only look at it as a personal attack on them to take away their jobs.

The sad thing is that it isn't really *about* them. It's about how govt is run and what it's doing with all our money. Unfortunately the result IS about the workers since there are too many and they will need to find other work.

These people also don't grasp that when they go on the radio and complain about how mean everybody is because they're kids can't go to college now or something, they just don't realize that nobody should *expect* the rest of Erie County to fund their lifestyle or their kid's college education. I heard one upset guy mention his kid's piano lessons! I'm really sorry you may need to cancel her piano lessons, but how is that MY RESPONSIBILITY? Her music lesson fund is not a perk of the county. Does that guy pay for other kids music lessons? No.

This is a bit rambling... but anyway don't let it get to you... even though it will. Nobody likes to see anyone layed-off or lose their job or have their kids do with less. But the CITIZEN's were forced to take action because the GOVT wasn't doing it's job. They no longer knew how to balance a budget, they only knew how to take more money.

If you had a family member that couldn't live within their means and constantly came to you for money. You help them out to a point because you care and don't want them to hurt. But as they ask and then DEMAND more and more of your hard-earned dollars, and then EXPECT you to always give more, their arrogance becomes insulting and you realize they have to be cutoff. They have to understand reality at some point. Hopefully the pain can still be minimized by doing it the RIGHT way, which at this point isn in the hands of the legislature.

BTW, I thought your idea of faxing the petition comment directly to legistlator offices was a great idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information